Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wedding dinner - Conrad Centennial Hotel

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wedding dinner - Conrad Centennial Hotel

    Hihi dolphin , planning to get married?

    I had my wedding on 21st Apr 03 ...hmm that wasnt too long ago was it ....I had church wedding in the day and sword ceremony + wedding banquet the same night at CONRAD ( near suntec .)

    Needless to say ...the whole affair was really grand but really zapped my energy ..... I was so nervous the nite before that i could hardly sleep at all.....:huh:

    Because my wedding happened around Apr and the SARS issue was really full blown back then... since the SARS incident has greatly reduce patronage from tourists, my father in law talk them into letting hubby and me use the president suite instead of the bridal suite , ....must say it really feels like being pampered like a princess staying in one!! ...

    I really like CONRAD polite staff and first class attentiveness.....

    So if U are interested do look for the Banquet manger at CONRAD called Jennifer Yong . Shes very friendly and accomodating.

    Okay ...for the menu we chose ... per table was about 1.2 K and the whole thingy was about 30 K ++ we had about 30 tables...

    Good Luck !!Hope this helps.




    Last edited by chocolate; 22-09-2003, 05:46 PM.

  • #2
    Queenie, Conrad is pretty good. I've attended quite a few wedding functions there, my review is, the food is pretty good, service is great, and the wedding suite looks good too

    the ballroom is spacious and pillar-free, ambience is just right. no much of a complain

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LizzyDizzy
      Queenie, Conrad is pretty good.
      I knoowww!! But but, Conrad's minimum is 240 guests.

      Edited to add: Minimum is 20 tables.
      Last edited by Queenie; 22-12-2003, 03:14 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Queenie
        I knoowww!! But but, Conrad's minimum is 300 guests. I only have 280 so far.
        my friend had hers at Hilton and the service wasn't good either. however, she threw her wedding dinner together in 1 month!

        Conrad is much nicer, and the food is pretty good.

        Queenie dear, if you really like Conrad, why not just pay the min of 30 tables and negotiate for better food / wine at the head tables and have only 28 tables set? You will have more room space this way too =)

        correct me if i'm wrong but your wedding is in August next year so i'm sure another 20 people will pop up on your invite list by then! if not, i'm sure the cotters would love to gate crash your beautiful wedding

        edited to say : errr if the cards are already sent.. ignore my ramblings....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Queenie
          Snowstar -> I would to have Fullerton but the minimum requirement is 38 on weekends and 35 on Fri and Sun. Yeah maybe I should ring up Conrad again.

          it's only a difference of 2 tables. maybe can get nicer flowers, better food etc.

          gosh 38 tables??? where on EARTH do couples find all these friends to invite? ok.. if i get married, i'll have to invite the entire CC to attend!!!!

          i would to attend but nothing to wear!!! ARGHHHHH

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by snowstar
            if i get married, i'll have to invite the entire CC to attend!!!!

            i would to attend but nothing to wear!!! ARGHHHHH
            Hahaha the entire CC?

            Oh dearie, it's still a looonngggg way to go.

            I've just received Conrad's e-mail. The only date they have for me is already tentatively booked. :choice:

            Comment


            • #7
              that is terrible! how early do people plan??????

              who was the person you spoke with? i had 2 separate friends who used Conrad this year. One of them mentioned that one of the ladies was inflexible. However, her supervisor was much more accomodating.

              Tentatively book??? grrr... tell that person to make up their mind!!!! i hope Conrad gave them a "deadline" to decide.

              OT but where would you suggest I go to look for clothes for attending a wedding? i went to 4 this year and im out of formal dresses!!! wedding in late Jan.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by snowstar
                that is terrible! how early do people plan??????

                who was the person you spoke with? i had 2 separate friends who used Conrad this year. One of them mentioned that one of the ladies was inflexible. However, her supervisor was much more accomodating.

                Tentatively book??? grrr... tell that person to make up their mind!!!! i hope Conrad gave them a "deadline" to decide.

                OT but where would you suggest I go to look for clothes for attending a wedding? i went to 4 this year and im out of formal dresses!!! wedding in late Jan.
                Maybe a year before. It's Judy (the catering manager). Who's that your friend mentioned? If it's not convenient, can you PM me please please please??

                Yup, just gonna pray very very hard that the couple give up.

                As for dresses, you might wanna check out Daniel Yam (heard they got pretty decent formal dresses) or the Fashion forum.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Queenie
                  Maybe a year before. It's Judy (the catering manager). Who's that your friend mentioned? If it's not convenient, can you PM me please please please??

                  Yup, just gonna pray very very hard that the couple give up.

                  As for dresses, you might wanna check out Daniel Yam (heard they got pretty decent formal dresses) or the Fashion forum.
                  I personally recommend Conrad too, i like the posh stairway that leads to the ballroom, makes the entire wedding very grand.

                  Another good venue to consider is Four Seasons. The service and Food is also very Good.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Queenie,
                    Judy is really nice. Guess what u can do is to put pressure on Conrad and tell them to push the tentative booking for an answer. Tell them u've a check ready for them for their deposit.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I agree with demigoddess1512 about Four Seasons.

                      I got married there and was treated like a princess.

                      The whole dinner went very well and they even have a waitress who specially attends to me.

                      On top of this, the ballroom was so lovely, I was in awe when we marched it. It was so beautiful.

                      They also gave us a 2 nights complimentary stay at their ever so comfortable and pretty suite. Before the dinner, my girlfriends came by and we had a good time in the living room. It was really a very beautiful dream come true.

                      And that is not all, they knew as the wedding couple we didn't get to eat alot during the dinner and they surprised us with a delicious supper (complimentary too). On top of that, we still get our complimentary breakfast the next day. We had our breakfast in the comfort of our room and yes, they really know how to pamper us!

                      Finally, when it was time for us to pay, they came up to our room to let us settle our bill. Yes, they still treat us like the prince and princess we were at our wedding dinner instead of some normal people. It was lovely when they address me as Mrs Quah. It was nice to be called a Mrs so and so

                      And for all they have done for us, I think they are the best. We will definitely go back to them to celebrate the other beautiful moments of our lives.
                      Last edited by naughtygirl; 27-12-2003, 02:08 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by chox
                        Queenie,
                        Judy is really nice. Guess what u can do is to put pressure on Conrad and tell them to push the tentative booking for an answer. Tell them u've a check ready for them for their deposit.
                        Guess what Sweetie? Judy got back to me yesterday and I've got it!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hi naughtygirl,

                          Definitely agree with you on Four Seasons! I've attend my SO's brother's wedding there years back and I it too.

                          Back to the topic, have you attended any weddings in Conrad or heard any feedbacks that you like to add?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Congrats!!!


                            went to conrad twice this year for weddings. i really like the buffet desert - great variety and taste.

                            HOWEVER, i found it very confusing dear. at the end of a wedding, people usually queue up to shake hands with the bride and bridegroom before leaving. The buffet was placed outside the ballroom ( the area near the grand staircase ) so some people would be leaving and others getting more food! I had to *hunt* my friends down to say bye!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Queenie
                              Guess what Sweetie? Judy got back to me yesterday and I've got it!!!
                              yipee...so when's your AD then ?

                              let me know if can help in anyway me also looking forward to going back for our stay/dinner at Conrad...hehee

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X