Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Korea

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Korea

    Shopping, shopping, shopping. Either you get extremely high quality fake bags or watches. Wear a IWC or Franck Muller and let your friends think you struck 4D.

    Otherwise, children clothes are really cool and it comes in matching Mum's, Dad's and kid's designs ! At any rate, local brands are generally cheaper but good quality. Yeah, Mango quality half priced.

    Pig out at all those little hawker stores on the streets, I notice they marinate beef with 7UP. Very interesting tenderliser and also a fruitty sweetness.

    Checkout the Lotte amusement park. Get strapped on a chair and be taken up 22 stories and then go on free fall. Teow Lau feeling. Shiok man.
    Last edited by nicole; 24-01-2004, 02:18 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Dimples
    You said it for me, gingerbread. That's one of the reasons why I enjoy my trips to Korea. Double miles.
    Hmmm ... double miles... are you on UA Premier Executive program? Anyway, do try the aloe vera drink in Korea. It comes in a green bottle and it's incredibly yummy.

    Anyway, back to KP. I find myself reaching for 147 almost everyday now for a subtle almost smoky eyed look. The middle greenish shade in the double eyelid area and the dark shade to line my eyelashes very thinly. It barely looks like I'm wearing anything and yet there's definitely a difference.

    Have 149 and 148 too but have yet to use them.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by gingerbread
      Hmmm ... double miles... are you on UA Premier Executive program? Anyway, do try the aloe vera drink in Korea. It comes in a green bottle and it's incredibly yummy.
      Gotta agree on this green bottle aloe vera drink! it's the yummiest I have ever had

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi,

        Does anyone knows what is the prices of Laneige, etude or VoV in Korea?

        Makeup Products such as their eyeshadows, lipsticks, foundation and blusher?

        Skincare products such as Laneige's water sleeping pack, wash off pack, turn&turn essence etc?

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi ,

          Hows the KP price like in Korean?Cheaper ?
          Can we easily spot them in their department store?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sista
            Hi ,

            Hows the KP price like in Korean?Cheaper ?
            Can we easily spot them in their department store?
            The price is similar to Singapore. Not much difference if I can remember clearly. And yes KP can be found easily at the departmental stores.

            Fornight, brands like Etude and Laneigh could be slightly cheaper at their drugstores, probably not much but the selection is very much wider.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sista

              Can we easily spot them in their department store?
              Yes, they are in large shopping centres but the one I went to is not even noticeable. KP is one of the brands they sell at that shop and my colleague had to call the shop more than 3 times to find their exact location. :sotong:

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi everyone..

                Anyone any idea where else is a good shopping place in Seoul? I will be going there to Mt Sorak for a ski trip and shopping at Seoul at end Dec....

                Cant wait to be there...

                Comment


                • #9
                  i Mt Sorak! Went there last year.. The view's gorgeous

                  I went to Dong-da-men and Nan-da-men.. They are more like road-side stores actually but there are shopping centres around..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tiana_girl
                    Hi everyone..

                    Anyone any idea where else is a good shopping place in Seoul? I will be going there to Mt Sorak for a ski trip and shopping at Seoul at end Dec....

                    Cant wait to be there...
                    hi tiana_girl, im heading there in dec too..my girlfriend will pass me the best shopping in seoul.. will let u knw once i have them..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by qiu
                      i Mt Sorak! Went there last year.. The view's gorgeous

                      I went to Dong-da-men and Nan-da-men.. They are more like road-side stores actually but there are shopping centres around..
                      :wave: qiu,
                      u went last dec too? did you do a lot of shopping?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi qiu,

                        wanted to know what you bought over there as well.. u know girls just love shopping.. and which ski resort are you went.. and which agency - is it good? I intend to take up ctc package -have did a comparision - i think their itinerary is one of the best.. next to consider is Ananda

                        Hello coolcitrusbasil..

                        Thanks for being a sweetie on the shopping places at Seoul - btw, which date are you heading... me pondering between Dec 29 or Jan 2.. which agency package did you take and how much??


                        love
                        tiana

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          coolcitrusbasil: Yup i went last dec.. I didn't do much shopping bc they sold mainly winter clothes

                          tiana_girl: i went to the winter sonato ski resort.. Can't remeber the name of that resort anymore..

                          I went with Ananda.. But the tour guide was horrible!!! :piss: However, the prices are much lower i think..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tiana_girl
                            Hello coolcitrusbasil..

                            Thanks for being a sweetie on the shopping places at Seoul - btw, which date are you heading... me pondering between Dec 29 or Jan 2.. which agency package did you take and how much??

                            love
                            tiana
                            no prob tiana..so u have nt book urs right? after comparing, we decided on ctc being the most comprehensive 1, full board..
                            took up the 8 days tour and on xmas day will be at the ski resort hey y nt u join me there heehee :p

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by qiu
                              coolcitrusbasil: Yup i went last dec.. I didn't do much shopping bc they sold mainly winter clothes

                              tiana_girl: i went to the winter sonato ski resort.. Can't remeber the name of that resort anymore..

                              I went with Ananda.. But the tour guide was horrible!!! :piss: However, the prices are much lower i think..
                              agree, will be mostly winter clothings... not suitable for our weather.. how was the weather there? was told it will be freezing cold during xmas period.. guess i wont be doing much shopping 2.. esp the ginseng, will give that a miss.

                              my service encounters with ananda had always been *shake head* :sotong:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X