Indonesia > Jakarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indonesia > Jakarta

Will be going there next week or so. Is there any place that you must go, food that you must eat, things that you must buy there?? TIA. I thought of reperming my hair there, any recommendations?

Originally posted by FruitFreak
    yes.. women's secret are pretty arent they.. they often gave 20% discount

Batik? If you want good & expensive one, then you should go to Danar Hadi is the best & luxurious batik here. do you often come to jakarta? lmk when you're here, maybe I can tell you a good shoping spot.. :D
    Yes, they were having a discount at that time too. I forgot where is the shopping centre. It is in one of those suburban areas with breadtalk and my, there is a long queue for breadtalk!

I dont think I will be going so soon as this time I went with my colleagues on a business trip.

We stayed at Ancol in one of the hotels in the Amusement park. Convenience is an extravagance we never had cos we do not have transport and the jam is terrible!!

From Manga Dua to our hotel back is around 0.5km/hr

I only managed to get some stuff from Batik Keris(I think??)

Comment

I think you went to Kelapa Gading Mall.. yes, I dont know why people here are so crazy queing for bread talk I know in Sg there arent any que at all, that's why I only eat the fire floss in SG

okay.. here's some tips

you already know mangga dua, arent you.. yup it's a fake designer bag heaven :roll: if you go to ITC mangga dua, go to level 4, where some cute fashion located.

for branded things, you should go to Plaza Senayan, its where Gucci, Prada, Fendi and such located.

if you want to buy some Bath & body works splash/lotion, Victoria Secret splash/lotion then you should go to a store called B18. it's located in Pondok Indah Mall & Senayan Trade Centre (STC is side by side with Plaza Senayan).

For Batik, try Danar Hadi on Jalan Melawai Raya.. The store is huge & they have good quality Batik...

for a place to eat, is there anything you'd like to try in particular?

Comment

Yup, yup! Thats the one Went there cos it is near my colleague's home (She's an indonesian chinese but she don't go shopping in Indonesia much.)

I didn't know I can get BBW and VS there!! Now I regret not asking you earlier...... But I can ask my friend to buy them back for me when she goes back for CNY I really love Gosh shoes too! Bought 2 pairs of red ballet slippers-inspired shoes there and a terry bag I want more!!

I don't think I would want to try padang again. Think I got a mild case of stomach upset there?

I have tried Chinese food at the new China town, the basok(meatballs?) noodles I have also tried What else is good??

BTW, is taking cabs safe in Jakarta??

Comment

Hi Teiko,
          Make sure you get a bluebird or silverbird taxi (but silverbird meter is more expencive than any other regular taxis) if you can, they are safer I think.
          Where do you mean the new China Town did you go?
          Me and 2 other CC girls are live in and around Kelapa Gading too!!! You can find lots of good food there, not just at the mall but all around Kelapa Gading. You can try sea food, chinese food, korean, thai, japanese, indonesian/ traditional food, you can find everything, it's heaven for food lovers! And most of them aren't expensive.
          That'sright, for knock offs you can go to Mangga Dua and bargaining till drop. What else are you looking for?
          You can find Gosh and Batik stores at KG Mall. But why do Bread Talk here dont have the yummy bread with pork sausages and abon like in SG ya
          Have fun and enjoy your trip in Jakarta!

Comment

Oh and one more place to go, Taman Anggrek Mall in west jakarta, you have to go there!!!

Comment

Surabaya????

hi girls,

How about Surabaya?? Anything to buy from this place? Any recommendations also? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Heard from my pal that manicure and pedicure is extremely cheap there.
                Like SGD$5.00 or so
                Gosh...then i would probable be a regular customer there throughout my stay and i will be repainting my nails everyday if i am goin over

the only thing is that she doesnt know where it is located cos her indo BF brings her there.

Comment

Eeeks! $5? So cheap!

Comment

yup.. you got it right..

there's a salon here named Johnny Andrean.. manicure is only Rp.25.000 (equal to SG$5), pedicure is rp.35.000 (SG$7).. hair spa + blow drying only Rp.50.000 (SG$10).. Twice a month I always got full treatment for cheap price.. hahaha..

there's always one johnny andrean salon in every mall in jakarta, so you'll have no problem finding it.. :D

surabaya, go to Tunjungan Plaza.. I think that's the best mall.. I dont know if there's another place like it in surabaya

Comment

Heard from her the only drawback is that the language. She apparently needs her BF to be her transalator there. :roll:

hehe... wow..u are one lucky babe..frequently get to pamper yourself without having to spend a bomb.

Comment

yup.. you got it right..

there's a salon here named Johnny Andrean.. manicure is only Rp.25.000 (equal to SG$5), pedicure is rp.35.000 (SG$7).. hair spa + blow drying only Rp.50.000 (SG$10).. Twice a month I always got full treatment for cheap price.. hahaha..

there's always one johnny andrean salon in every mall in jakarta, so you'll have no problem finding it.. :D

surabaya, go to Tunjungan Plaza.. I think that's the best mall.. I dont know if there's another place like it in surabaya
                        Thank you Fruitfreak. My mum went there afew times and she says there're not many things to shop for in Surabaya. But your recommendation to Tunjungan Plaza makes me excited now!

Comment

Is this the one together with the salon?? Saw it in Megamal(?) but did not have time to go in. ALOT of people!

Comment

yes, I think so they have their salon in every mall (sometimes there're even 2 of them at 1 mall :roll: .. If you want to go there you should avoid weekend (sat o& sun), coz many people go there to pamper them self..

Yeah, I know.. Language is a problem.. Because of English is not our mother tongue, so there're still many people in Indonesia cant speak english, tho it's one of the school subject

Comment

Is there any mani/pedicure and spa services in Jakarta? I'd be staying in some hotel in town. Would be there for abt 5 days. Any recommendations on what to do there?

Btw, is there Kesalan Patharan counter there? Which cosmetic brand is cheaper than Singapore?

Comment

Working...
                              X