X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vera Wang

http://www.style.com/styleapps/MSD/t...S2003RTW_VWANG

http://www.verawang.com/campaign.cfm?i=5

Enjoy the above! I saw 1 or 2 that *may* flatter me (plunging necklines ahaha), good thing I've tried some styles and know what looks hideous on me (although slightly different mermaids from different deisgners have slightly different results)... alot depends on slight variations of cut and different fabrics.

I *cancelled* my appointment to try/ see some Vera Wang gowns cos I feel intimidated by the price-tag. Sigh. Cowardly me.

I was told by a competitor (err... ok, nahh not in that league), an admiring bridal boutique that her gowns cost upwards steep end of 4-figures... if I can't afford Ted Wu, I can't afford Tan Yoong, and I sure can't afford Vera Wang!

But he told me Vera Wang fabrics are seriously superior and unavailable in Singapore market. To touch is supposedly an experience, let alone WEAR... pity I can't garner enough courage to turn up for the appointment, sigh.

I popped by URS shoes and found the pair the Tan Yoong client was going to wear for her wedding the whole day and night... $30 on offer. I calculated, she's dropping high end of 4-figure sum on her gowns... rental... I don't get it! I tried the shoes and seriously uncomfortable, if you are going to drop serious money on the gowns (and her shoes show through the evening gown), why URS? *shrug* I'm just sour grapes.

Comment

Re: Vera Wang

Originally posted by champagne
      http://www.style.com/styleapps/MSD/t...S2003RTW_VWANG

http://www.verawang.com/campaign.cfm?i=5

Enjoy the above! I saw 1 or 2 that *may* flatter me (plunging necklines ahaha), good thing I've tried some styles and know what looks hideous on me (although slightly different mermaids from different deisgners have slightly different results)... alot depends on slight variations of cut and different fabrics.
      Hi, I'm a newcomer to CC. Your post caught my attention because I was sourcing for bridal boutiques last year too!
      TY is nice, 2 of my friends are using him. Also personal taste, he's kinda not my style.

What other boutiques have you narrowed your list down to?
      Did you try Silhouette/Flamingo/TWP etc?

Hope am not intruding here...

Comment

This place feels great!

Vera Wang gowns are so expensive, but gorgeous! Erm, Champagne, an alternative is to show the bridal boutique which you sign up with, a pic of the design that you like and the designer should be able to come up with something close to that for you.

Comment

When my sis told me that she personally knew Vera Wang (Vera is her friend's aunt) and visited her in her NY aprt I nearly fainted.... and her friend got married last week and Vera gave her friend's wife (because my sis's friend is Vera's nephew) a USD30K gown as a wedding gift!!!!
          Last edited by Dubp; 08-09-2007, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Dubp!!

i am purple with jealousy! oh gawdddddd......

Comment

whoa, that's a really generous wedding gift! i would love to wear a vera wang gown for my wedding. such gorgeous fabrics and designs. i guess the price is justified by the quality.

Comment

Wow! she must have been a very happy & satisfied bride!

Comment

Oh WOWWWW! 30K huh....so envious....dont think I can ever afford a VW gown next time when i get married in the future!HAHA! But I like her style. Simple but elegant

Comment

Calling out Vera Wang fans!! I read from the ST that Vera Wang is now having 30% - 70% off. I can't remember when it's ending though.

Comment

It may hv ended yesterday. I went yesterday but wasn't that attractive cos the gowns are quite worned out. The colours have turned dull... One of the price after less was $2,000.00(not sure if it's Vera Wang's gown).. Design wasn't that fantastic...

Comment

Ended already? OK, thanks for informing, mayne_berlin. Anyone watched the biography on her last night at Central? She's an amazing lady!

Comment

Watched her biography at Central. She's so amazing! I literally drooled over all her gowns and dresses throughout the show!

Comment

Style Weddings

I bought Style Weddings yesterday. I read the magazine that it is advetising some Vera Wang's Wedding gown (fashion show). I love some of the designs, but my bf doesn't like all of them. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Queenie
                              Ended already? OK, thanks for informing, mayne_berlin. Anyone watched the biography on her last night at Central? She's an amazing lady!
                              Ack... been waiting to watch it, cannot believe i had actually missed it

Comment

Working...
                              X