Travel must-haves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel must-haves

I'm heading for my trip soon and it's been a long time since i go for such a long trip to somewhere further than Thailand. Haha. So i'm kinda rusty on what are the must brings and stuff.

I know my must bring in my list is definitely moisturiser and some of my health product in case i fall ill.

What are yours? I know that autumnheart posted a must have for 3 more skincare + 3 more makeup.

But I think this is more generalised. Like maybe you must bring a torchlight along for some security purposes or whatever? Or some medicinal things?

Hope to get replies!

Other than clothes, usually I will bring
    - a cap for sunny days
    - a shawl to use as blanket on long road trips, useful when visiting places such as mosques also
    - skincare + makeup, include sheet face mask, sunblock and lip balm
    - sunglasses!
    - mobile phone and charger
    - multiplug
    - camera!
    - medicine, include wet tissue etc esp for trekking etc
    - sewing kit
    - pads! just in case
    - weird but i must bring dental floss...not for flossing but it is one of the hardiest and easilest to bring string for tying things when needed. Even for sewing. this is my must bring to trips such as trekking/mountain climbing

Comment

top of the list is definitely skincare!

other things include:
      - underwear
      - ipod
      - book/mag

i find that as long as i have my clothes, skincare and some item to keep me from feeling bored, i can just about skip everything else.

Comment

Wow! I missed out lots of things mentioned by the both of you. Lol. Informative! Anyone else?

Comment

I bring along a bottle of hand sanitizer with me. Good for places you wanna have a meal but no clean water source around to wash the hands.

Comment

Remember to bring your toothbrush! i always forget to bring mine! I had to get one from india, one from thailand.. one from japan.. i can start a collection soon i think - toothbrushes from all over the world!! hahahaha

Comment

Haha! I used to forget about my tooth brush too!! Lol.

cira: That's a new info. Maybe i should take note. What kind of hand sanitizer do you use and where do you get them from?

Comment

All the stuff that's been mentioned, plus
                -Scissors, utility knife, nail file (check-in baggage)
                -Paper soap, if you're going to China or other countries where they don't seem to believe in it

Comment

Anti-Diahoreea tablets are an absolute essential too!

Comment

must have - a good comfy pair of shoes, maps and information about the place (i normally make some notes on what are the places not to be missed), brolly, multi plug and super loud whistle (just in case)

Comment

Originally posted by Evey
                      Haha! I used to forget about my tooth brush too!! Lol.

cira: That's a new info. Maybe i should take note. What kind of hand sanitizer do you use and where do you get them from?
                      Cuticure has those small bottled ones that you can get at Watson, good for travelling.

Comment

Originally posted by saresha
                        All the stuff that's been mentioned, plus
                        -Scissors, utility knife, nail file (check-in baggage)
                        -Paper soap, if you're going to China or other countries where they don't seem to believe in it
                        My friend had her swiss army knife confiscated at the airport, it was a gift from her husband.

Comment

How come will get confiscated? I bring mine everytime i go.. maybe cos she check in with the hand-held baggage? Think u have to put it in the baggage to check in...

Swiss Army knife a must for gals ..

Comment

Yea, have to check in the swiss army knife. They are afraid you might misuse it on the plane. -.-

My aunt got her nail kit confiscated too. Haha. They offered to either help her check in and she can get it from the other airport or they throw it away.

If you want to claim it from the other airport therer are just too many procedures. My aunt decided to throw it away instead. So troublesome. Tsk.

Comment

Yea, my friend didn't check it in with her luagge, she had the knife in her bag.

Comment

Working...
                              X