What to do at the airport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do at the airport?

I hope this doesnt sound too dumb. this is gonna be my very first trip abroad alone. I know there's this standard procedure of checking in at the airport. I had been issued an e-ticket. So does that mean I will have to check in at the specific airline counter first before proceeding to check in at the "gate"? And what do I do after that? Thanks a million in advance.!!

Hi diemantes!

Don't be worried about being uncertain. Just do what the person in front of you is doing. At the counter, the CS is usually very good and they would guide you through by asking questions etc. Don't need to feel shy or worried about not knowing the exact procedures.

Have a good trip!

Comment

oh thanks a million girls!! appreciate this lots. by the way, if say my flight's at 11am, what time do i have to get to the airport? thanks once again!

Comment

to be safe, get there about 2.5h beforehand.
        you never know if there's gonna be a queue to check in and it's safer to get in early esp since you're not too sure of what to do.

eh...you do know which terminal to go to right?

Comment

yup i know. heh thanks a mil.. will be going to terminal 1

Comment

2 to 2.5 hours is a good bet. do especially early if you have special requests like a particular seat. i like going early to beat the queue and then shop at DFS. take the sky train to T2 (within the departure lounge). shopping there is a wee bit better although the origins, stila and mac counters are bigger and nicer over at T1.

Comment

diamantes, a standard check in timing would be 2 hours before your flight time. what flight are you taking? Cathay Pacific? (Can't think of any airlines with e-ticketing at T1 except Cathay)

You can do an early check in, so that you do not have to go to the airport so early, and the best thing is your seat would be reserved.

Comment

That's easy! I always arrive about 2hrs before to get an aisle seat and also to use the free internet access; that is if I have time left after shopping at DFS

Comment

Hello girls, can i check whether i can go earlier than 2.5 hours to check in as i wanna go shopping at DFS.. or 2.5 hours before departure is the earliest? TIA..

Comment

different airlines open their counters for you to check in at different times. some 4 hours, some less. you could call your airline to check beforehand? hths.

Comment

Pardon me if I am wrong - Is it true that it's better to shop in DFS after we return from the trip at the Arrival Hall rather than at the Departure Hall? Is there a difference as to the price or tax?

Other than that I think would be the hassle to carry your stuff in the luggage, that's why not many people buy stuffs when they are at the Departure Hall.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Comment

you don't have to pay GST when you buy just before departing

Comment

departing is definitely cheaper than arriving period.
                          i think arrival still have 5% GST

Comment

does DFS carry lancome products as well?
                            and so, its better to shop before departure rather than arrival? TIA.

Comment

yes, they have lancome.

Comment

Working...
                              X