Bad Travel agencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Travel agencies

Hi all... its one of the peak season to travel again!

any1 have any bad travel agencies to list? so others wont make the same mistake and i really think its such a waste of $ and time if we ever go to a wrong 1..

Personally, i met a very bad 1!! Its Super Travels... i signed up on a trip to harbin.. it was more expensive than others but they have the date i wanted to fly so i called up. They told me it wld be better to go down and discuss so down i went.. i enquired about some stuffs like skiing ( this was the main highlight i was lookin out for) and they say "of couse! surely have skiing!". so i happily booked.

Durin the trip (8days), i waited and waited and we were brought to many local factories more than anything else. And on the last day, i unhappily came back to Sg without skiing!! i was damn unhappy!! i spent about 1.6K on the trip itself and not getting what i was promised. :Doh:

So i went down to the agency to complain. And the manager(who spoke to me the last time) denied telling me that there was skiing activities! Harlow!?! And harbin is famous for being a "snowy and cold" country and skiing was definitely 1 highlight about that place! and my frenes and i confirmed with one another that he said there would be skiing!

I was damn unhappy...i aksed for some refund and in the process, he threw a calculator at me!! lucky him that the calculator didnt hit me or i wld definately report it to the police! The big boss whom i asked to see many times but was told he was not ard suddenly appeared and he shouted at me and my frenes to get out of his place! and the other staffs there actually told the boss i threw the calculator at him 1st (to cover up for him)! i was super angry and accussed!! and he insisted that we mistook his accent so we thought he said there was skiing activity?!? real good liars i tell u!!

gosh! what kind of attitude is this?! anyway, the staffs there are mostly from China... They will keep promising u what u wan for the trip to make u sign up and after that, it's none of their business.. and for the many times i went down(to book, pay, briefing and complain), i saw were many others who looked damn unhappy about their trip and was there to complain too.. but i think none succeded cuz the china pple really have their way of dealin with us!

Sorry for the long entry! just dont want any1 else to make the same mistake!!

Oh dear... am so sorry to hear that about your trip. Surely that is a valid reason to file a case against them? I think Singapore has this thing going on whereby if a shop cheats you or something, they are able to blacklist the shop? Someone help me out/correct me!

Comment

ya..i did write a letter to NATAS.... but its a lot of effort and writing and waiting.... den NATAS sort of like warn them only..we demanded a day's worht of money back cuz they 'cheated' 1 of our days..(initially say 9 days then in the end,only 8 days)..in the end i **** i only got like $50 back..and 50/1600 is like 0.03% !! so betta be careful and not go to this type of agencies!!!

Comment

Hi there,

I also had a bad experience which I thought would be good to share. I went on a tour to turkey with ANANDA Travel. Heard from a colleague it wasn't too bad. But it turned out to be the worst tour I had ever gone on. BEWARE everyone. I know this posting is very long but do read it.

First, both the singaporean and turkish tour guides were not very attentive. During the tour, several of us were lost due to unclear instructions from the tour guide. As language was a barrier, we had difficulty finding our way back to the rest of the tour group. The worst part was that the tour guides were not even aware of those lost sheeps.

Secondly, tap water in turkey is not safe for drinking like in singapore and hotels do not provide complimentary water. Hence, we have to buy water as and when we have the chance. There were several occasions where the tour guides did not arrange for stops to purchase drinking water before heading back to hotel. We therefore had to buy from the hotel, which is super-expensive.

Thirdly, as my bf and I preferred to have a day to ourselves to experience turkish lifestyle, we decided not to take up the optional package for the last day (meant to be F&E). To our horror, the guide had everything arranged in such a way (for the last day) that they suggested we either sit in the bus and wait while the rest went on the optional tour or pay for the tix to enter the attraction. Seems like we were not given a choice anyway.

I know this is getting a little too long but the last issue is the worse. We had to pay a deviation fee as we intended to extend our stay in Istanbul. This was charged to us even before the extension could be confirmed. In the end, the agency called me 2 weeks before my departure telling me i couldn't entend due to tix inavailability. I thought they would have processed the refund from that very day. When i came back from my trip, i realised they have yet to process the refund and according to them, it takes 2-3 months to process the refund. It was a $60 refund by the way. 3 weeks later, i received half of the refund. I called up to check on the other half. The lady told me it was used to cover tax increase but this tax increase was charged after my entire trip. It doesn't make sense at all. So i had to wait again. 3 months later, $20 was refunded. So what happened to the other $10. I tried in vain to reach the cus service mgr who nvr seems to be in the office.

Till now, this is still pending. it has been 5 months already. I feel like them.
        [/FONT]

Comment

I have one tour agency to add. It's Enjoy Travel in Golden Mile.

They were late in picking us up from the KL hotel by 3 hours.. and made us wait another 1 hour at the Malaysian Second link with no news on when the bus was going to pick us up.

Anyway, this issue was so badly managed that it even appeared on the chinese news papers.

Comment

had 2 bad experiences with Five Stars Travel.

booked their 3d2n F&E to KL Aug 05. the period we were supposed to travel was during the very bad haze.
            n it was reported in the news that visibility was bad n was advised to avoid KL.
            i called them up n ask if we can postponed the trip coz of the haze. they promised to get back n i didnt hear from them. so in the end, proceed with the trip.

2 experience was duing nov 05. booked a F&E bangkok trip with them for the CNY period. knowing that it it the peak season, i booked it in Nov. up till Jan, they did not get back to me about the hotel confirmation. i called them up chasing for my hotel for at least 5 times. they keep giving the excuse like bangkok side no answer, the other hotel fully booked. it was a guy who was in charge of my case and he promised to get back to me over the weekend, no answer from him. I had to call them and was told that he has gone on 2 months leave. In the end, no holiday trip during the CNY period. Whenever I called them without identifying myself, they will know that it's me. I just need to say ' I want to enquire about my bamgkok trip' and they will know. I believe they have forgotten about my booking and dont want to admit it.

Send n email and ask where can I send my complaint to, receive a reply on the day itself. So I sent in my feedback. It has been a month plus and no reply from them. Didnt even say sorry for ruining my holiday.

Comment

Agreed that SUPER TRAVEL is HORRIBLE. When to Japan in Dec07 which is super peak to Japan. They are so inefficient. Manage to give the itinerary one week before departure. And they asked you to top up $165 for bullet train rides so that you need not travel so much by coach. Who in the right mind would want to top up? They are unable to book the air tickets by the original itinerary going in Narita and out from Kansai. After paying the deposit then they change to IN Nagoya and OUT Nagoya. So they made the whole coach passenger to seat 5 hrs from one point and back 5hrs to Nagoya. Cutting the time from shopping. But explain to us that the ride only take 3~3 hrs.

Comment

And Japan Tour Guide is also so..........o lazy. Never explain or navigate the places of interest when we are there. Just asked you to go in and see then come back to the bus.

At night also never suggest and tell what you can do around the hotel. Cos she so afraid that you asked her to bring you.

Comment

*** scary we must beware of super travel already. Well mainlanders love to lie and cheat. That's theit strong points. Met so many of this kinda mainlanders. Well there are good one, but rare!

Comment

I know this is an old thread.. but I'm still posting to warn people who intend to travel with Super Travels..

DO NOT TAKE ANY TOUR PACKAGE FROM THEM!!!

THEY DON'T GIVE WHAT THEY SELL ON THE ITINERARY!

I just returned from a 11days West USA trip not long ago.. there wasn't even a proper oversea tour guide where the package I took up is a GUIDED tour! They just sent a everything-also-don't-know-local guide to act in place for the oversea guide! Yet the tipping they collected includes oversea guide! so I'm paying 11days X USD3 = USD33 extra per person! The local guide doesn't tell u the interesting facts of the place of interest we'll be going.. even he did mention alittle, the facts were just information relayed from the coach driver!

They will sent u a revised copy of the itinerary a week before the tour depart! so what u actually paid for in the first itinerary might be changed away! for my case it was changed..

The accomodations changed and changed during the trip! From a place that is near the city to somewhere that is in the suburb! not only that.. the tour always end the day early before 7pm! The whole tour group do not want to pay that much and spent such long hours to come to USA to just end every day that early and get stucked in the hotel located in the suburb ok!

The management is not doing anything to the whole group tour members complain letters and calls.. we requested for refund in the tipping and the rushed dissatisfied Las Vegas night tour.. in fact Super Travels are now screening all incoming calls.. avoiding all calls from the members travelled in this group!

Other than this USA tour.. previously I booked a Eygpt tour.. I was only informed that the tour was cancelled due to not enough people on the actual day.. few hours prior to departure.. at the airport.. -.-" Despite this incident, I booked the USA with them again.. This really proven how lousy Super Travels and the service they provide can be..

Comment

omg this is freaky.. i've just booked my honeymoon with them... hope it all goes fine for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Ixora View Post
                        had 2 bad experiences with Five Stars Travel.

booked their 3d2n F&E to KL Aug 05. the period we were supposed to travel was during the very bad haze.
                        n it was reported in the news that visibility was bad n was advised to avoid KL.
                        i called them up n ask if we can postponed the trip coz of the haze. they promised to get back n i didnt hear from them. so in the end, proceed with the trip.

2 experience was duing nov 05. booked a F&E bangkok trip with them for the CNY period. knowing that it it the peak season, i booked it in Nov. up till Jan, they did not get back to me about the hotel confirmation. i called them up chasing for my hotel for at least 5 times. they keep giving the excuse like bangkok side no answer, the other hotel fully booked. it was a guy who was in charge of my case and he promised to get back to me over the weekend, no answer from him. I had to call them and was told that he has gone on 2 months leave. In the end, no holiday trip during the CNY period. Whenever I called them without identifying myself, they will know that it's me. I just need to say ' I want to enquire about my bamgkok trip' and they will know. I believe they have forgotten about my booking and dont want to admit it.

Send n email and ask where can I send my complaint to, receive a reply on the day itself. So I sent in my feedback. It has been a month plus and no reply from them. Didnt even say sorry for ruining my holiday.
                        I have relatively bad experience with 5 star as well. Depending who serve u, BUT! NV ALLOW THE CHINA PPL TO SERVE U! I'm not racist here but generally these ppl show lack of enthusiam and efforts to help u out.

There was one time we called the agency for enquiries about the passport validity. This china man picked up and my bf asked him abt the flight stuff. He said he's not sure and he will get his colleauges to take over instead. My bf waited and suddenly he said he don't know and hanged up!

There were several times like this when we called to ask about our flight enquiries. THE CHINA TOWN 5 STAR AGENCY!

Other than that, the Singaporean ones are much helpful and give more common sense in handling things.

Comment

Originally posted by jas2909 View Post
                          I know this is an old thread.. but I'm still posting to warn people who intend to travel with Super Travels....
                          Shame them on the newspaper..... I am sure the reporters will be keen on this type of news. If lousy service is provided, alert others to get out of harm's way......

Do a online check on traveller's review on the travel agent u use. Super Travels does have more than its fair share of negative comments.
                          Last edited by Joven; 29-03-2009, 10:19 PM.

Comment

I had the very bad experience with a local travel agency called 'Seiki Travel' at tiong bahru & tampiness. The staff who served me in the beginning left the company without my info. The company moved out without my info too. Then i tried to call them up and it seemed like they did not have a proper handover and everything was messed up. They did not book the travel insurance for me where the ex-staff said she would so that i could get the good deal during the NATAS fair. The flight timing she suggested to me has to change due to her mistake where the timing turned out does not work good with my itinerary and ended up i have to pay more for the flight change. They passed me like a ball where nobody really want to take up the mess for the ex-staff. The staffs there do not like to reply my calls and emails. Their favourite quote is 'we will get back to you' but you wouldn't listen a word from them afterwards. You have to keep chasing and pushing them for all your enquiries and documents done. It could be quite tiring where you are paying the money for suffering. It really spoil my mood before the tour starts. I warn people do not vote for it for their lousy customer service & poor management handling.

Comment

Well its been a very good information. There should be some more awareness regarding such issues...
                              ------------------
                              1985 honda xr350r bike's agency is not bad

Comment

Working...
                              X