meeting your other half in a club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meeting your other half in a club

Would you date a guy you met in a club if he is very nice? How do u tell your friends when they ask where did I guys meet??

Hey darebe... I did met my ex in a club .. We just tell our frends we met there.. Eventhough he club, he still respect me as his gf ..however, all gd things come to and end n we go seperate ways after 1 yr..

Comment

Originally posted by darebe View Post
      Would you date a guy you met in a club if he is very nice? How do u tell your friends when they ask where did I guys meet??
      I do suppose when you mention dating, its perfectly fine. Get to know each other better, isnt that what dating is about The situation in which you meet your dating partner should not matter, though there are stereotypes and wet blankets all around that will go on forever about how guys that you find in clubs are 'trouble' . But well some people head to club for celebrations or once in a while to let their hair down. So if you ask me, tell your friends the truth, they are in little position to judge anyway.

Comment

I feel is ok to tell your friend that you know him from the club, after all, many go clubbing to know friends right?
        Does not mean those going to club are indecent, so dont worry.

Comment

Originally posted by VeraLam View Post
          I feel is ok to tell your friend that you know him from the club, after all, many go clubbing to know friends right?
          Does not mean those going to club are indecent, so dont worry.
          It's the easiest place to get to know more people, because seriously with the effects of alcohol suddenly everyone seems to be the friendliest person on earth . But well if you are talking about healthy relationships and genuine friendships, that might be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre- View Post
            It's the easiest place to get to know more people, because seriously with the effects of alcohol suddenly everyone seems to be the friendliest person on earth . But well if you are talking about healthy relationships and genuine friendships, that might be a different story.
            Might not be? My bro and his gf knew each other thru club 3 years ago, and they started off great and are still together now! they're even thinking of marriage! I think it's more of fate than meeting at where. ><

Comment

Originally posted by KeiraNeylene View Post
              Might not be? My bro and his gf knew each other thru club 3 years ago, and they started off great and are still together now! they're even thinking of marriage! I think it's more of fate than meeting at where. ><
              Yea that was why I added a 'might' in my sentence because there are indeed instances of happy-endings like in your bro and gf

Well to me online-dating, clubbing, those so called 'taboo' places which generate a lot of interest when it's being brought up, I think its rather silly to stereotype them. These are all just a different venue or mode of getting to know people, and just because one gets acquainted in the office or museum does not make it a healthier relationship

Comment

Thanks for your response guys! I guess I was one of those stereotypes that Now that I am in that position, I feel like I am gonna get judged

Comment

Originally posted by Andre- View Post
                  Well to me online-dating, clubbing, those so called 'taboo' places which generate a lot of interest when it's being brought up, I think its rather silly to stereotype them. These are all just a different venue or mode of getting to know people, and just because one gets acquainted in the office or museum does not make it a healthier relationship
                  Ditto Andre ! Given that our lifestyle has evolved, these so called "taboo" dating venues and methods are just simply moving with the times. If anything, I think they are doing a good job of staying relevant to the society and the way we conduct our lives. Of course you get the occasional creeps here and there.... but there are plenty of creeps offline and outside of clubs too. It's all just down to using some commonsense to suss out the bad chaff.
                  Last edited by Borgen-breeze; 17-08-2012, 01:28 PM.

Comment

I'm dating a guy whom i met in the club Well, it was embarrassing whenever friends were asking but we are like peas and carrot. which is a good thing! We've been dating for 2 years now and i guess it is all depending whether you met the right guy or you haven't. good luck!

Comment

Hey elozabethkatio, since u met your bf in a club, do u guys still go club tgt?

Comment

I know of afew friends who got to know their present husband in a club and it has been so many donkey years, they are still so loving and faithful to one another. Not all girls or guys who club are bad, though there are some minority out there who are just out to look for one night stand. Well, there are surely good ones around and if you are fated to meet and be together in future, just proudly tell everyone that you met each other in a club.

Comment

hi darebe, we hardly do that anymore as we are not young haha! first few months YES, but we retired

Comment

If both are the same type who love clubbing why not

Comment

After you enter a relationship with a guy you met at a club, usually the guy will feel weighed down cause everytime he go clubbing he will have to bring you around. If you dont follow him, you feel insecure. This usually ends up in quarrels and in the end breakups. Never a good idea to date a guy who clubs more than you, but hey there are exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                              X