Malaysia > Tioman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysia > Tioman

For those cotters who had been to tioman before.......may i know how do you get there ? Any recs for hotel or any interesting things to do there ?
    Thanks heaps!

i believe the berjaya resort is the only place you can stay in tioman

Comment

Hi Mint

I went to Tioman two years back by sea. It took me 3.5 hour. Good thing I didn't :puke: but it was tiring. By air, it's only 40 mins.

I stayed at Berjaya Tioman Beach, Golf & Spa Resort

Comment

once in 1991 and another in 1993. both times stayed at those stilt houses. its toilet left a deep impression on me, it didn't even come with hot shower, the shower water was icing cold.

and the trip in 1993, my fren's fren organised it and it was really a steal, but only to realise, we are taking a bumboat all the way from Mersing to Tioman Island, not the ferry! I thot our boat might capzise halfway .

Comment

I went last June, stayed at Berjaya, not bad. The journey was 4 hours via sea, is still acceptable trip, not that tiring to me.

Interesting things to do, is probably just relax and do some sea sports there

Comment

I just got to know that i can get there via sea from tenah merah ferry terminal, anyone knows what's the cost of the ferry fares ? Is there any advance booking needed for the ferry ?
            Thanks and Happy CNY! :red:

Comment

I usually go there for diving.

For RnR where you want some place nice and comfortable, I believe Berjaya is the only decent place to stay in. Unless you are willing to stay at the kampungs.

You can get there from Mersing as well. About 1+ to 2 hrs.

Comment

Does anyone have any idea how to get from sg to Mersing? If by coach/bus, where to take & *** timing is the bus departing? Any tel number that i can call to find out more. TIA

Comment

Doraemon, these 3 tour agencies offers transport to tioman by coach & ferry:

www.discoverytours.com.sg
                  www.fivestarsonline.com
                  www.fascinating.com.sg

Comment

Hi Mint, Thanks a lot!

Comment

Hey gals,can I just check how much you gals paid for a Tioman 3 days 2 nights trip by direct ferry?

N did you gals visit any of the surrounding islands?How was the food there?

Comment

hi gals, if you can only choose one, will it be Tioman or Bintan? and which resort is of average to slightly above average in terms of comfortability, facilities and pricing?

truth be told, i don't have any idea about these 2 places and need help. thanks

btw, any travel agencies to recommend?

Comment

How to get from the jetty at Tioman to Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort ? Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by doraemon
                            How to get from the jetty at Tioman to Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort ? Thanks!!
                            Hi doraemon,I just came back from Tioman Berjaya. Anyway Berjaya provides free shuttle bus services to and fro the jetty daily. Its a small immigration hall and once you get out of it, there will be people to direct you.

Comment

Thanks alot for the info!! I will be going there on *** sunday! Sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X