No announcement yet.

China Airlines - Any Scary Experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Airlines - Any Scary Experience?

I'm planning a trip to Taipei but most travel agencies recommend flight on China Airlines. I'm very reluctant for obvious reasons -- don't want to risk my precious life... Anyone has any nice or horrifying experience on China Airlines or recommend a more decent flight to Taipei, please?

How about JetStar? I took Air China (not China Airlines) to Beijing 2 months ago, flight service was ok. Very smooth taking off and landing was ok. My maternal grandma took China Airlines to Beijing too earlier this year and according to my aunt, the flight seems fine.

Comment

Cheaper airfares. How about EVA? Tried china air before and don't really like it, unless it's for short distance.

Comment

My hubby also refused to travel by China Airlines. I have friend working as flight stewardess for CI for more then 10 years and she still happy with her job. I would say all depend on individual luck.

Comment

took china airlines before, i think its fine.

Comment

I don't think I will take China Airlines, I think EVA has better flying record, you should consider taking EVA instead. China Airline planes can be quite old.

BTW Air China is mainland China's airline and China Airline is from Taiwan.

Comment

I flew with a girl recently who used to fly for China Airlines. Interestingly, she mentioned that in her time with China Airlines (more than five years ago), when she started, the training was eight weeks out of which only one week was spent on safety and emergency procedures.

I find that scary. They were never taught how to fight inflight fires, or to evacuate or learnt evacuation commands and simulated emergency drills. True enough, the statistics of passengers having to evacuate is slim to none, but I sure would like the cabin crew on my flight to be competent if the unthinkable were to happen...at least I would have a fighting chance at survival!

Of course, things may have changed since she left. But for now, there's no way I'm letting my folks go on China Airlines.

Comment

I flew on China Airlines for a business trip before. It was not a pleasant experience as my colleague and I were stranded in Beijing airport for the longest time. We were supposed to fly from Beijing to HK at 4pm but ended up reaching HK past midnight. This is all because the plane was late due to technical problems.

The staff did give out food to the passengers waiting at the gate, so that was not too bad. But when they served dinner / supper on the plane, the food tasted funny....and my colleague got food poisoning from the inflight food.

Perhaps that was just a one-off incident but that is enough to put me off China Airlines for a long long time.

Comment

i took china airlines some years back.. i have this prob whereby whenever the plane's gonna land my ear will hurt a lot. and when i took china airlines.. my ear bled.. i wonder is it cos of the landing or whaT? cos other airlines (regardless of plane size) my ear onli hurt! i bled to the extend that my nose starting to bleed too.. ****..

Comment

Originally posted by eneri
                    I'm planning a trip to Taipei but most travel agencies recommend flight on China Airlines.
                    i think these agencies get fat commission from china airline, that's why. personally, i shun china airline as i don't want to risk my life too. their track record hasn't been too good.
                    i'll recommend you to spend a little more and fly by EVA air instead. everything about this airline is great, especially the food! :wow:

Comment

Can't remember if I took China Airlines on my previous trip to China. But my dad usually took it for business trip to China, and the flights are always delayed!!! It happened to my friends too when they took China Airlines.

Comment

i took before, it was quite scary. Very bumpy ride I don't usually puke, but i almost did when i took China Airlines. However that was quite a few years ago, so don't know about now.

Comment

how about going by SQ...they fly to taipei too....definitely a better choice compared to the rest ...although its abit pricer but for the sake of safety...its worth it i guess

Comment

Originally posted by eneri
                            I'm planning a trip to Taipei but most travel agencies recommend flight on China Airlines. I'm very reluctant for obvious reasons -- don't want to risk my precious life... Anyone has any nice or horrifying experience on China Airlines or recommend a more decent flight to Taipei, please?
                            I never got a chance to fly.... thank God.

I was gonna take this airline and took a transit in Taiwan for a US trip. It was much cheaper, and I did not mind the transit (was a student then). However something told me not to confirm my booking.

The flight which I could have been in crashed into the sea. All passengers died, i think. I did no follow the news much, as I was really stunned.
                            I remember watching the news and was really stunned. Just mumbled "I could have been in it....."
                            No more that airline for me... never ever.

Comment

wow, Traveller, that piece of news is quite a stunner. Sounds like a scene out of Final Destination to me. Thank God!

My experience of China Airlines was alright. Took the flight alone to HK. Being alone, one would get rather sensitive to everything on board, especially turbulations haha!

Well, alright as compared to Turkish Air or some Indian or Saudi Arabian airlines, at least the stewardess spoke Mandarin so you wont feel so odd.

Comment

Working...
                              X