China > Shenzhen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China > Shenzhen

Anyone been to shenzheng before? My colleague just came back from there and he raved about how great the shopping malls are. Am tempted to visit Shenzheng from Hong Kong. Any advice on the most convenient & fastest transport to reach Shenzheng?

read through the Hongkong/Macau thread. lotsa info about daytrips to Shenzhen from hongkong.

Comment

u can take the KCR to Lo Hu station from tsim sha tsui or mongkok MTR. after which its just like walking distance to the both the customs.. journey is quite fast its about 45mins. HTHs

Comment

Heard that there is a lot of imitation branded stuffs that looks like real there. Not only bags but liquors, mont blanc pens etc....

Also there are many cheap & current DVDs (very clear).

Heard that their Friven bedsheets are also cheap.

Comment

yup! i love the shopping there
          you really have to bargain

there was a seller who quoted me 780hkd but another store was selling at only 120hkd.

Comment

I might be going on a gormet trip to Shenzhen/Guangzhou. As this is a package tour( hotel stay and meals provided), I'm rather worried as I was told by Chan Brothers that we are going to stay in a three to four stars hotel. They can't even tell me which hotel I'm going stay so there no way that I can check on the internet. All I'm worried is the cleanliness of the room as I am a clean freak. Anyone got anything to say about it? Please help as I'm going around late October. Thanks!

Comment

I just came back from HK and was in Shenzhen for a day trip. Went to Luohu
              Shopping Centre. Lots of imitation stuff which i wasn't really keen on. But i really found their cheongsams beautiful and cheap. They have quite a variety of designs, materials etc. Not the stuffy Yue Hwa type. I bought a knee length sleeveless silk cheongsam dress for about S$50. Saw some other pieces that are so nice with sequins or beads etc. Very suitable for tea ceremony if you are gonna be a bride. I bought off the rack but they told me to go back 2 hours later to collect as they will alter it for free for me.

I also went for their manicure & pedi. Service was very good and the skills of the girl who served me was excellent. It was really the full works. Only grouse is their nail polish didn't last so you might want to bring your own polish. i did mine in a shop on the 5th floor. the staff were not pushy at all and told me upfront that a full mani and pedi would be RMB50 which is about S$12. I told her i will consider as i want to shop around the mall first and do my mani pedi last before i head back to HK. She told me not to worry, that she would not be chasing and pestering me around the mall like some of the other girls who would offer me RMB30 at first but later add on to the cost for every small little thing they do once you are in the shop. True enough, she did not pester me like the other girls from other shops and the price was as said. My hubby also did a 1 hour foot, shoulder and neck massage for RMB35. He was completely satisfied with their servce. Much much better than the MY FOOT massage in S'pore, honestly, which he always goes to.

Comment

Any one fly to shenzhen from singapore?which airline?

Comment

U can try SilkAir... they currently fly there 6x a week

Comment

Originally posted by D3stiny
                    U can try SilkAir... they currently fly there 6x a week

but i already check with them..there is no seat for that week i want to go...

Comment

Think from the middle of this motnh onwards, tiger airways is flying to shenzhen. But the timing abit weird and only 3 days a week.

Comment

maybe tiger airways is trying out 1st..as it is new line for them ..so if the demand is great or more..they will slowly increase ...

Comment

I've been to Shenzhen from Hongkong before. You can either take train, then change at one of the station (i forgot the name) and cross the causeway like we cross Msia causeway. But this is not easy, the traffic over the other side is horrible, you need to carry suitcases up and across overhead bridge. Another way is to take coach from some coach stations. I tried once from Hongkong airport. The coach stopped at my hotel in Shenzhen, so the journey was much better, no need to queue for very long, and no need to climb up and down with your heavy bags. I am not sure if the causeway there is still as bad, hopefully they have improved.

Comment

I'm currently now in shen zhen. I'm on a business trip and hence have alot of privillge. The company asked two shen zhen girls to bring me around to shop. And was really super grateful of the whole trip. spent about RM 400 in a day but bought so damn many things. cos the girls brought me around. the imitation goods here are so superior that you cant tell if they are real or fake at all.
                            anyway just wondering if anyone have got good place to reccomend me for food here?

Comment

Tiger airways have really obscure timings. SZX-SIN i think you will land in SIN at 2am in the morning!

Silkair timings are good SIN-SZX 1030 - 1430 , SZX-SIN 1535-1935.

Rogue
                              I like their dimsums in the morning, some places offer all items for only RMB4.80 when you pay before 11.00am!

Comment

Working...
                              X