USA > East Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA > East Coast

Hello dear cotters! I'm planning for Eastern USA on late July till early Aug. Planning to go NY, Orlando, Washington and Niagara. Am totally confused now... do need help desperately Anyone been to Orlando before? Can some1 guide me? And also Niagara...

me going to orlando too... in early july...

what's not to be missed in orlando?

Comment

disneyland and epcot!

Comment

niagara is west of NYC about 8hours drive away. You should see the falls from both the american and canadian side. IMO, the canadian side is much more magnificent. Niagara is also 1.5 hrs from Toronto, Canada, so you can pop by the city for get MAC cometics at really dirt cheap prices.

By the way, are you a singaporean citizen? If yes, you won't need visa to cross the border to canada. I've never been to orlando but have been to maimi and key west and it's very very happening. You might wanna pop by if you have the time.

If you like museums and coffee culture, can check out Boston, which is 1.5 hours away from NYC.

Comment

If you're not planning to drive alot you may check out this:

www.jetblue.com

Cheap domestic flights within the east coast.

Comment

wow, am sure you will enjoy Orlando!! I did East Coast USA about 1 and half years ago. I sent almost 5 days in Orlando itself! Think I bought the 3 day disney pass, can enjoy entry into Epcot Center, Magic Kingdom, and the other "worlds" (sorry forgot the names). Then, there's also separate pass to Universal Studios. There are also many other smaller theme parks like SeaWorld, but prob no time to do all. Got enough of theme parks after like 4 days of it.

I also covered Miami, Boston and New York on that trip. You've got to cover Statue of Libery and the Islands in New York. Oh, lots more! What else you want to know? I cld go on and on.

Comment

Thank you so much nah all of you
              I'm thinking of giving up Disneyland afterall after seeing its just too way south
              Might go to Boston instead... heard its really lovely wth European feel.

Elainetsai, is Canada side Niagara really waaayyy mich better? Because I'll need a visa to go Canada so must really check if its really a good place to go. Is Toronto nice? If it's good then maybe we can go Toronto and Niagara trip will be the day tour.

Anyway, thanks so much once again! Pls keep the info comming

Comment

hi neko, yes the canadian side of the falls is much better. Toronto is a very culture rich city and shopping is really good there and you can get VAT refund at the canadian border. If you decided against going to canada, i think you might want to skip niagara as well and spend more time in boston or florida. The freaking is visa is $100++ sdg if i;m not wrong.

Florida is south but domestic flights will takes at most half a day, i think it's really worthwhile to check out orlando and maimi.

Comment

Anyone been to Maine? I'm planning to go Boston, NYC, Maine, then to Canada.
                  Any must see in Canada?

neko when will you be in States?

Comment

Hello Ginger, I will be there at the end of July. How abt you? Im seriosuly loss on where to go actually. Has decided against Orlando since it was just too far away and mom might not want to do the rides at Disneyland then it will be a waste.

Thanks so much Elaine, that's v kind of you Hmmm might decide to go Canada too maybe if time permit, since every1 said Falls at Canada is so much nicer... and the MAC temptation is just too much

Comment

Hi neko, I just came back from East USA (New York, Philadelphia, Washington D.C, Buffalo) and Canada (Toronto, Ottawa - Ontario, Montreal, Quebec City). Saw the Niagara Falls! Lovely from Canada side!

I think you should really decide first where you want to travel and how much time you have in USA. For me, I did the above areas in 2 weeks. I haven't had enough time to go to Boston (though the tour guide said that the place has more historical value than many of the other cities in the East Coast and I would definitely want to go there given the chance). Orlando is really quite far and Disneyland needs a queuing time of 2-3 hours just to enter, I heard! :eh:

My recommendation would be for you to focus on the areas in East Coast USA and Canada and do a bus tour. There are many packages available (e.g Greyhound). Do a search on the web for bus tours East USA.

And also, if you are planning to stay in a hotel, do your booking well in advance and it is best if you re-confirm your booking before you reach the hotel.

Don't miss New York City itself, its a lovely place with lots of shopping and museums! Very cosmopolitan place! And you stride down the streets, you can really feel like one of the girls in SATC! Walk brisk and fast to keep up with the New Yorkers!

By the way, I have a mint condition Lonely Planet New York City 2004 for sale. BF forgot to bring it along for the trip :Doh: and hence it is in very good condition, PM me if you are keen!

Comment

oooh, ruthie, am sure you had lots of fun...reminds me of my trip there in Aug 03.

For Orlando, DisneyWorld, they have come up with this FastPass system where you can collect a ticket for a particular ride, and come back to the attraction at a stated time. This cuts the queue time (remember in the past, had to queue 2-3hrs for the popular rides!), but this FastPass system is much better!!

You can also book hotels through websites like travelocity, tripadvisor(tripadviser?) (this website provides a lot of info). actually, some of the comments left by some hotel guest were really funny!

Comment

Thanks so much for the info... I shall not dilly dally anymore and it has been comfirmed that I'll be spending time at NY-Boston-Niagara-Washington-NY... mom is obsessed wth seeing Niagara so no choice even from USA side also must go

I will book hotel by this week... basically will be spending 3 nights in NY, 3 nights in Boston, 2 nights in Niagara, 3 nights in Washington and another 4 days in NY... just hv a relaxing itenary...

Ruthie, Philadalphia nice? anything to see there?

Comment

Originally posted by neko
                            Thanks so much for the info... I shall not dilly dally anymore and it has been comfirmed that I'll be spending time at NY-Boston-Niagara-Washington-NY... mom is obsessed wth seeing Niagara so no choice even from USA side also must go

I will book hotel by this week... basically will be spending 3 nights in NY, 3 nights in Boston, 2 nights in Niagara, 3 nights in Washington and another 4 days in NY... just hv a relaxing itenary...

Ruthie, Philadalphia nice? anything to see there?
                            Philadelphia is has the MUST-SEE Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, where all appointed Presidents of the USA must raise the US flag!! How can you not go?

Neko, are you booking a bus tour or going separately on your own?

U have a similar itinerary as me!? But I stop-over in Canada as well.

Comment

I'm planning to visit US in April/May and I need lots of advise!!

I'm planning to visit New York & Washington in Spring 2006. Probably spend something like 14-21 days travelling. Planning to include other nearby cities like Boston, Philadelphia, Buffalo & Niagara Falls (Can side).

I'll be alone in every other state except NY and DC. Is safety a problem? Also need advise on transport, to and within America, itinery and cost. And erm, am I covering too few places for 3 weeks? Is $5k (not incl shopping) too little?

Comment

Working...
                              X