Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

France > Paris

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • France > Paris

    Any must get brands from France or that are cheaper than sg? cos someone is helping me to get some over there

    Could only think of Dior (more of of its diorsnow skincare range), Lancome, and Clarins......as I can test them here first.

  • #2
    i think T. Leclerc is cheaper

    Comment


    • #3
      Though certain things are supposed to be cheaper in Paris than Singapore, have to note the unfavourable exchange rate. IIRC, T Le Clerce is cheaper but things like Biotherm that are made there are not necessarily cheaper after factoring in the exchange rate.

      Another way is to list the things you want for your friend, at the same time note down what are the prices like in singapore so that your friend can gudge whether to get them for you or not

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Vonnie
        Though certain things are supposed to be cheaper in Paris than Singapore, have to note the unfavourable exchange rate. IIRC, T Le Clerce is cheaper but things like Biotherm that are made there are not necessarily cheaper after factoring in the exchange rate.

        Another way is to list the things you want for your friend, at the same time note down what are the prices like in singapore so that your friend can gudge whether to get them for you or not
        I second everything Vonnie said. Now exchange rates is very unfavourably against us. Anything is mostly more expensive than here. Except perhaps drugstore items like Nuxe. Otherwise, I think you will have better luck buying them in Singapore.

        And yes, I also think Vonnie's suggestion of checking the prices here in Singapore and let your friend compare to be very good.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the advice
          Maybe I'll get bags and other stuff from there instead.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hello,

            Hope this doesn't come in too late.

            I'm studying in Paris and basically cosmetic shopping is Singapore is way better (at least to me) in terms of prices. It is true that products made here are not necessarily cheaper. As an example, Lancome's JT in their Duty free is about the same price as S'pore dept store prices so you can imagine downtown prices.

            FOrget about getting American brands here cos it isn't worthwhile either. The best place for cost effective shopping would be Singapore duty free

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks. Have decided on a Longchamp bag instead. :wheee:

              Comment


              • #8
                popsicle -> You are in Paris now? Any idea how shipping and freight would be?

                latte-> Don't forget to visit LV as well!

                Comment


                • #9
                  T. LeClerc is definitely cheaper. as well as LV. do be careful of asian tourists who ask you to help them buy LV bags. there are groups of them outside the LV store and they will ask you to buy for them on their behalf using your passport. just utter a firm no and walk away.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Mich, I remembered encountering them also. I didn't buy for them. But just curious, why do they need others to help them buy? :huh:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Vonnie
                      Mich, I remembered encountering them also. I didn't buy for them. But just curious, why do they need others to help them buy? :huh:
                      Because one passport is limited to 2 LV bags. This rule is not really true for genuine buyers though. If you're totally genuine about shopping in LV, and you ask nicely, the SAs may allow you to buy more.
                      Last edited by kare2711; 21-08-2003, 11:21 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I see.... Thanks for your explanation

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kare2711
                          Because one passport is limited to 2 LV bags. This rule is not really true for genuine buyers though. If you're totally genuine about shopping in LV, and you ask nicely, the SAs may allow you to buy more.
                          Thanks for the explanation. Any other things that I have to watch out?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kare2711
                            Because one passport is limited to 2 LV bags. This rule is not really true for genuine buyers though. If you're totally genuine about shopping in LV, and you ask nicely, the SAs may allow you to buy more.
                            thanks for the explanation karen. i did ask the SA about the groupies and she mentioned that is a restriction on the number of bags one can buy. but she didn't say how many. but yeah, like you said, genuine buyers can defnitely exceed the 2 bags quota.

                            queenie, also do look out for pickpockets on the trains. they work really fast and you'll be surprised that they are actually kids at work. it's best not to carry a harversack. always make sure your bag is in front of you.a pouch would be best. having your bag by your side might not be safe too. they are so fast. we were nearly pickpocketed once but a helpful french guy was quick enough to chase them away. whew.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by michannat
                              queenie, also do look out for pickpockets on the trains. they work really fast and you'll be surprised that they are actually kids at work. it's best not to carry a harversack. always make sure your bag is in front of you.a pouch would be best. having your bag by your side might not be safe too. they are so fast. we were nearly pickpocketed once but a helpful french guy was quick enough to chase them away. whew.
                              Just have to add on to that, other than on the trains, do keep your bags in front of you even when you are walking on the streets. I felt uneasy when I saw a teenage boy passing eye signal to another friend along a street I was on. When I went into a cafe to grab a sandwich, the very kind guy behind the counter told me to becareful of those two boys (they waited outside the shop) cos they are pickpockets.

                              And yup, hold on to your bags in the train, had a young girl trying to reach for my bag (which was held in front of me). Her hand was "hidden" under her shawl!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X