Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nicho111
    replied
    No i havn't but i need a beautifull singapore woman to spent the rest of my life with.

Leave a comment:

• starsdvd
    replied
    I feel the same way too if I were you. I have afew Indonesian friends and when they are talking to each other in their own language I feel so left out too, I don't know what they are talking about at all. Maybe you try to pick up abit of their language so that at least you understand what they are talking about. That will make ourself feel better too.

Leave a comment:

• AmandaTeo
    replied
    Foreigners look better and more maintained then us. Maybe thats why also we lose SG guys to them. Time to work out sisterssss!!!

Leave a comment:

• Borgen-breeze
    replied
    Originally posted by Dav3281 View Post
    I don't see many Sg guys dating Ang Moh girls @[email protected] nice post though :D
    That's true, but many of them are dating foreign girls !

Leave a comment:

• Dav3281
    replied
    Originally posted by JonNicole View Post
    It's good to date foreigners! (sorry SG guys, but frankly, I see a lot of western girls dating SG guys, so you're covered, I think).

However, you must be a really strong learner, and be really interested in life-long learning.

Thing about dating foreigners is that it can be really exciting for those inclined to learning lots lots lots. Things to learn include cultures, accents, languages, foods, even differences in physical attributes. Oh yeah, non-black guys do find deep brown skin all over rather... exotic.

However, if you're not inclined to learn fast and lots, it'll break up soon enough. All the USA-Japan couples I know have broken up wherever the couple is not adventurous and inclined to experimentation and learning. All relationships are based on communication, and understanding each other is paramount. Language, culture, food preferences, taboo issues. All need to be learned. The Ang Mos who successfully stayed in a marriage with Asians have all successfully learned Asian stuff. Likewise, for the Asian women marrying Ang Mos.

The physical attraction part can get old. Guys have totally gotten over their gorgeous wife's physique. Girls have dumped George Clooney look-a-likes. A relationship takes real work.

Bear in mind that the best minds in USA are from cross-culture marriages. Poland, Scotland, Germany, Italy, blah blah. It's a sad fact that pure-breeds are not as strong. With exceptions: Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Not much of a physique, but brilliant and driven mind. Not entirely sure he's pure breed, though. But cross-breeds do have very strong physiques.

Yurigiri should really learn Bahasa Indonesia. It's a very refined form of Malay (it's not even termed Malay). It's worth learning, economics wise. Likewise, if dating a Japanese, learn Japanese, and don't lecture him about English being an international language. They've done well enough keeping to their own language. Of course, if you meet a Japanese who speaks perfect Jap and English, then get ready to make some genius babies.
    I don't see many Sg guys dating Ang Moh girls @[email protected] nice post though :D

Leave a comment:

• ElizabethKatio
    replied
    I'm an indonesian chinese And i'm dating a foreigner and he's from france. I had the same problem at the very beginning of our relationship. It was pretty rocky as i hate the fact that they are so glued to their own language and ignoring those who couldn't understand a word. But i believe time will come when he realised it isn't cool to do that all the time. I guess it is also depending on the age-group your bf are hanging out with. How long have you guys been dating?

Leave a comment:

• JonNicole
    replied
    Originally posted by MedonaJames View Post
    I also like to date with a foreigner.
    It's good to date foreigners! (sorry SG guys, but frankly, I see a lot of western girls dating SG guys, so you're covered, I think).

However, you must be a really strong learner, and be really interested in life-long learning.

Thing about dating foreigners is that it can be really exciting for those inclined to learning lots lots lots. Things to learn include cultures, accents, languages, foods, even differences in physical attributes. Oh yeah, non-black guys do find deep brown skin all over rather... exotic.

However, if you're not inclined to learn fast and lots, it'll break up soon enough. All the USA-Japan couples I know have broken up wherever the couple is not adventurous and inclined to experimentation and learning. All relationships are based on communication, and understanding each other is paramount. Language, culture, food preferences, taboo issues. All need to be learned. The Ang Mos who successfully stayed in a marriage with Asians have all successfully learned Asian stuff. Likewise, for the Asian women marrying Ang Mos.

The physical attraction part can get old. Guys have totally gotten over their gorgeous wife's physique. Girls have dumped George Clooney look-a-likes. A relationship takes real work.

Bear in mind that the best minds in USA are from cross-culture marriages. Poland, Scotland, Germany, Italy, blah blah. It's a sad fact that pure-breeds are not as strong. With exceptions: Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Not much of a physique, but brilliant and driven mind. Not entirely sure he's pure breed, though. But cross-breeds do have very strong physiques.

Yurigiri should really learn Bahasa Indonesia. It's a very refined form of Malay (it's not even termed Malay). It's worth learning, economics wise. Likewise, if dating a Japanese, learn Japanese, and don't lecture him about English being an international language. They've done well enough keeping to their own language. Of course, if you meet a Japanese who speaks perfect Jap and English, then get ready to make some genius babies.
    Last edited by JonNicole; 24-07-2012, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MedonaJames
    replied
    Originally posted by Borgen-breeze View Post
    From the sound of it, I would say your feeling of insecurity stems from something else. It is NOT SOLELY because of this Indonesian guy you are dating. Whatever that is, only you will know it. It goes deeper than just not understanding foreign language to make anyone feel insecure about themselves !

YOu say that you are exposed to the same situation even at work and outside? what do you mean by that? It could be a clue to the root of your insecurity.

Reiterating my above point - your insecurity stems from something else and not from him hanging out with his Indonesian friend. By avoiding to hang out with his friends is only a temporary solution to a much deeper issue.

I'm wondering if this is the real reason of your insecurity? That he will eventually leave you? Hence, every activity and action of his makes you paranoid about you not "being good enough" including this language thing ?

He can say whatever he wants and promise you the sun and the moon but talk is cheap and only action speaks. So only time will tell. Based on your feelings and life experience, make some calculated risks and then take a leap of faith. If things doesn't go well, then put it down to a learning experience.

If learning a foreign language can help someone solve their insecurity issues - then all shink and psychiatrist will be out of jobs. That is NOT the solution.

Before this question can be solved, you should be asking what is it that is making you feel so bad about yourself in this relationship.

When you can honestly answer it, you can then go about solving it to make yourself feel better.

Your insecurity of dating this Indonesian guy is just a manifestation of the real issue. It is NOT the issue itself per se.
    I also like to date with a foreigner.

Leave a comment:

• Borgen-breeze
    replied
    Originally posted by yurigiri View Post
    I feel so insecure and lowly about myself whenever they hangs out in a group of their own.
    From the sound of it, I would say your feeling of insecurity stems from something else. It is NOT SOLELY because of this Indonesian guy you are dating. Whatever that is, only you will know it. It goes deeper than just not understanding foreign language to make anyone feel insecure about themselves !

YOu say that you are exposed to the same situation even at work and outside? what do you mean by that? It could be a clue to the root of your insecurity.

Doesn't mean dating someone of that group means I am part of them. I don't want to hang out with his friends and i would prefer to be only with him.
    Reiterating my above point - your insecurity stems from something else and not from him hanging out with his Indonesian friend. By avoiding to hang out with his friends is only a temporary solution to a much deeper issue.

I am afraid he will go back one day for good even though he said he loves me.
    I'm wondering if this is the real reason of your insecurity? That he will eventually leave you? Hence, every activity and action of his makes you paranoid about you not "being good enough" including this language thing ?

He can say whatever he wants and promise you the sun and the moon but talk is cheap and only action speaks. So only time will tell. Based on your feelings and life experience, make some calculated risks and then take a leap of faith. If things doesn't go well, then put it down to a learning experience.

I am thinking of learning the language but picking up a foreign language isn't easy.
    If learning a foreign language can help someone solve their insecurity issues - then all shink and psychiatrist will be out of jobs. That is NOT the solution.

How to I feel better about myself?
    Before this question can be solved, you should be asking what is it that is making you feel so bad about yourself in this relationship.

When you can honestly answer it, you can then go about solving it to make yourself feel better.

Your insecurity of dating this Indonesian guy is just a manifestation of the real issue. It is NOT the issue itself per se.

Leave a comment:

• yurigiri
    started a topic Dating a foreigner

Dating a foreigner

Hi I am dating an indonesian guy, there's no problem between us actually but i always feel like a outcast whenever he speaks with his indonesian friends.

I do understand it that they are most comfortable in their language and they would try speak english in front of me. But of course unknowingly they might switch back to their native language. I am exposed to this even at work and outside everyday. They are patriotic and proud of their language and even my dad reminds me how they would prefer to marry back their own people.

I feel so insecure and lowly about myself whenever they hangs out in a group of their own. Doesn't mean dating someone of that group means I am part of them. I don't want to hang out with his friends and i would prefer to be only with him. I am afraid he will go back one day for good even though he said he loves me.

I am thinking of learning the language but picking up a foreign language isn't easy.

How to I feel better about myself?
Working...
X