Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Stories: Please Share!

How did your love story begin?
    Please share your beautiful stories of how you met!
    How long did you date before you got married?
    What was the first thing that caught your attention when you met your SO? What makes him/her different from all the others?
    Last edited by Aznbebe; 12-02-2004, 02:30 PM.

Re: Love Stories: Please Share! Caution: Love Is In The Air

Originally posted by Aznbebe
    How did your love story begin?
    Please share your beautiful stories of how you met!
    How long did you date before you got married?
    What was the first thing that caught your attention when you ment your SO? What makes him/her different from all the others?
    Great thread!

It was sorta love at first sight when me & Hubby first met. I was in my final semester of my Diploma course and he was in his introductory. First day of school he was late. He breezed into the class without a care in the world...this cute in a boy-boy sorta way guy, wearing a snug, gay-boy white tee...with the most awesome bod I'd ever seen. Great biceps, beautiful chest, six-pack, the works...all gorgeously chronicled in that killer tight tee. The gays in my class got all hot and fabulously bothered...the loner at the corner with the awesome bod...you get my drift.

I even made the lame pretense of acquiring all new classmates' contact details when all I wanted was just his. We chatted on ICQ...there was this initial pseudo love-hate thing going on between us. We would pummel each other with insults and sarcasm when deep down, we were really into each other.
    Strangely enough, we hardly talked to one another in class...instead all communication between us was through ICQ after hours.

Months after ICQ-ing, he asked me out for a show and makan. The rest, as they say (uh-oh, cliche of the century), is history. I fell in love with his Chandler Bing-type sarcasm, intelligence and wisdom. This is a guy who's 3 years my junior and superior to all my exes in almost every aspect. I love how he has the knowledge and a strong viewpoint on anything and everything under the sun (well, save for the entertainment scene, which he has zero interest in). He's normal at least (what I crave for) compared to my off-key, issue-ridden exes.

We dated for 2 months before living together and cohabited for 4 years+ before we finally ROM-ed last Sept. Now he's more flab than fab, but his smarts and sass keep me goo goo-eyed.

What about you, Aznbebe? Tell us your love story.
    Last edited by cate69; 09-04-2004, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Hi Cate69,
      What a beautiful story. Written beautifully too! I kept smiling the whole time I was reading it.

My story won't be half as good as yours probably because I'm not very good with words like you are but here goes:

I met my SO in highschool. My parents made me go to a Christian school and although I to this day hate that school (corrupt staff), I'm so thankful that I attended. Just like you, I first spotted him as he strolled into our homeroom. I liked him instantly but later found out that he was with one of the girls in my class. So I hid my feelings for him since I didn't think I would get a chance to even speak to him because he was part of the "popular" group and I was the newbie. Anyhow our friendship blossomed in the 10th grade by accident. We became best friends and would even write notes in class to eachother in a black composition book. I still never dared to tell him how I felt because I didn't know how he felt about me and because my friends were going after him. Instead I remained bestfriends with him and we helped each other cope with everyday problems and relationships.
      During our senior year, I had just gotten out of a horrible 2 year relationship and so did he. We were finally single at the same time but I still didn't know how he felt about me. My friend asked me to introduce him to her so I did and one night she called me at 3am and said "Hey he likes you". Since it was 3am I didn't realize what she had said but a week later I gathered what courage I had inside of me and told him that I liked him. He said that he liked me since the 9th grade but that I wouldn't take any of his hints. He was afraid of being rejected too!
      We've been together for 6 years now. We have been married for almost 2 years. I guess what makes him stand out from all the rest is that he is very humble and genuine. He has a very big heart and loves me unconditionally. He was the only one that I wasn't afraid to open my heart to.

Comment

Here's mine
        We've known eachother since Secondary sch times..He was in my next class and when I got to know him (Thru mutual bad company =P), i found out he lives in my next blk!Then on, we became pretty close, going to and from sch everyday, waiting for eachother if one of us have to stay on for tuition or detention classes..at that time I didn't know What i felt for him was more than friendship.Then slowly i got attached and he distanced away frm me.I was so infatuated with my then-bf that I didn't listen to my heart carefully : something/someone was missing.

1st day of poly.I stepped into my class for freshman orientation. I looked up and i saw HIM!Oh Gosh!Out of the 120 classes of Yr 1s, we got in the same class!We clicked right on, going to and from sch everyday..(deja-vu)However, there's 1 problem, he had a gf.A gf from our Sec Sch,whom he said had showered him with care n concern when he needed most.I knew i was beaten.So when i had to repeat my sch term, and he got on to a different class, i knew it was for the best.

Worn out from failed relationships, i saw him again,walking home.
        We chatted and exchange numbers.I was very surprised when i receive a call from him the very next day, and the next, and the next and next everyday.We meet out for dinners during wkdays.The thing is..he is still with his gf. They had been together for 5yrs.We went out, shopping, dinners and movies.But not even once did i dare to think further.We kept the Wkends for his gf..One day, abt 2 mths after we met, he ask me to be his gf. He told me to his gf, its graitude, and I taught him love.That he loved me 8 yrs ago.And i'm always a part of him.He told me he always smiled when he learnt from our frens that I'm doing OK. And he always slow dwn his pace when he passes by my Blk, hoping to catch a glimpse of me.I was so touched!

He told me he had always bear in mind what i told him when we were 15,"do not try to hold me back in life. Let me enjoy my freedom because if you hold any special place in my heart I will always come back for you. "

Bingo!8 yrs later, we're together, planning to get married maybe this yr or the next.This is what I call destiny!And I"m sure if 2003, we didn't work out, we would have met again in 2004, 2005, 2006,2007.+++++

Thks for reading.

Comment

Hi Sirius
          What a wonderful story! You two are truly meant to be! I hope you have a wonderful wedding too!

Comment

Beautiful love stories, Aznbebe and Sirius.

People fall in love under the most typical and atypical of circumstances. Don't you just love how two individuals can come together and share the rest of their lives with one another, even the unlikeliest?

I love to read about how people get together with their SOs. More ladies care to share their tales of forever lurve?

Comment

didn't know a thing about this fella until i saw the crazy madcap breezing through the canteen. he had a bad rep with his teachers for being very cheeky and was notorious for skipping lectures. he and my best friend were attached in 1996. i didn't like him for being so thick-skinned, so cheeky and so straight-forward. he used to point out all the pimples on my face, pinch my underdam dingle dangle and tease me endlessly about my bugs bunny teeth. in short, i hated him.

fast forward to end 2000

came back from australia. he and my best bud broke up but nevertheless, my 2 other female friends and him remained as solid friends. the 4 of us could go out for coffee and talk endlessly. over the years, he has become more gentlemanly, more well-groomed and less thick-skinned. but still a very cheeky fella at heart.

introduced lots of girls to him coz i thought he's such a nice guy and shouldn't remain single. saw him through a couple of relationships which didn't work out too well. and he did the same for me too.

but to cut a long story short, we got attached end 2002. after 8 years of knowing each other.

what sets him apart from other guys is that he's incredibly sweet and funny. he treats me like a princess and i feel incredibly lucky that i've found my SO in my best friend. i don't know if we'll end up tying the knot but i can't see myself with another guy after being with him.

that's my story.

Comment

Awwww...

Doesn't love like to unravel itself that way? Boy meets Girl. Boy acts obnoxious towards Girl to conceal his true feelings. Girl can't stand Boy. Time passes and feelings blossom. Girl realizes deep down she's in love with Boy. Boy gravitates towards Girl. The inevitable happens.
                Last edited by Glossie; 30-08-2005, 10:17 PM.

Comment

really interesting thread and great love stories !
                  cate - what you said about boy meets girl, boy acts obnoxious towards girl to conceal his true feelings etc., ALL SO TRUE !!!

April 2000
                  I met him through another friend of mine at work - was stationed here for about 3 months for some yucksy project and was seriously grouchy :piss: all the time. I thought he was a family man and 'cos everytime he walked by, I had this :piss: he thought I was the grouchiest person in the world

May 2000
                  We met each other in Bristol, UK - both of us were there on separate business trips so we decided to go have dinner together - it was hardly a date He was quiet throughout dinner, just guzzling glass after glass of wine while I had to babble on to avoid weird silences. Impression of him ? Not going anywhere We had drinks at my hotel lobby and boy was he OBNOXIOUS !!!!!!!!!! I wanted to him bigtime !

Oct 2000
                  He was posted to Singapore for work (nothing to do with me and we haven't been in touch) and out of kindness I decided to show him around Sgp. You know, where the grocery stores/shops are, what buses to take, the Transitlink card (before the SMART card days) etc., Since he was alone in Sgp, I decided to ask him along on outings with friends. We were seriously squabbling all the time - sarcastic remarks, merciless teasing, insults etc., - you get the drift

We started seeing each other regularing (somehow) for the next two months but I had three major hang-ups about him. Firstly, he was way older. Secondly, he does not have a head-full of hair and I have always had a "thing" about not dating someone with no hair (till this day, my friends still give me grieve about it !). Thirdly, we both work for the same company and in the same division - I have to work with the folks he was managing.

Xmas 2000
                  He came back to the US to spend Xmas/New Year with his family and I went gallivanting in London with my gf. Think S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G !!! Darn, I realised that I missed him ! :huh: and the silly fellow hasn't called once

1st Jan 2001
                  He called and told me he loves meeeeeeeeeeeee

We dated for around 5 months before he proposed.

June 2001
                  Location: Marin Headleads, San Francisco, overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge
                  Prelude: He started by telling me he loves me etc., etc., and I thought it was just the usual spiel
                  Main Event: He suddenly dropped down on one knee and pulled out a ring box and asked if I would marry him !
                  Finale: All I could say was "wow" (still starring at the ring ! )and he was still on his knees ! Finally I said YES !

October 2001 and December 2001
                  It was no mean feat to plan 2 weddings in 4-6 mths but we did it ! Wedding bellessssssss in both Singapore and the US.

We have been married for almost 2.5 years and still very much in bliss and in love

p.s. all my friends wondered what's up with the quickie wedding but nope, no juicy story here, there aren't any little ones running around !
                  p.p.s. and yes, no more hang-ups !!!

Comment

Hello michannat and j0s1e267
                    It great to see that so many people like yourselves have found your soul mate! It's great to read how everyone got together. It seems like that special person could be that person that you least expect it to be. Its great when LOVE binds two people together.

Here's to Love.. CHEERS!!!

Comment

Hi Aznbebe !

You have a lovely love story yourself ! It may have taken you and your SO a few years before true feelings were revealed but what matters most is that you are both together now !

Cheers to

Comment

Originally posted by j0s1e267
                        June 2001
                        Location: Marin Headleads, San Francisco, overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge
                        Prelude: He started by telling me he loves me etc., etc., and I thought it was just the usual spiel
                        Main Event: He suddenly dropped down on one knee and pulled out a ring box and asked if I would marry him !
                        Finale: All I could say was "wow" (still starring at the ring ! )and he was still on his knees ! Finally I said YES!
                        You lucky LUCKY girl! *silently gushing envy*

Hubby didn't even 'officially' propose to me. He avoided any topic of marriage like plague until one fine day, he just suggested, "Hey, since you're online, why don't you go to the ROM website and see if there are any good dates available?"

Geez leweez, how godawfully romantic.

Comment

They all have their own quirks and ways of asking us to marry them !

I was in shock because we have never spoken about marriage so it really came as an extremely pleasant surprise !

So what was your reaction when he asked you to look for ROM dates ???

Comment

Originally posted by j0s1e267
                            So what was your reaction when he asked you to look for ROM dates ???
                            I was pretty stunned becuz this is a guy who's been against the idea of marriage for as long as I can remember.

Maybe he knocked his head real good and lost his senses.

Comment

Originally posted by cate69
                              I was pretty stunned becuz this is a guy who's been against the idea of marriage for as long as I can remember.

Maybe he knocked his head real good and lost his senses.
                              I personally believe in this: There is no such thing as a commitment/marriage-phobic man if he has finally found the one who hold THE key to his heart for real. Commitment/marriage phobia is just a psycho-blabbler excuse.

Comment

Working...
                              X