Do not buy tickets from cheaptickets.sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not buy tickets from cheaptickets.sg

Girls, do not ever book tickets from www.cheaptickets.sg!
    My boyfriend and I wanted to book a ticket online from sg to bali for later this month. We googled and found this website - that offers a good price for the tickets. So happily we book our tickets via cheaptickets. So when it comes to the payment page, we provided all our card info and we got this message.

It appears you are having problems completing the additional security measures required by your credit card provider. We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing. Please try your request in a few minutes.

So naturally we tried again. And again on my other credit card. Same message pop up.

And what happened next? I received an SMS from my standchart account that X amount (the cost of the air tickets!) had been charged!

I WAS HORRIFIED.

Because that might mean that the 2 other times I have tried using using my debit card has been charged as well. And when I called up my bank, they confirmed that the payment has been authorised.

So we quickly called up the cheaptickets hotline. We waited a good 30 minutes before someone attended to us. The reception was horrible, the teller's accent was horrible too btw.

After telling them what had happen, they took down our details and promise to get in touch with us the next day. So we waited till 3pm next day before giving them another call. James, the supervisor, told us that the fund will be refunded to us in the next 24 hours. Told the same thing to my bf when he call in later that day. The next day, still nothing. so i called in again, repeating the same story and the teller still have the cheek to tell me that they don't have my flight booking so there's nothing to cancel and nothing to refund.

IF THERE ISN'T ANY BOOKING THEN WHY IS MY PAYMENT BEING HELD??

I found out later on from out forums that I'm not the only one that kena this.

Seriously, booked this on a Sunday, 1st April 2012, my bf is now on the phone with them again. They told him that the person that talk to me, James, the supervisor, and everyone else we spoke to during this 3 days, did not leave any remark or instruction for our case.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL, FROM THEM.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Audrilious; 05-04-2012, 10:38 PM. Reason: typo

Hey when did you book the last time?
    Last edited by KylieChan; 14-05-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

hey

Hey I booked via them last week, I didn't face any particular issue like this. Did you try booking again?

Comment

Dear forum member. We have picked up on your feedback on issues resulting in purchasing on the CheapTickets.sg website and would like to provide an update. We were previously having some technical problems with our transaction process for some banks here in Singapore. Some transactions that were made by customers were showing as failed on the site but the link up with clearance of funds from the banks was not being completed. This was resulting in the banks holding the amount of money that was trying to be transacted on the site until CheapTickets.sg confirmed that the transaction was not completed and then the funds were released back to the customers card. In most cases this is an instant process but for some banks once it is confirmed with them that the transaction is void it can take up to a week to release the funds. We understand the level of inconvenience and stress that this can bring to customers and have worked tirelessly to resolve the situation and provide a solution. Once the problem was identified we disabled purchases for a period to prevent customers from being inconvenienced. We can confirm that this is no longer an issue on the CheapTickets.sg website.
        We have also reviewed our customer services process in handling this issue and we hope that customers will benefit from our improved 27/7 call centre.
        As part of the Global BCD Holdings Company but also being new in Singapore we welcome interaction with our clients and value feedback. If any customer from this forum still has an outstanding complaint please email through to [email protected] where a member of our marketing team will be able to assist your complaint. Alternatively please contact our customer service team on +65 3158 2693.
        We are an accredited member of the IATA (International Airlines Travel Agency Network) and operate under MAS law.
        We hope that you will grow to be part of the CheapTickets.sg customer family and take advantage of the great deals that we offer on our website. We create a weekly eNewsletter that we distribute to over 10,00 loyal customers here in Singapore, sending them the best flight and hotel deals. Please visit Cheap Flights|Airfares|Cheapest International Flight Tickets|Travel deals from Singapore|Cheaptickets.sg to sign up today.

Comment

Official Response

Dear forum member. We have picked up on your feedback on issues resulting in purchasing on the CheapTickets.sg website and would like to provide an update. We were previously having some technical problems with our transaction process for some banks here in Singapore. Some transactions that were made by customers were showing as failed on the site but the link up with clearance of funds from the banks was not being completed. This was resulting in the banks holding the amount of money that was trying to be transacted on the site until CheapTickets.sg confirmed that the transaction was not completed and then the funds were released back to the customers card. In most cases this is an instant process but for some banks once it is confirmed with them that the transaction is void it can take up to a week to release the funds. We understand the level of inconvenience and stress that this can bring to customers and have worked tirelessly to resolve the situation and provide a solution. Once the problem was identified we disabled purchases for a period to prevent customers from being inconvenienced. We can confirm that this is no longer an issue on the CheapTickets.sg website.
          We have also reviewed our customer services process in handling this issue and we hope that customers will benefit from our improved 27/7 call centre.
          As part of the Global BCD Holdings Company but also being new in Singapore we welcome interaction with our clients and value feedback. If any customer from this forum still has an outstanding complaint please email through to [email protected] where a member of our marketing team will be able to assist your complaint. Alternatively please contact our customer service team on +65 3158 2693.
          We are an accredited member of the IATA (International Airlines Travel Agency Network) and operate under MAS law.
          We hope that you will grow to be part of the CheapTickets.sg customer family and take advantage of the great deals that we offer on our website. We create a weekly eNewsletter that we distribute to over 10,00 loyal customers here in Singapore, sending them the best flight and hotel deals. Please visit Cheap Flights|Airfares|Cheapest International Flight Tickets|Travel deals from Singapore|Cheaptickets.sg to sign up today.

Comment

No problem with Cheapticket.sg

Originally posted by Audrilious View Post
            Girls, do not ever book tickets from www.cheaptickets.sg!
            My boyfriend and I wanted to book a ticket online from sg to bali for later this month. We googled and found this website - that offers a good price for the tickets. So happily we book our tickets via cheaptickets. So when it comes to the payment page, we provided all our card info and we got this message.

It appears you are having problems completing the additional security measures required by your credit card provider. We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing. Please try your request in a few minutes.

So naturally we tried again. And again on my other credit card. Same message pop up.

And what happened next? I received an SMS from my standchart account that X amount (the cost of the air tickets!) had been charged!

I WAS HORRIFIED.

Because that might mean that the 2 other times I have tried using using my debit card has been charged as well. And when I called up my bank, they confirmed that the payment has been authorised.

So we quickly called up the cheaptickets hotline. We waited a good 30 minutes before someone attended to us. The reception was horrible, the teller's accent was horrible too btw.

After telling them what had happen, they took down our details and promise to get in touch with us the next day. So we waited till 3pm next day before giving them another call. James, the supervisor, told us that the fund will be refunded to us in the next 24 hours. Told the same thing to my bf when he call in later that day. The next day, still nothing. so i called in again, repeating the same story and the teller still have the cheek to tell me that they don't have my flight booking so there's nothing to cancel and nothing to refund.

IF THERE ISN'T ANY BOOKING THEN WHY IS MY PAYMENT BEING HELD??

I found out later on from out forums that I'm not the only one that kena this.

Seriously, booked this on a Sunday, 1st April 2012, my bf is now on the phone with them again. They told him that the person that talk to me, James, the supervisor, and everyone else we spoke to during this 3 days, did not leave any remark or instruction for our case.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL, FROM THEM.
            Hi,

Sorry to hear about your plight.
            I booked my tickets to TW and it is smooth... I believe they have already iron out and rectify the cause of the the problem.

Comment

jetradar.com is the only place I go to search flights now, after consistently finding them to find the best deals. They don't 'promote' any particular airline, but are totally transparent, plus they include the extra fees and taxes that you know you have to pay but many other 'comparison' sites leave off. This is helpful, as you can make a fair assessment of which is the best price.

Comment

is this problem still ongoing with cheaptickets.com.sg?

Comment

I just bought Cathay Pacific tickets from them to Hong Kong. No problem.

Comment

Anybody still encounter problems from Cheapticket? I'm about to book my trip to Korea!

Comment

Maybe clearing your cache before every transaction will help In the case of wrong transactions, usually banks will take your side. process might take long tho

Comment

Just use flight comparison site like Wego Flights. It works for me all the time.

Comment

Working...
                        X