Home Decor, Furnishings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Decor, Furnishings

I have just painted my room to red and pale orange(1 side of wall is red and the rest is pale orange). Would like to ask how should i go about to decorate the room, should i do it in zen, japaness style etc. What colour of furniture should i get for my room. Thanks.
    Last edited by nicole; 01-08-2003, 12:32 PM.

Red and pale orange seems to be vibrant colours so I don't think Zen or Balinese style will be suitable. With such vibrant colours a modern look would be better? Sorry not an expert in furnishing. Suggest you get some ideas from home furnishing magazines....

Comment

red and white contrast..... can consider white furniture, but not all white though..... u can make your place more vibrant with all kind of colorful furniture.......

Comment

yup i agree with jemay, some white furniture would contrast nicely.. since you have used such fun colurs on your walls you could prob head down to ikea(sale!!)..or cargo (at suntec) to check out their furnitures..cargo carries really fun and nicely-coloured furniture.

Comment

Pure white might be too stark... in comparison with your walls. Try off-white or cream furnishing... and add soft funishing with subtle colors similar to that of your walls, like a light peachy orange curtains, or some nice throw with splashes of red in it.

Comment

wah so fast make me a beating child....make i all swollen.

i intend to have silver as the main colour in my room, wat you all think of silver, another is that i don't know whether i wan my bed directly on the floor or on a bed stand, i have go around looking for the curtain but nothing fancy me. another is my bath room, can anyone suggest any idea, i wan a cosy bath room
            Last edited by Joce7878; 01-08-2003, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juzaguy
              Will make a trip to ikea when free....
              Ikea having a sale this month. Can't remember the exact dates but check the papers! Good luck in decorating your room!

Comment

Hey~ If you're looking for a modern kinda look, alternatives to curtains would be good. And saves the trouble too!Ikea has these draw up blinds that would look neat and stylish at the same time.
                However, don't be too deceived by the really nice looking sets in ikea as they cannot be jus bought off the shelf. There is a tailor in their design department who alter and customise certain things to fit the set...
                Anyway, have a nice shopping trip to ikea! that place.

Comment

Since your room color is red and pale orange so it is not suitable for zen and japanese style since those styles reveal a calm surrounding.
                  I think people nowadays more like going to zen and modern style but I have my house in classic style.

Comment

Hi handsome,
                    I like your room colors!! Red and orange are vibrant colors and good as antidepressants! Zen would be too serene for your room.

I think you need some of these:

and white sheets for your bed would be a good balance between loud surroundings and calm restplace.
                    You can try white sheets with yellow stripes.
                    I am into bold designs that make a statement so it really depends on what you want

SilverVelvet!! Let us know your suggestions!

Comment

I dunno if this is the right place to post it, but does anyone know where to get those cute bamboo drapes that appear on Dharma and Greg??? I remember reading in CLEO a long while back about ordering online, but I have no idea where
                      Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by redpetal
                        I dunno if this is the right place to post it, but does anyone know where to get those cute bamboo drapes that appear on Dharma and Greg??? I remember reading in CLEO a long while back about ordering online, but I have no idea where
                        Anyone?
                        I saw some lovely black ones in robinsons... not sure if they are still there... it has a lovely vibrant red rose print.

And u can check out Lim's Art @ Holland Village...

Comment

I'm dying to replenish some furniture... my place is like a dumping ground *ugh* like this 27 year old set of encylopedia which my mom refuses to throw away. Mismatched furniture and really bad use of storage space. Hey, it rhymes

I want to hunt for wooden shelves for my books. Anyone knows where to get sturdy ones, preferrably not made of chipboard? I'm on a tight budget, don't want to spend too much because I never know when I have to move back to my family's 'new' place.

Thinking of getting nice fabrics to drape over the settee and make simple curtains with

Other wishlist... a big enough wardrobe, study table, bed.

Comment

Not sure if this is actually the right thread to post to...

Will any kind be able to suggest some kind of coffee table and chairs that I can leave in the open (outside the house). Preferably something that can withstand the rain and sun. I'm having problem with the current table I have (similar to that used at Starbucks). The wooden portion is rotting. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Dimples
                              Not sure if this is actually the right thread to post to...

Will any kind be able to suggest some kind of coffee table and chairs that I can leave in the open (outside the house). Preferably something that can withstand the rain and sun. I'm having problem with the current table I have (similar to that used at Starbucks). The wooden portion is rotting. TIA
                              Saw some nice ones in the new 2004 Ikea catalog. Try places like V. Hive too for affordable ones. For high ends, try Xtra Living at Park Mall.

Comment

Working...
                              X