Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Seoul Korea safe?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread..
    but I mean as it safe as in you can walk on the street at night? I know you can't here because there is gangs and stuff.. I heard that I can be kidnapped and be brought into prostitution and never be seen again? I'm female.. is it safe?
    Last edited by PatriciaKenig; 09-05-2012, 09:56 AM.

Hi.... Seoul is pretty safe in general in my opinion... Have been there a couple of times.... Of course it will be dangerous if u walk at night alone n in seluded places... If u are gg with a couple of frens there shouldnt be a prob with safety.... Jus avoid:

1. Dark n quiet alleys alone or on general
    2. Avoid being flashy in terms of dressing and showing ur wealth

Like this u *** attract unnecessary attention. stay alert at all times....

Hope u enjoy seoul as much as i did :D

Comment

You would not*

Comment

yes! and i miss the food there... all the bbq meat and steamboat

Comment

Been there once, dont see why it isnt safe.. Just be careful of your valuables as you would anywhere else.. Beautiful country~ (:

Comment

I just came back from Seoul travelling as alone (im female). Its relatively safe even till 2+am, dont worry too much about it.

Comment

I would say it's pretty safe generally. Been there during Dec for a 2 weeks trip. A v enjoyable and memorable place!! Hope you enjoy urself! Personally i don't like itaewon area at night esp during weekends as there are quite a number of clubs there. Tts also the area where foreigners like to gather, (e.g.. the blacks). They get pretty rowdy aft drinking abit. So avoid tt are if you're not a party animal Otherwise, i would say tt i love Korea ALOT!!

Comment

Originally posted by magdalene92 View Post
                I would say it's pretty safe generally. Been there during Dec for a 2 weeks trip. A v enjoyable and memorable place!! Hope you enjoy urself! Personally i don't like itaewon area at night esp during weekends as there are quite a number of clubs there. Tts also the area where foreigners like to gather, (e.g.. the blacks). They get pretty rowdy aft drinking abit. So avoid tt are if you're not a party animal Otherwise, i would say tt i love Korea ALOT!!

I am heading to Seoul in June , thanks for the heads up

Comment

HI HI ;im going to Seoul in Oct .2013 ,can anyone know which home stay is cheap and good!I plan to stay near JUNG-GU ,got anyone got good idea of staying home stay!pls pls reply asap !thousand thkssssssss

Comment

i visited seoul previously and stayed in a homestay called raon hanok homestay, cost me about $50++ a night, very safe, near anguk station. details here.
                    i find seoul very safe to travel around in.

Comment

Working...
                    X