Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My solo backpacking trip to Europe

Hi all!

I will be going on a backpacking trip to London on 20th Oct.. My trip will be from 21st Oct (Arrive in London 530am) till 9th Nov (depart London 10pm).

my plan is to go from london> barcelona> rome>paris> back to london
    Is the above route ok?

as this is my first backpacking trip, i have trouble planning my travel routes especially with the flight from paris back to london. can't find any available flights from paris to london on ryanair.com =(

I need help

why don't you try the eurostar or take the ferry from calais to dover, england? eurostar fares can be located on their website. do a websearch. good luck!

Comment

just take eurostar from paris gare du nord to london waterloo train station or visa versa, it's only 2.5 hours away. Best of all, they are all in the heart of city area, all well connected by metro. And no hassle on checking in/out of your luggage.

http://www.eurostar.com/dynamic/index.jsp

Comment

Hi ChinoGirl, what is your budget for this trip? I'm also thinking of taking a long holiday Have you booked accomodation?

Comment

Hi Chinogal,

Me planning a trip to London too.

How much did you pay for the tickets? Accomodation?

Somebody recommended Wake up London .

Comment

chewie> my budget is about 5k plus my air tix to singapore...after some thought, i might have to skip rome, do not wish to rush from one country to another by *** spending 3 to 4 days in each country

traveler>im taking qantas direct flight to london(return trip)..plus taxes it adds up to S$ 1155

anyone can advise me on how to book eurostar ticket from singapore? the local distributor stated on eurostar website is as follows
            Travelex Singapore Pte Ltd
            50 Raffles Place
            #01-02 A/B Singapore Land Towers
            Singapore

so do i call this agency up to book eurostar tickets from paris>london?

my trip will be london>barcelona>paris>london ...not sure if this is the best route yet..still have to check out the prices from ryanair.com..since my days in each country is lengthened

Comment

traveler>i have not settled accomodation yet "P

Comment

Yah, you can get your tickets direct from Travelex. I did that for mine. I didn't call to book. I just went and book.

Comment

Just called up the local office to check the rates.
                  Is USD 160 per pax for the dates that I want to go.
                  Very exp....
                  Will cost more than SGD 500 only for return train tix.
                  I may stick to only Paris...

Comment

It will be cheaper if you book very much in advanced. Be prepared to pay many more for last minute bookings.

$500+ is expensive for ?train? tickets. But it?s all worth it. Do try to go London if you are already planning for Paris, trust me, you won?t regret it.

Comment

ChinoGirl, admire your courage and envy your backpacking trip. Way to go! Just be careful and enjoy your once-in-a-lifetime holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by ChinoGirl
                        Hi all!

I will be going on a backpacking trip to London on 20th Oct.. My trip will be from 21st Oct (Arrive in London 530am) till 9th Nov (depart London 10pm).

my plan is to go from london> barcelona> rome>paris> back to london
                        Is the above route ok?

as this is my first backpacking trip, i have trouble planning my travel routes especially with the flight from paris back to london. can't find any available flights from paris to london on ryanair.com =(

I need help
                        =) you are going to have lots of fun! I just came back from a solo trip to Europe too =)
                        your train tickets are going to be quite expensive because inter-countries so maybe good idea to take budget airlines to save time also, but usually airports are situated away from city centres, trains will take you right into town.

For London which i went in 2004, I stayed in some hostel near victoria train station, cant remembered the name.
                        Rome, I stayed in Pension Cressy but try to avoid hostels near the statione termini, not very safe especially at night. =) HTHs

Comment

ChinoGirl,
                          You remind me of the time when I backpacked alone to Europe, it was fantastic ! I think everyone should do this at least once when they are young.

You should not skip Rome for anything ! There are so many famous things to see in Rome. I find it better than London and Paris. You should skip Barcelona instead, it is really quite out of the way. There is nothing much in Barcelona, unless you are a fan of Gaudi's architecture.

If you are only travelling to these major cities, why not consider flying ? Going by train really takes a lot of time. Take a look at this article.

http://www.frommers.com/deals/airfar...nt%20Airpasses

Hope you enjoy your trip. Remember to post your travel story here !

Comment

Hi Linggy,
                            How is your trip ? You went to Holland right ? Did you enjoy yourself ?

Comment

Hi girls! thank you all for your encouragement!i hope i survive through this..

with a 20day trip (20oct to 9nov), i am planning london>barcelona>rome>paris>back to london

however,i find that the air tix price from london > barcelona on ryanair.com is a bit expensive @ 69.34 GBP for 2 persons =/ (if my bro is joining me)

im open to suggestions on the countries which are more economical (by flights) to visit from london.i can even skip barcelona and visit it some other time.heh

yep,so with a 20 day trip, where should i go from london?

kept on getting stuck in this...i'll never get around to planning for accomodation.pls advise!

thank you ")

Comment

Working...
                              X