Outfit change at wedding dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outfit change at wedding dinner?

Is it really the norm for the bride to change halfway through the wedding dinner? I was told yesterday that actually a lot of guests expect it!

Yes, that is the norm here. I have been to one wedding dinner where the bride changed her gown four times.

Comment

Ah good! Thanks Dimples!

It's a long story, but I was originally going to have only one dress (it never even occurred to me to change), until circumstances dictated that I needed to get another dress for my photoshoot, and then one thing led to another and I found myself buying the most beautiful ballgown today in addition to the evening dress I already have (and in addition to the dress that I got for the photoshoot)

I'm really glad to hear that apparently I'm *supposed* to change now cos that means I don't need to feel (excessively) guilty about spending more money on a dress I'm likely never to wear again!

In fact my cousin (who got married 4 or 5 years ago) even suggested that I wear my wedding gown first (without the veil and with the train hooked up), which means I'd wear THREE gowns at the dinner, but I think that's going to be too much for me...

Comment

Originally posted by chillipadi
        In fact my cousin (who got married 4 or 5 years ago) even suggested that I wear my wedding gown first (without the veil and with the train hooked up), which means I'd wear THREE gowns at the dinner, but I think that's going to be too much for me...
        Yes, dear. Usually the bride comes in to the dinner in her wedding gown first. I didn't wear my veil too but had the train hooked up as well.

Comment

Oh. Sorry, blur... all these things I never realised!

Maybe I'll do that then. But then again I didn't want a traditional 'entrance'... this dinner is becoming more and more traditional as time goes on!

Comment

Chilipadi, I do not know if this will help. Mine was considered a "traditional entrance" I wore my bridal gown without the veil for my first march-in, for the second march-in (for champagne pouring ceremony) I wore my evening gown. I changed to a third gown just before we see our guest off But the third gown thing is totally optional. I did that since I still had some time left to play with

Comment

it's really up to you on how many outfit change. i chose to wear the evening gown for the entire dinner. Reason being that i already had my march-in in church which matters most to me. So we did away with a 2nd march-in during the dinner. that gave us more time to mingle with guest and of course more opportunities for them to sabotage us

Comment

Vonnie, I think that's exactly what my cousin did!

Basically we weren't planning to have any march-in at all (like you, keiko, I'm already having a bridal processional in church at our wedding mass). We'd envisioned a quite informal, low-key dinner - we're holding it at Alkaff Mansion and it's going to be a buffet (don't know if that gives you some idea of what I mean?).

I think what I'll do is meet and mingle with the guests in my first evening gown and then change to the second one just before the speeches, cake-cutting, etc. (won't have a march-in though).

Thanks a lot for your input guys - have a much better idea of what's normally done now!

Comment

Wow! sounds really exciting darling...eagerly waiting for your pics so i can drool over them!

Comment

I will definitely post pics

Comment

chillipadi,
                      i was also thinking whether to wear my 3rd gown during the dinner. i got 3 gowns... one wedding gown, one evening gown and a tea dress (worn during the tea ceremony). in the end, i decided not to change into the 3rd gown during the dinner as i was too exhausted.

Comment

Originally posted by keiko
                        it's really up to you on how many outfit change. i chose to wear the evening gown for the entire dinner. Reason being that i already had my march-in in church which matters most to me. So we did away with a 2nd march-in during the dinner. that gave us more time to mingle with guest and of course more opportunities for them to sabotage us
                        hoho i did the same except i wore my wedding gown for the entire dinner

did the wedding vows and all the signing in front of guests just before dinner so had to be in proper bridal gown

i decided not to have dinner gown at all. plus i thought the bridal gown is so much prettier than any dinner gown i've seen

Comment

Working...
                        X