Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All About airport tax~

dearies,

just want to clarify my doubts on airport taxes...

hmm... when we travel, we have to pay airport taxes for both sides ya?

i remember paying a 500bahts tax in thailand and a $65 tax when i travel to bangkok last october. so is the $65 for our airport?

does the rates fluctuate often? i passed by an agency yesterday and they are quoting a guy $89 airport tax???? got me confused...

i'm going to hong kong in july. So anyone have any idea approx how much airport tax in total i have to pay???

if i am not wrong, airport taxes depend on the airline, the berth the plane is using and also, it will be more expensive if it is peak period. its not a standard rate for the airport.

Comment

For Thailand, you have to pay the airport tax of 500 baht when you check-in in Thai airport. The price you paid for the tour package does not include Thai airport tax. Thailand still does not have the system that can allow tax to be paid beforehand. They still do in a "manual" collection way. For most of the other countries, the airport tax quoted by the tour agent is inclusive of taxes both ways. Meaning if they quote you $85 for HK package airport tax, then you do not have to pay anymore tax when you check-in in HK airport.
      Please check with your travel agent for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by paopaobubble
        if i am not wrong, airport taxes depend on the airline, the berth the plane is using and also, it will be more expensive if it is peak period. its not a standard rate for the airport.

I never heard of the airport tax will be more expensive during peak period. I only heard of; it depends on the exchange rate and also different airline charges differently.

Comment

Australia is increasing their airport tax, used to be around $200...according to the news it is going to be $400, more expensive than the air ticket if you are travelling to Perth! Goodness...they attribute their increase to fuel price surge. :Doh:

Comment

I have just paid $43 for airport tax to Bangkok last weekend. Last heard from travel agency, Bangkok's airport tax is still 500baht. If I'm not wrong, there are different airport tax for different airline carriers.
            Last edited by ITangel; 09-05-2005, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Reason for imposing airport tax.
              All flights require a tax to help maintain the airports, and also to help pay for security measures, which have become a part of traveling by air anywhere in the world. Since 9/11, the airport taxes have over doubled, and in some cases more.

Comment

does anyone know if we have to pay this 500baht airport tax at the Phuket airport too?

Comment

Yep we have to pay both sides.

i was quoted $212 to London for SQ flights and $186 by Brunei Air!

Comment

Originally posted by ITangel
                    I have just paid $43 for airport tax to Bangkok last weekend. Last heard from travel agency, Bangkok's airport tax is still 500baht. If I'm not wrong, there are different airport tax for different airline carriers.
                    so we pay $43 at bangkok airport, after we come back to singapore, we still need to pay singapore aiport tax??

Comment

You pay $43 for Singapore airport tax.
                      When you come back to Singapore, then you pay Thai airport tax 500 Baht.
                      It's that simple.

Originally posted by ahmay1218
                      so we pay $43 at bangkok airport, after we come back to singapore, we still need to pay singapore aiport tax??

Comment

hi,i be going to bkk on thr,the taxes is $71.the agencies mention to me before different airline of airport taxes are different but they standadised the rate of airport taxes,they rebursed us by lower down our air fare..

Comment

Working...
                        X