Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Is it claimable?

Hi to all,
    I'm sure some of you have insurance (medical or hospitalization insurance) bought by your parents.

What happens if they did without fully declaring your health conditions (for example you have had some surgery done before) and you are admitted to hospitals say for other cause like accident, will the insurance companies refuse to pay up because the declarations are not complete?

Any one of you had these kinda experience before?

Originally posted by lilstar... View Post
    Hi to all,
    I'm sure some of you have insurance (medical or hospitalization insurance) bought by your parents.

What happens if they did without fully declaring your health conditions (for example you have had some surgery done before) and you are admitted to hospitals say for other cause like accident, will the insurance companies refuse to pay up because the declarations are not complete?

Any one of you had these kinda experience before?
    Health Insurance is a contract of good faith. You as a Proposer propose to the Insurer your intention of getting insured. The Insurer then underwrites your case based on what you have delcared. The Insurer can either accept or decline your Proposal or give your a counter offer. After which, The Proposal is only in force when you 1. Pay your premiums 2. Full declaration of your health status.

I find it wierd that Insurance questions are being raised here, are you not serviced by an agent? He or she should know best how this all works out.

But anyhow, base on your scenario, your Insurer can either 1. refuse to make payments and void the contract 2. Close one eye, pay for your hospitalization and do a conditional acceptance.

There is no point in partial declaration or hiding your health status. All hospitals in Singapore share the same network and ANY of your past records can be digged out by the Insurer.

Comment

Working...
    X