Flight upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight upgrades

Anyone has an idea of how to get a flight upgrade? Assuming the flight is not full, is it too thick-skinned to ask for a upgrade simply because I'm travelling with a baby?

please share your experiences... thanks!

I read somewhere that stewardness would not prefer to give an upgrade to a passenger with child though no harm asking right?
    This article i read claims that to get an upgrade, dress nicely ( must look the part!) and arrive early, not sure how true it was but i got upgraded once though i was still a child then.. HTH!

Comment

unfortunately, i think its less likely that you'll get upgraded if you have a baby, as the other (paying) business class passengers won't like sharing space with a (potentially) crying baby.

the times i've been upgraded, i think it was because my husband was an SIA PPS member.

Comment

yup I thought of that too.... that she might cry and annoy them. but it's going to be a long flight SIN-NY direct... and if we are stuck in economy seats (baby has no seat) and i'm sure she will not stay in the bassinet, then it will be really tight...

krisflyer member not much help right? everybody is a krisflyer

Comment

Not unless you have enough krisflyer miles to upgrade to business class

Originally posted by crystal
          yup I thought of that too.... that she might cry and annoy them. but it's going to be a long flight SIN-NY direct... and if we are stuck in economy seats (baby has no seat) and i'm sure she will not stay in the bassinet, then it will be really tight...

krisflyer member not much help right? everybody is a krisflyer

Comment

Crystal, if you are taking the SIN/NYC direct, the seats are pretty comfortable like. More legspace etc. Abit like business class too!

Comment

ginger, you've taken before? yup i heard it was better than normal economy seats. that was the reason why i opt for direct flight as well although it was more expensive

Comment

I dont know how they choose to upgrade who and whos...my bf got upgraded once to Raffles Class. They also didnt say why, just told us that he was being upgraded. He was one of the last few to check-in though.
                Not much help..

Comment

If the flight is not full, chances of getting upgraded is not high. Your chances are better if you're a PPS member though.

Comment

thanks happybean...sounds good. i need that space, especially when she can't sit still.... arrgghhh can't imagine holding a wriggling baby on a plane for so many hours

Comment

crystal I haven taken it before, but my inlaws did and they say its like business class and definitely more comfortable! If you are travelling alone with your baby, I would say the extra money forked out is well worth it!

Comment

Crystal, I have taken the SIA non-stop LA-SIN flight and it was GREAT . I've nothing but raves for the flight!!
                        There was extra leg room, the ceiling of the plane (its different from the indirect flights) seems to be higher and the overall lighting of the cabin was better. The seat was definitely more spacious and the recline was better/lower And.....the passenger standing area (unsure of the right term) had this nice basket of fruits and snacks too!!

It was my best flight (i've not taken business class though) experience and the contrast was great as I sat through the indirect flight from SIN-SF with a crying and seat-kicking toddler behind me....

Comment

crystal, you're taking sq 22 rite? space wise there's HEAPS like what everyone else says, and to my knowledge, it is v seldom full in economy and quite full in biz so highly unlikely you'll get upgraded on that flight.

if you've got a bulkhead seat (with bassinet point infront) even better cos that's slightly more legroom than the other seats.

upgrades (if given) by ground staff are usually to the PPS pax.

Comment

thanks gals! confirmed my flight today. sounds like i made the right choice!

Comment

Today's Urban talked about how you can get upgraded...haha...try to be last passenger or second last =) sound dangerous though. Or volunteer to get bumped to next available flight if overbooked. Do not order special meals (meaning they wouldhave reserved your seat for you already.)
                              Still have some tips but I recalled already..oops =)

Comment

Working...
                              X