Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for budget short getaway during Monsoon season!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for budget short getaway during Monsoon season!!

Planning to go on a short trip after my exams, but the monsoon season is here and even though I really want to go to a beach resort, I think the idea is not practical!! Anyone has been to any beach resorts during the monsoon season? Any feedback?

Any suggestions of where I can go? Probably for 3D2N, budget probably $300-400..

east coast of malaysia should not be affected...

if you dont mind the long journey...
    you can try pangkor..
    its an island near ipoh...
    went in dec quite some time back.. and it was not raining..
    there's pan pacific hotel there.. thou i dont remember the price

note : there is another similar name "pangkor laut resort" or something like that which is a super expensive luxurios resort.. so dont get mixed up..

alternative, port dickson (between malacca and kl)
    there's a few beach resorts along the coastal line...

Comment

There are actually quite a few places you can go to. For instance, KL. Either drive up or take the coaches and there are lots of reasonably prices hotels to stay. You can go shopping and try their local ice-cream brand - lecka lecka. It's yummy!

Alternatively, you can still take a ferry and go to batam for some super duper cheap massages. However, beware that there's 0 shopping around. accomodation is also cheap.

Places like Malacca should be quite reasonable too and do check out the hotel puri there! The authentic noya ambience and cozy setting is to die for.

Otherwise, there's always Bangkok, though it may bust your budget a little. Try sourcing for some cheap flights online and there's lots of cheap accomodation. Try backpacking and it should bring down the costs even futher.

Hope I have been of some help! Have fun!

Comment

there is DArwin as well!!I just saw the tiger promotions.

Comment

It's high season in Phuket and Krabi during Dec so weather should be great there for a beach getaway.

Comment

Thanks whitefrost and amelia!! Actually just went to people's park centre today to look for cheap holiday deals.. I guess I'll end up going to kl and gentings, which is quite typical (and boring) since I have been there too many times!! Anyway shld it be the east coast affected rather than the west coast? still the monsoon winds are blowing from.. the north? returned most of my geography knowledge to my teacher

Anyway thanks again!! Trying to make my holiday more exciting than what I have in mind.. .

Comment

try bukit tinggi???
              its a french village in a mountain off KL...

Comment

i second bukit tinggi. but be warned that there isnt so much excitement!

Comment

yup.. more of a "sit back and relax" kind of place....

Comment

I cant seem to find much info on it... What kind of things are there to do there?

Comment

How many of you going? after exams? O/A/uni?

Comment

Actually just 2 of us.. Just for a holiday after exams.. Im in Uni now

Comment

How about Kukup chalet? the seafood is yummy and cheap!

some pics to share

Comment

Originally posted by xangelicj
                            I cant seem to find much info on it... What kind of things are there to do there?
                            http://www.btresort.com.my/

http://www.malaysiasite.nl/bukittinggieng.htm

Comment

Originally posted by xangelicj
                              Actually just 2 of us.. Just for a holiday after exams.. Im in Uni now
                              Ic.. then Bukit Tinggi might be a bit quiet, unless you really want to go to REST.

Penang? got beach and got food! Depending on how adventurous you are, Langkawi can be cheap also if you DIY.

Comment

Working...
                              X