Wedding dinner - Hyatt Hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding dinner - Hyatt Hotel

I was shortlisting some hotels from my wedding banquet list and was thinking of Hyatt, Intercontinental ... anyone tried their food before? Any other suggestions are welcomed... thanks

I've been to Hyatt for a wedding dinner. Food was ok. Service and decorations were so-so, especially the service... not up to my expectation.

First, the waiters/waitresses carry the tableware over the guests' heads. Second, they just took away the dishes (obviously, there was still food on it) without asking if we were done!! Not even an eye contact... simply came to our table, take the dish and walk away before we can even react!! Third, the serving time for each table were different, example table one was served with dish 3, another table was serving dish 5!! Overall, they gave me a feeling that they were chasing us out!! As a guest, I just hate services like this.

But I think it's kinda hard to avoid bad services, 'cos most of the time, these waiters/waitresses are part-timer. HTH

Comment

I have attended a wedding at Hyatt before and I am not impressed. Food is average and slow. Waiters young and blur. When the wedding couple was on stage, they blocked the view of guest by standing around or busy serving (not very professional). Moreover, the ballroom is one with pillars, so some guests really can see nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygirl
        Moreover, the ballroom is one with pillars, so some guests really can see nothing.
        YES! YES! YES! I thought it's only me. The pillars totally blocked our view, plus the stage system (is it the PA system?? not sure what's the name) was poor, mic volume was low, etc. So our table (and some other too) couldn't even hear or see what's going on the stage. Just so stupid enough to put tables behind the pillars, the bride and groom couldn't see us, and we couldn't see them too. fyi, there was plenty of space in the ballroom.

* YES, I'm indeed a picky guest.

Comment

Tot I was a fussy person & that's why I didn't enjoy Hyatt.

Went to my cousin's wedding dinner in Hyatt last yr.....one of the worst I've been....food was no good & the service sucks....at the end of it (forward to current) the relatives are still talking about the dinner not worth the kind of money spent.

Comment

So where do you girls suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by Dubp
              So where do you girls suggest?
              hi Dubp, maybe u can indicate a rough per table budget and capacity requirement and narrow it down from there.

BTW, Intercon has good food and service...

Comment

Hi,

My budget is about not more than 750... Hotel intercon is good ar? That's one of my choices.... wat about Regent?

Comment

Hi,

My budget is about not more than 750... Hotel intercon is good ar? That's one of my choices.... wat about Regent?
                  spoken to 2 photographers who told me that they've always had problems with concentrating on their work when they work at Intercon as they were distracted by the food smell guess that's good rite ?

is food or ambience more important to you ? not sure if you know, but SB and FBO have a lot of feedback on hotels as well

Comment

I am also considering Hyatt as my venue. Candee, is it that bad? :huh: :roll:

Comment

Guess the both of us have to choose other venues... Queenie what other hotels have you shortlisted?

I'm looking at Grand Copthorne, Pan pac, Regent etc... which others are good or which one of the above is good...
                      Last edited by Dubp; 12-12-2003, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Queenie
                        I am also considering Hyatt as my venue. Candee, is it that bad? :huh: :roll:
                        Queenie, I am with Chris for this.... choose somewhere else

Comment

So sad ...getting married is such a chore....

Comment

Hey, don't say that Just take everything that comes along as an experience and enjoy your wedding preparations. You will only get sweet memories when you look back in future

Comment

sayang...its not that bad lar...just got to make some decisions after market research ultimately the wedding brings back a lot of fond memories ...

when's your big day ?

Comment

Working...
                              X