Eastern Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Europe

i'm planning a trip to Eastern Europe such as Prague, Berlin and Budapest. Any tips or suggestions?

Would a tour group be better? any good ones to recommend?

thanks!

You can check out Scenic Travel for Cosmos Tour. Me and my friend intend to go Eastern Europe last year by Cosmos Tour but it was cancelled as my friend got pregnant

Comment

Cosmos? i was looking at globus actually! thanks for the tip..looking now!

Comment

All About Prague

aLL ABOUT EASTERN EUROPE AND PRAGUE... I JUST CAN'T FORGET THE SCENIC VIEW AT CHARLES BRIDGE DURING WINTER... ITS A FEELIng WHICH CAN'T BE EXPLAIN but have to experience yourself...

Comment

I heard Prague is really good and scenic and Eastern Europe is where you can find unique cheap items.

Comment

Prague and Budapest are great!! And meals and dorm are much more affordable in E.Europe then W. Europe.

I went on a budget backpack trip, if you are going during off season (June to Aug is peak) maybe you can backpack also since finding accomdation is not as hard. Travlling by trains are quite accessible to everywhere =)

Comment

Cosmos

I joined the Cosmos tours to eastern europe in last month. Globus has the same itinerary as Cosmos but with better accomodation in more central areas.
              The tour was fairly well organised but very rushed with plenty of time on the coach travelling from borders etc. It does not include a lot of optional side tours which gives you a fair bit of freedom. Would suggest going free and easy as the public tspt in these countries are fairly easy to use.
              Prague is quite touristy now though it is still breathtaking
              My fav is Salzburg enjoy your trip?

Comment

My favourite is Austria too!! Did you visit Innsbruck? It is very very nice!! It is the closest city nearest to Alphs so every morning you can see Alphs across your room if you stay in the right place. Also we paid Eur $15 and we get B & B with very good service compared to Italy, $35 for a dorm bed. :roll:

Comment

i am going to berlin, prague and budapest in may.
                  no time to book accoms so we are thinking of doing walk ins there.
                  Do you think its viable aka are there enough hostels to go around, to accomodate 3 people doing walk ins?

Comment

I think you can still try booking your accomdation to get better rates because you can compare rates.
                    At the major train stations itself will have apeople offering rooms as well but i dont know how reliable these are and they will usually charge more if you walk in. But may is still not super-peak so you still have a chance to find a good dorm i hope.

Comment

linggy: thanks! yeah- i just heard that there are people offering rooms at the train stations. So I guess we are probably gonna try out the budget hostels first and worse come to worse, look for those people. My friends managed to hook up a mansion in Eastern Europe through the train station people- 50pounds per night for 8 people! Woah.

Comment

If you book it is better also because you can choose smaller rooms and all females. Last june, I also travlled with 2 other gfs, we booked dorms for 4 or 5 or 6 females and we ended getting some of the room all to ourselves (charged for 3 beds only!)

It sucks staying with boys especially rowdy American guys, they are very noisy and bang in and out of the dorm...*headache*

I been to Prague...nice place =)

Comment

hahah not too worried cos going with the bf and a male friend this time. Shld be safer with 2 guys around. Just a tad worried about the gyspy kids I heard about who will swarm towards you to try to rob you. Did you see anything like that in Prague and other parts of e.europe?

Comment

I saw that in France...luckily there were alot rich looking chinese tourists around so they didnt target me and my gfs.
                            Seem like they have the notion of chineses bringing alot cash out so they are target-ting us?
                            I didnt stay out in Prague and Italy so I am not sure how the safety is like at night but daytime it is pretty normal. Only been to Prague for e.europe =) Maybe going budapest of have time this July because I will be going Holland =) Cant Wait!!

Comment

linggy sounds like you've been to most parts of Europe!! Need some advise from you - I'll be spending 4 days in Austria (flying in to Salzburg from London) how long should I spend in Salzburg? Have you been to the Danube Valley? Anything nice?? Oh! And there'd been raves about the Sound of Music tour - is that any good??

Comment

Working...
                              X