Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia > Brisbane & GoldCoast

Hi Girls,

I am going GC this Oct, has anyone of you been there before? Any recommendations on where to go besides the theme parks?
    Let me know!!

It is going to be a self-drive holiday..

TIA

Enjoy your trip, cookiemonster. I went to Goldcoast and stayed long enough only to visit the theme parks and going to surfers' paradise.

You can probably get more ideas on other attractions over here :

Gold Coast

Comment

I stayed in Gold Coast for 2yrs so here's my $0.02

Harbourtown Outlet Shopping Centre - there's City Beach that stocks all surfing/skate brand, David Jones, CK Lingerie, Oroton, Ralph Lauren, Esprit and etc. Around 20-30 minutes drive from Surfers Paradise.

Pacific Fair Broadbeach - 10 minutes drive. Queensland Largest Shopping Centre..Outdoor and Indoor.

Broadbeach Mall - they have Magical Lantern Market and 100 years old carousel on Friday Nights from Sept - May. Great arts and crafts market great bargain too. They do have larger arts and crafts market on the first and third sundays of the month.

Marina Mirage, Seaworld Drive Main Beach - 10 minutes drive from Surfers. You will pass Palazzo Versace Hotel and it's located between the hotel and Seaworld..It's fantastic mall especially for art lovers. They have very fine art galleries also international designer boutiques - Hermes, LV & etc.

Southport - there's Australia Fair Mall and few direct factory outlet but if you do go to Harbourtown, you dont need to go to the outlet at Southport..

Carrara Market - every weekend.

If you're driving, you can drive to Brisbane too. It's 45-60minutes drive from Gold Coast.

For Gold Coast, the late night shopping is on Thursday till 9pm and Brisbane's on Friday till 9pm.

If you like to watch cabaret show, try Dracula's Cabaret Restaurant, but make sure you make a booking before you go there. Conrad Jupiters offer 24 hour dining and they do have musical performance too..same thing, you need to make a booking for the shows.

Oct is a great month to be in Gold Coast. It's INDY CARNIVAL!! International Motor Sports event It's on the Sufers Paradise Street Circuit.

Accomodation. If you like easy access you can try the new hotel in the middle of Surfers Paradise - The Towers of Chevron Renaissance. My dad's favourite hotel!! It's in the middle of chevron mall..property features Poolside BBQ area, Gym, Theatrett, Pools (2 heated outdoor and 25 metre heated indoorlap pool), spa, sauna and relaxations area. There's lot of cafes, fashion boutique and speciality stores along the chevron piazza.

Tour:

Adventure Duck - Appx 1 hour tour. They'll bring you around Gold Coast main attractions and then cruising the Gold Coast waterways on the Adventure Duck Bus/Boat. Cost around $29 per person.

Sailing Adventure to Couran Cove - 1 day trip. You have your breakie and afternoon tea on the vessel, Lunch at Couran Cove, Rainforest walk tour, train tour to Stradbroke Island and you can also try paraflying and jetskiing.

Anymore questions, just ask

Comment

Hi cookiemonster, how many days do you intend to spend in GC? Because theme parks like movieworld takes me 1 whole day from 10-5pm and i didn't even finish all the shows. And if you are going to all the theme park, it'll at least take about 2-3 days.

If you have the time, you may wanna go whale watching at Hervey Bay because its the whale season now. There's also a strawberry farm near GC, if you are interested, you may wanna go pluck strawberries. I think it'll costs only about AU$7-8 for a KG. HTHs

Comment

Originally posted by Dimples
          Enjoy your trip, cookiemonster. I went to Goldcoast and stayed long enough only to visit the theme parks and going to surfers' paradise.

You can probably get more ideas on other attractions over here :

Gold Coast
          Thanks!! it helps me in planning the itinerary..

Comment

Originally posted by jepunnye
            I stayed in Gold Coast for 2yrs so here's my $0.02

Harbourtown Outlet Shopping Centre - there's City Beach that stocks all surfing/skate brand, David Jones, CK Lingerie, Oroton, Ralph Lauren, Esprit and etc. Around 20-30 minutes drive from Surfers Paradise.

Pacific Fair Broadbeach - 10 minutes drive. Queensland Largest Shopping Centre..Outdoor and Indoor.

Broadbeach Mall - they have Magical Lantern Market and 100 years old carousel on Friday Nights from Sept - May. Great arts and crafts market great bargain too. They do have larger arts and crafts market on the first and third sundays of the month.

Marina Mirage, Seaworld Drive Main Beach - 10 minutes drive from Surfers. You will pass Palazzo Versace Hotel and it's located between the hotel and Seaworld..It's fantastic mall especially for art lovers. They have very fine art galleries also international designer boutiques - Hermes, LV & etc.

Southport - there's Australia Fair Mall and few direct factory outlet but if you do go to Harbourtown, you dont need to go to the outlet at Southport..

Carrara Market - every weekend.

If you're driving, you can drive to Brisbane too. It's 45-60minutes drive from Gold Coast.

For Gold Coast, the late night shopping is on Thursday till 9pm and Brisbane's on Friday till 9pm.

If you like to watch cabaret show, try Dracula's Cabaret Restaurant, but make sure you make a booking before you go there. Conrad Jupiters offer 24 hour dining and they do have musical performance too..same thing, you need to make a booking for the shows.

Oct is a great month to be in Gold Coast. It's INDY CARNIVAL!! International Motor Sports event It's on the Sufers Paradise Street Circuit.

Accomodation. If you like easy access you can try the new hotel in the middle of Surfers Paradise - The Towers of Chevron Renaissance. My dad's favourite hotel!! It's in the middle of chevron mall..property features Poolside BBQ area, Gym, Theatrett, Pools (2 heated outdoor and 25 metre heated indoorlap pool), spa, sauna and relaxations area. There's lot of cafes, fashion boutique and speciality stores along the chevron piazza.

Tour:

Adventure Duck - Appx 1 hour tour. They'll bring you around Gold Coast main attractions and then cruising the Gold Coast waterways on the Adventure Duck Bus/Boat. Cost around $29 per person.

Sailing Adventure to Couran Cove - 1 day trip. You have your breakie and afternoon tea on the vessel, Lunch at Couran Cove, Rainforest walk tour, train tour to Stradbroke Island and you can also try paraflying and jetskiing.

Anymore questions, just ask

Wow... thats very helpful tips.. thank you so much... was wondering if its easy to drive there? cos i dun really have a detailed map..

Comment

Originally posted by esabelle
              Hi cookiemonster, how many days do you intend to spend in GC? Because theme parks like movieworld takes me 1 whole day from 10-5pm and i didn't even finish all the shows. And if you are going to all the theme park, it'll at least take about 2-3 days.

If you have the time, you may wanna go whale watching at Hervey Bay because its the whale season now. There's also a strawberry farm near GC, if you are interested, you may wanna go pluck strawberries. I think it'll costs only about AU$7-8 for a KG. HTHs
              I was be staying there for 8 days..watching the whales at moreton.. ;p good idea?
              Last edited by cookiemonster; 12-09-2003, 10:40 AM.

Comment

hi there..dont you worry..driving in Gold Coast is fairly easy you can get the map from Information centre at Brisbane Airport or the rental car company.

Tangalooma is having promotion with one agency here for whale watching seasons. Cost you $78 per person for 2 days 1 night accomodation twin share, return ferry from Brisbane to Tangalooma and whale watching/feed dolphin activities.

You can also drive to Byron Bay if you like beaches. They have surfing course there so if you want to learn surfing you can join their 1-2 days course I go to Byron Bay once a month for surfing and fresh air I luv the beaches in Byron Bay.

Comment

hi Jepunnye, thanks for the info.. you are really fast man... hee but i have already book a day tour with Australian day tour to whale watch at moreton.. ooh.. i heard abt the beaches at byron bay too.. shall hit that place.. how abt spring brook? nice??

Comment

i suggest u buy the 8 days for this week, cos they've attached a special Gold coast edition with Fann wong showing off all the nice places in gold coast... it really looks amazingly beautiful! shows all the good places to shop, eat and just relax! Hope u have a nice trip!

Comment

Jepunnye has done a very good summary... u can also consider going for a "Glow Worm" Tour... quite interesting.

I really enjoyed my visit to Gold Coast, have lots of fun there!

Comment

Pixash> This weeks 8 days is featuring who ? JIC i bought the wrong one.. Hee Thks lots

Ann> Thks will note it down..

Comment

Not Pixash, but i think she said Fann Wong.

Comment

try travelling inland to Tambourine Mountain. lovely views and it makes a nice peaceful change from the hustle and hectic Gold Coast.

Comment

Hiya all ,
                              will be going to GC early next year. Any recommendation for a good n affordable apartment?

Comment

Working...
                              X