Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap oversea call options??

Hihi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but would like to check if there are cheap options for me to contact my family when i am overseas. Other than using all the free apps that are accessible with WIFI. Those are wayyyyyy too unstable.

Would really love to call home often to update my family about my trip as well as safety. Normal telecom services such as Singtel, Starhub are way too costly. At the rate they charge per minute, i don't even dare to talk properly. So stressful.

My friend actually suggested another calling card from Pheonix. She said that it was cheap and good. Any idea if it's really that good? i will be travelling overseas again soon and would really love to try it if it's really good. But on the other hand, still worried that it is not as "cheap and good" as what i've heard of.

Appreciate it if you can provide me with some suggestions??

Originally posted by magdalene92 View Post
    Hihi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but would like to check if there are cheap options for me to contact my family when i am overseas. Other than using all the free apps that are accessible with WIFI. Those are wayyyyyy too unstable.

Would really love to call home often to update my family about my trip as well as safety. Normal telecom services such as Singtel, Starhub are way too costly. At the rate they charge per minute, i don't even dare to talk properly. So stressful.

My friend actually suggested another calling card from Pheonix. She said that it was cheap and good. Any idea if it's really that good? i will be travelling overseas again soon and would really love to try it if it's really good. But on the other hand, still worried that it is not as "cheap and good" as what i've heard of.

Appreciate it if you can provide me with some suggestions??

Hi! I've tried Pheonix previously It was pretty good i would say. Kinda troublesome at first since i have to get a local number in whatever country i'm in then activate Pheonix service to divert all my calls from my sg number to tt local number i got. But after all this trouble, it's actually v stable and it's only at a fraction of the price. Overall it was sorta worth the trouble for me. Give it a try if you don't find it a hassle and really want to save $$$ !!

Comment

Working...
    X