Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany

Hi cotters,
    I'll be flying over to Germany in mid july soon for 6mths training, staying in a city of Frankfurt. Any rants or raves about Germany? Pls advise!

German beer and the sausages!! I was in Belgium some time back and the chocolates were great.

Comment

I am now in Germany myself already. Been here for 2 months already. I'm starting to love Germany! Fresh beer, good red & white wine and German sausages! YUMMY. The alcohol here are very cheap! Less than SGD$10 can get you a good wine already!

Comment

October fest should be approaching soon. Get drunk.

Tschuess

Comment

I think you can get brekenstock cheaper over there, than in Singapore
          Cheers, enjoy ur beer and sausages !!

Comment

Yes yes, the birkenstock only costs an average of SGD$60 per pair for the latest design. Definetely will buy one back =)

I'm going to miss the Oktoberfest though. Can't get accomodation. Its starting this weekend! Anyway, the beer are 3-4times more expensive during the Oktoberfest in the beer gardens of Munich. And it gets very rowdy when people are drunk. I prefer winefestival here =)

Comment

Germany

Hi, I'll be going to Germany for 6 weeks coming this Saturday while my SO will be staying there for 4 months. I'd like to know what will be the cheapest way to call home with our M1 lines or calling cards we purchase from SG? Also, when I return to SG, I will be purchasing Calling cards to call him but will he be charged expensive air time rate? Thanks!

Comment

no matter what you use to call him so long as it is his singapore line roaming, it will be charged as IDD (meaning very very expensive). If i didnt remember wrongly, you can go to M1 website to check how much per minute or sms the phone company charge, the price varies from different operator in Germany (you can do manual tuning of your operator). =) I think per sms was S$0.50.

I will be going Germany again too...1st Aug =) Berlin and Dresden!

Comment

thanks linggy! yes i checked the m1 website but there are so many rates to be included. i found the IDD rate to be $0.95/min, the incoming to germany is supposedly free? but i can't find the additional surcharge for the germany operators. hm would it be cheaper then to call direct to his hotel? silly question i have - can he use the calling card with the hotel phone? thanks in advance!

oh yes, another question regarding customs at frankfurt. can we bring in food items like instant noodles etc because the company allowance he gets daily is pretty pathetic, so we're hoping to save some money? i went to the frankfurt airport website but they didn't state anything about food items, only coffee, tobacco and alcohol.

Comment

I bought cup noodles into London without any problem...haha finished them before i got to Germany but i think it shouldnt be a problem. =)

Calling from hotel with a calling card will depends how much the hotel will charge (domestic calls charges)?
                    You call directly to his hotel with a calling card should be cheaper if the hotel line is domestic but make sure the transferring of line to his hotel room do not incur surcharge as well?
                    HTH (haha not helping alot also because i sent SMS instead of calling).

Comment

hi, anything there cheaper than singapore that i must buy? will be there for 3 mths..

Comment

yes i figured that using calling card in the hotel will be cheaper. i bought a 5EUR calling card. the hotel doesnt charge domestic call charges so i get to call for free.

i saw birkies here in the town i'm in selling for 35euros about the price in GSO but there's tax here i think. will find out when i visit the shop. thanks

Comment

=) yah check out and let us know thanks!...I will be in berlin 1st and 2nd then to Dresden on 3rd to 5th! =)

Enjoy yourself!

Comment

is there any sales during aug - oct in germany?

Comment

somehow i find it so hard to find birkies in germany...i wonder why...i went to stuttgart the other day and only found birkies in a big department store but very limited designs, mostly plain floridas.

i went to the shop again in the town i'm in (bruchsal), and the shop assistant was kind enough to offer to help me order the pairs i want from the papillio and birkenstock series. the prices are 35.99 to be exact, about the same as GSO.

i'll be going over to frankfurt over the weekend, anyone knows where to find birkies? thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X