cheongsams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheongsams

i'm getting a cheongsam tailor made for fun. need some suggestions though. i know i won't go for the traditional, printed stuff. i'm rather taken in by miu miu's and tom ford's collection of cheongsam dresses and tops. so, somewhere along that line.

1. would you go for sleeveless, cap sleeve or 3/4?

2. long/short?

3. actually, i might just go for a cheongsam top instead. top or dress?

4. footwear to match?

thanks ladies. your feedback would be much appreciated.

Re: cheongsams

Cap sleeves... look more delicate. Sleeveless reminds me of waitresses in chinese restaurant.

2. long/short?
    Hmm... tough one, long if u want more coverage, short if u want to show off your leggies...

I would prefer a whole dress... more chic.... a top tend to be more cheeena

4. footwear to match?
    Delicate mules

Comment

capsleeved.

2. long/short?
      mini.

dress!

4. footwear to match?
      strappy lace up heels.

Comment

Cap sleeves.

2. long/short?
        Depends. Long with a thigh high slit would be really sexy. Or have it micro-mini short, like i saw J.Lo wearing one.

Think dress would be much nicer.

4. footwear to match?
        Pointed mules.

Comment

Actually i already have this picture of a bare-backed cheongsam, will want to wear that for my wedding (if i do get married that is )
          tried on one sometime back and fell in with it...elegant yet sexy....hmmm....

2. long/short?
          I go for 3/4, with a slit to below the butt

3. footwear to match?
          Strappy heels with matching colours i guess...if not a pair of mules might be nice too~

Comment

thanks for the suggestions ladies! seems like most of you would prefer a dress for its chic and elegant factors. the top idea is slowly going out of the window. was just thinking i might get more mileage out of a top. but want to avoid the chinese waitress look. a definite no no!

pauline, bare backed cheongsam... phwoarrrr....

Comment

Re: Re: cheongsams

Personally, I don't think a cheongsam top is a total no..no. Remembered seeing this feature of a lady with the Purple miu miu cheongsam top paired with jeans. Totally

Cap sleeves.

2. long/short?
              Short. Long makes me think of singers off the Bund in Shanghai Tang.

Really depends on what occassion you planning to wear that. More mileage if top.

4. footwear to match?
              Mules.

Comment

>>>cap sleeve

2. long/short?
                >>> slightly past knee with long slits

>>>dress

4. footwear to match?
                >>>Delicate Pointy heels

Comment

Oh I love the Miu Miu cheongsame style...

Cap sleeves

2. long/short?
                  both! short for fun and long for

I would go for whole dress.....no top for me.

4. footwear to match?
                  mules

Comment

hey dear, to make it more chic, try getting the cheongsam done in a completely untraditional fabric. think hawaiian prints and stuff.. :ROFL: v v this season. and it's rather tongue in cheek too!

i'd go with capsleeved or haltered, above the knee with slits, paired with strappy, sexy, high high heels.

but that's me.

Comment

>>> Cap sleeve. Am thinking of Shanghainese type of cheongsam..so sexy!!! Also Lacy top stops below a few inches of shoulder above the bust level..nice.

2. long/short?
                      >>> Short. Hem stops just slightly over the knees. Preferably long slit high up to thighs. Sexy!

Dress. No top. I find it too strange.

4. footwear to match?
                      Sexy, Strappy high heels.
                      Last edited by dolphin; 17-06-2003, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat

pauline, bare backed cheongsam... phwoarrrr....
                        bare-backed cheongsams are really GORGEOUS....together with the high neck and all....classy....

think Zhang Ziyi wore one for some award ceremony sometime back??

Comment

she looked really sexy... can't remember which designer dressed her though.

i really like one of miu miu's cheongsam. but the fashion mags kept featuring it and i didn't want something that recognisable. but i really like the design and would definitely go for something unconventional.

thanks for all the suggestions again. at least, i've a much clearer idea now. when my friend told me about her cheongsam "lobang", i had visions of maggie cheung in that movie "in the mood for love"... something like that. can't recall for sure. she sure looked elegant and classy but we're talking about maggie cheung here. michannat is no maggie cheung. darn!

thanks for taking the time to give me feedback.

Comment

^5, Meow and Mich. You ladies like the Miu Miu cheongsam too? I still can't make up my mind between the purple or green one. Probably by the time I do, it's out of season

Comment

hi dimples, i saw the purple one in the mag. i like the side tie. it even has matching bags. but it has been featured too often! i also like prada's off white silk cheongsam top. cap sleeves. it was paired with a pleated, slightly flare navy skirt. the top wasn't fitting like most cheongsams tops would be. nice! but $$$

Comment

Working...
                              X