Bangkok Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok Trip

Hello..I going to Bangkok next month with on of my friends. This is my very first time bangkok trip.

Anyone stay in Metz Pratunam Hotel before? I need some advice.
    Will be reaching airport 12.30pm on Thursday and be back on Sunday night.

Which place I must shop? How to arrange my schedule?
    My friend suggested me to shop Pratunam Mall, Siam Square and Chatuchak.
    But I don't know which place I need to shop first.

Anyone can help me?

Originally posted by prettyinpinkie View Post
    Hello..I going to Bangkok next month with on of my friends. This is my very first time bangkok trip.

Anyone stay in Metz Pratunam Hotel before? I need some advice.
    Will be reaching airport 12.30pm on Thursday and be back on Sunday night.

Which place I must shop? How to arrange my schedule?
    My friend suggested me to shop Pratunam Mall, Siam Square and Chatuchak.
    But I don't know which place I need to shop first.

Anyone can help me?
    Must go places for shopping are
    • Platinum Mall
    • Chatuchak weekend market
    • MBK
    • Terminal 21 shopping mall
    • Chinatown

Terminal 21 is a new shopping mall that opened this year. They have a very interesting concept where each level is named after a different city. I went there a few months ago and really enjoyed shopping there as it is air conditioned.

Besides that I also enjoy bargain hunting at Platinum Mall. To get whole sales prices, you just need to purchase 2-3 pieces. So it's best to go with friends.

I blogged about some of these places in the links below. Hope they can be a good guide for you Enjoy your holiday.

Comment

Hihi,

Any cheap good eating places in Bangkok? I heard that at MBK, there is a japanese restaurant which is rather good and cheap. I think its on the highest level of MBK. Correct?

What about the Swensons there? Cheap and good?

Any other good eating outlets?

Thanks!!

Comment

Some great places of Bangkok:
        Platinum Mall
        Chatuchak weekend market
        MBK
        Terminal 21 shopping mall
        Chinatown

waterton national park

Comment

those are good for shopping but if you really want nice places to eat, there are many old quaint cafes and nice restaurants esp in the hotels. can go there and take a look

Comment

Hotel is situated near to pratunam area. its within walking distance to platinum shopping malls. Hotel is clean and the bed is very comfortable and big. We have no issues with the toilets.. everything was ok.. location a bit further in from the major street, but if no night time activity its ok to walk back to the hotel.

The support was very good with good english communicating reception.

Neesa Leisure Reviews

Comment

Baiyoke Sky , Grand Diamond, Novotel hotel.
              The location is located at the center of Pratunam - Platinum mall

Comment

when i went to bangkok i stayed at first house hotel and the period pratunam previously. Both are fine but the period is newer and nicely renovated. It's just slightly further from Platinum mall. Both are only barely 10 mins walk from platinum mall and cost about $40-50 SGD a night for double/twin sharing

For shopping, as others have mentioned, there's a mall called Terminal 21 that's near Asoke BTS. it's a theme mall with different countries for each level. I bought some t-shirts for my boyfriend the last time i went, rather reasonably priced ($10-$15SGD), there's an entire level (london level) selling guys stuff so i'd definitely recommend you to shop there. Also has a large food court on the top level. If you'd like to see some photos i took, i can post them here, lmk.

Aside from Chatuchak weekend market (which you probably already know about), there's Talad Rod Fai, or the train market. It's very near Chatuchak, you can go after you're done with CTC. There are some articles about it on the net, and i also wrote a post about it here, you can have a read if you're interested.

Comment

I would certainly stay in a hotel near MBK the next time I go. The first time was with friends and we ended up some distance away from the malls. Everytime we go out we needed 2 taxis and it was quite a hassle going out and coming back to rest. And not to mention the traffic jams !!!

Comment

I hate the jams there too. Luckily its not that expensive to take a cab wherever we go. But its quite hard to get a cab whereby they will go by meter, some of the drivers see us as tourists and they refused to turn on the meter and insists on their own charges.

Comment

i think you just gotta be firm about it- like when i board a taxi i always ask first if they go by the meter, if not then i'd get off and get another one.
                      it usually does the trick for my friend and us cause they're eager for business...but some places are harder to get a taxi than others.

Comment

Be careful of your bags when you are in BKK!

My friend's mom just got robbed recently outside Grand Diamond... Luckily she's not hurt

Comment

Stay at Novotel Siam Square, 1 min walk to Siam sq, 5 min walk to MBK. Took taxi to Plantinum mall that cost 50-60baht for taxi. Was quite surprise the taxi now go by meter compare to years ago. I felt that is better to take taxi than Tuk Tuk. You can read my experience here.

Comment

Luckily that she is not hurt. I have been to Bangkok so many times, there was one trip I went alone and was lucky I did not meet with such a bad experience.

Comment

The jap restaurant at MBK (near overhead bridge entrance) is nice! It's a shabu sushi buffet, but for only 1.5 hours- so not much time to eat. But good price, SGD10.

Comment

Working...
                              X