Anyone using Ariston water heaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Ariston water heaters?

Does anyone know who's the agent for Ariston water heater? I've checked but it seems that the agent for Ariston cooker is not handling water heaters.

I have a dripping problem with the heater - does anyone using the heater share the same problem? The water heater is the non-instant type.

Any info. would be appreciated.

u mean the storage tank hanging above the bathe type? I have that in mine, i go check if it is Ariston. It has been functioning well, the previous owner installed it & recommended me to change after 7-10 years, now going into 10th year, still working fine. Update u later. Or anyone who is sure can help??

or u call this company to try check?
    http://www.universalunion.com.sg/water_heater.htm

Comment

Yes, I realise it's called the storage water heater. Thanks for the link!

Wow...yours seem to have lasted very long....do you turn it on everyday? For how long?

A friend used it and the tank kind of burst after 4-5 yrs, so we're worried it might happen to ours, which is about 5 yrs+ and it's leaking somewhere at the back. Hope it's not troublesome to replace.

Comment

I am using those too. It isn't troublesome to replace so as long as you get the same size so the pippings still fit. Oh, some water dripping is fine as long as it doesn't go on for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by ashlee
          I am using those too. It isn't troublesome to replace so as long as you get the same size so the pippings still fit. Oh, some water dripping is fine as long as it doesn't go on for a long time.
          Oh, thank you. You're right about having to get the same sized heater so that it will fit the existing pipes. Ours was leaking continuously for some time already , so we bought a new one (30 litre) for replacement from the Universal Union link above and got a plumber to fix it up properly.

It seems that the old design is no longer being produced and future stocks will come in a different design and costs slightly more.

Cheers!

ps: Congrats on your forthcoming baby.

Comment

i ever thought of it leaking or bursting one fine while i shower

but lazy to change, when i put my place up for sale, i will let any potential know. this type of thing can't play play one.

oh yes, thanks for this thread, at least it serves as a good reminder

Comment

my Ariston water also leaking now, after 6 years of faithful service. It's leaking from behind the tank, seems to be a norm according to the customer server from Ariston. Is there any better ones in the market? Like can last for at least 20yrs...

Comment

used ariston electric storage water heater 30L for sale

hey y'all,

i'm selling the above for $100 ono. interested parties please email me at [email protected]. it is in very good condition. only catch is you'd have to get someone to install it for you.

cheers

Comment

ktizo... i was using a Ariston (really old old model, metal drums and all rusty outside) for 15yrs nothing happened, when we renovated the house, we changed to a newer model of the same make, BUT 5yrs and its leaking.
                  hmm seems like its true that the new products these days arent as lasting anymore.

Comment

My Ariston leaked after 5 years too. Had to get that fixed once detected cos the storage heater was placed above the washbasin. Anyone using the washbasin could be accidentally scalded.

Comment

Working...
                    X