Overwater Huts Accommodations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwater Huts Accommodations

Can anyone recommend a resort in malaysia, thailand or indonesia that have overwater hut/bungalow accommodations (eg. see pic below)? My hubby and I are planning to go for our second honeymoon. Thanks.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shiki; 29-06-2005, 10:14 AM.

Originally posted by shiki
    Can anyone recommend a resort in malaysia, thailand or indonesia that have overwater hut/bungalow accommodations (eg. see pic below)? My hubby and I are planning to go for our second honeymoon. Thanks.....
    These are from Malaysia:-

Not exactly that but Avillion Water Chalets in Port Dickson are very nice. I love it there. http://www.avillion.com.my/ The bathroom is nice with an open air shower concept and also a tub. Rooms are cozy and its easy to get to without too much hassle. And for a 2nd honeymoon, you might opt for this package http://www.avillion.com.my/packages/romantic.htm I've been on something similar. Very worth it and relaxing!

Alternatively, you can also try Gem Island off the coast of Terengganu. http://sinisini.com/hotel/malaysia/tgg/gem_wellness/ Its not exactly over water but the deluxe chalets front the sea and its really lovely there! Getting there is more of a hassle as you'll have to drive/fly into Terengganu and then go to the jetty to get across to the island. But its really pretty and quiet and fun.

Pangkor Laut Resort is of course on a similar concept. http://www.pangkorlautresort.com/ Its very exclusive and expensive! But I hear its very nice there. Never been myself coz of the cost! heh...

Hope this helps! There might be some in Langkawi too but I'm not too sure about those.
    Last edited by tuktoyaktuk; 29-06-2005, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I been to Pangkor Laut resort!!..Damn cool around $400 Sing per night per bungalow. It is on an island of its own across the island is Pangkor Island itself on which there are many other resorts as well. Under their company there is another resort "Tanjong Rhu"if i didnt remember wrongly, slightly cheaper. =)

Comment

Thank you sooo much, tuktoyaktuk, for the info. I really do appreciate it.

Comment

Thanks dear for the info. I will check it out.

Comment

wow, looks lovely!!!

Comment

U must go Mabul or Kapalai off Sipadan island in Sabah. Specially the Kapalai Dive Resort.. gosh! We felt like we were in the middle of nowhere in paradise!! Beautiful very nice bungalows on water.. no land at all cept a tiny strip of white sand for sandbathing. Everything is just standing on the water!! U can't even call it an island actuallyt echnically speaking.. it's just a trip of reef it's standing on. U must stay at the double room bungalows which r the newer ones.. very luxurious!! Felt like i was in Mauritius or soemthing...

Webbie of resort
              http://sipadan-kapalai.com/

Comment

Originally posted by peekaboo
                U must go Mabul or Kapalai off Sipadan island in Sabah. Specially the Kapalai Dive Resort.. gosh! We felt like we were in the middle of nowhere in paradise!! Beautiful very nice bungalows on water.. no land at all cept a tiny strip of white sand for sandbathing. Everything is just standing on the water!! U can't even call it an island actuallyt echnically speaking.. it's just a trip of reef it's standing on. U must stay at the double room bungalows which r the newer ones.. very luxurious!! Felt like i was in Mauritius or soemthing...

Webbie of resort
                http://sipadan-kapalai.com/
                wow, did u spend a lot?
                and how did u go there?

Comment

Quite cheap actually! I took Air Asia from Johor Bahru to Tawau. From there, the resort ppl will pick u up from airport & transfer u to the island. Depending if u r diving or not, twin sharing is bout RM300 per night per person. HTH

Comment

thanks gal!

haha can use the fantastic diving site to tempt my bf in bringing me there...long heard that Sipadan is a superb diving site didnt know about the water chalets!
                    You booked from the website directly and arrange your own flight? So the airport land right on the island? Thanks!

Comment

Definitely a great place to b with SO!! Unbelievalbe diving sites & so diverse. U get wall diving at Sipadan, reef dives at Kapalai & muck diving at Mabul.. all very near each other & u can hop about this 3 places easily with boat. Unbelievable range of marine life!! Love the mandarin fishes which loves Mabul & I chased my first hammerheads here in Sipadan. Another group spotted a whale shark but we missed out on that.. Sighhhh

And to go back to such a lovely resort after a good day of diving.. it's heaven! So romantic & tranquil.. man! I am making myself all wanting to go again!! Hehehe Truly, a great place to be with SO! Sigh...

Comment

i m not so much diving freak, only took my advanced 1 year then stopped since then, my bf more fanatic...
                        Their website didnt teach us how to get there? so you just booked from the web directly?

when did you go? the airasia website showed that JB do not fly to tawau anymore?

Last edited by linggy; 29-06-2005, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Just went early last year! Aiks?! No more fly Tawau?? Mebbe losing money that route.. hehe Well, next option, fly Air Asia from KL or fly Air Asia JB-KK-Tawau.

Yupp, i booked via internet. I wrote to them & ask for a quotation for eg, 4 days 3 nights with diving.. etc etc If u or SO is Malaysian, u should get a better price i think.. HTH

Ask for the double occupancy bungalows.. the new ones!

I WANNA GO AGAIN TOOOOOOOOO.... WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Comment

wow..this sounds so lovely!!!
                            but i cant go there now..
                            will put this in my list...

Comment

thanks gal!
                              the air ticket from KL to tawau is 520 RM for round trip...must book in advance for cheaper fares.

Hmmm but when my bf come back in Dec, will be monsoon, have to wait till next year already.

Comment

Working...
                              X