Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Bridal Package

HI,
    I'm getting married by end of thid year and had just signed up bridal package at Santiago Bridal studio. Wonder if anyone here tried before? Wish to know their service / quality level.

Thank you.

Regards.

Good Bridal Package

Hi, all. I am doing my homework for bridal packages. I have some on my list. For those who signed up with these bridal shops, can you give me some advices & comments on that shop? Thanks!

My considered list:

1. Divine Couture
    #03-36/37 Mandarin Hotel Shopping Arcade
    Tel: 62357951/2
    Fax no: 62358586
    Basic Package: S$2.6K; S$6K - Very good package

2. Bridal Veil By Michelle HuiMin
    402 Orchard Road #03-24 Delfi Orchard
    Tel: 67386152
    Fax: 67347512
    [email protected]
    www.bridalveilonline.com
    Basic Package: S$2.5K; S$5K - good package

3. Frederick Lee's Bridal Creation
    Basic Package: S$4,588 ; topping up S$600 for keeping the Wedding Gown

4. Golden Horse Awards Bridal & Photo

Yishun
    Block 233, Yishun Street 21, #01-464,
    Singapore 760233
    Tel: (65) 6257 1018
    Fax: (65) 6758 5158

Tampines
    Block 802, Tampines Ave 4, #01-23,
    Singapore 520802
    Tel: (65) 6784 3105
    Fax: (65) 6784 3145
    [email protected]

5. Ivory Aisle Bridal
    402 Orchard Road #03-05
    Delfi Orchard Singapore 238876
    Tel: 67362510
    www.ivoryaisle.com.sg

6. Milan Wedding Collection
    39 Tanjong Pagar Road
    Singapore 088460
    Tel: 62251985
    http://www.MilanWeddingCollection.com

7. Santiago Wedding Studio
    Parco Bugis Junction #02-43
    Tel: 63372678

8. Silhouette The Bridal Atelier
    39, Stamford Road
    #03-19 Stamford House
    Singapore 178885
    http://www.silhouette.com.sg

9. Tan Yoong Brides
    #02-50 Lucky Plaza
    Tel: 67343783
    [email protected]
    http://www.tanyoong.com/
    Basic Package: S$5k, very expensive

10. Ted Wu
    77 Tras Street
    Tel: 63271241
    http://www.ted-wu.com

Personally, I like the wedding gown designs from Divine Couture, Frederick Lee, Milan Wedding Collection, Bridal Veil, Golden Horse Awards & Ted Wu. Too many choices, I can't decide...... :roll:

I think Ted Wu maybe out of my list since the price will be very expensive. My Budget is around S$4K. Is it possible to have a good package for that price? :roll:

Comment

I never had a bridal package cause I didn't want a banquet and the frills but I worked with weddings for quite a while, so here's my $0.02's:

If you don't want to exceed 4K but yet want a nice package completed with the works, then Ted Wu, BV, Frederick's are out. Unless you're willing to take the very basics and do without alot of things. Otherwise, be prepared to fork out at least 6K to get what most brides want. No point going to them only to have to scrimp on everything.

I'd say the 'brand' doesnt' play such a big part in the final product esp if your gowns are customised. So go for those places offering cheaper packages and get them to design according to your wishes.

But if you decide to take the plunge and scrap your budget in the end, my vote goes to frederick's or BV. Frederick is a superb designer that creates gowns that doesnt look anything like the conventional bridal dress, but you must have the guts and attitutde to carry it off. No pt going to frederick's if you don't plan to be different- that's where his talent lies. BV is great if you want to look super elegant. Clean lines, good quality fabric and Hui Min(the designer) has fantastic taste (very important factor.).

Comment

Originally posted by mango
        But if you decide to take the plunge and scrap your budget in the end, my vote goes to frederick's or BV. Frederick is a superb designer that creates gowns that doesnt look anything like the conventional bridal dress, but you must have the guts and attitutde to carry it off. No pt going to frederick's if you don't plan to be different- that's where his talent lies. BV is great if you want to look super elegant. Clean lines, good quality fabric and Hui Min(the designer) has fantastic taste (very important factor.).
        I went to Frederick Bridal website, really shock by the basic package offered. S$3688 is the cheapest, then follow by S$4188 & S$4588 without the big photo with frame still. I must admit that the price is really expensive for his basic packages, but his designed gowns are really beautiful & style.

I thought BV should be cheaper than Frederick Lee & Tan Yoong & Ted wu? because the basic package is from S$2.5K, even I top up to S$4k, I should be able to get a good deal? :roll:

I had just discussed with my bf last night. He is considering to have to package in KL maybe because my hometown is in KL. I need the evening gown to the dinner too....then makeup... hairstylist..... so troublesome....

Comment

Originally posted by Shon

I thought BV should be cheaper than Frederick Lee & Tan Yoong & Ted wu? because the basic package is from S$2.5K, even I top up to S$4k, I should be able to get a good deal? :roll:

I had just discussed with my bf last night. He is considering to have to package in KL maybe because my hometown is in KL. I need the evening gown to the dinner too....then makeup... hairstylist..... so troublesome....
          IMO, huimin's talent in the designing of her gowns can only be fully potrayed and displayed only if you allow her to customise your dress fully. To be honest, if you take their basic 2.5K package, you won't be getting very much of her style- then you might as well go somewhere else to customise what you really want. I've seen their collection of basic gowns, er..not very impressive to me, looks just like everyone else's gowns. The gowns she designed that left an impression in my head are all from packages that are worth 6K and above.
          But hey, no harm popping by to discuss this with her. Tell her your budget and see what is the maximum you can get out of it and see if its what you want. You can always opt out if its too little for you. Oh, one more thing, they have the handsomest men's suits! My jaw dropped when I first saw their collection of men's suits- divine!

I've also heard of brides getting their packages in Malaysia and getting really good deals. I guess you should know that place well since you're from KL. Then it only make sit even easier for you to bargain your way through. But are you holding it here or in KL? If you're holding it here, then it sounds really troublesome to get a package from so far away.

Comment

Hi Shon,

I was with WhiteLink. A very satisfied customer and happy bride coz I love my gowns and the service was

Like you, I was bound by my budget as well and hence couldn't afford the deisgner bridal gowns and packages (> $5k for custom made gowns and photo package).
            But I was glad i signed up with WL coz everything was included in the package (gowns, teadress, suit, photoshoot, bridal car + driver, corsages,etc) and it was almost fuss-free for us

Gowns were custom made hence I did my homework and share them with my designer and TA-DAaaa.... my dream gowns were born

HTH!

Comment

Oh, one more thing, they have the handsomest men's suits! My jaw dropped when I first saw their collection of men's suits- divine!

I've also heard of brides getting their packages in Malaysia and getting really good deals. I guess you should know that place well since you're from KL. Then it only make sit even easier for you to bargain your way through. But are you holding it here or in KL? If you're holding it here, then it sounds really troublesome to get a package from so far away.
              Oh, really? the handsomest man's suits.... I think my bf will be very interested in that....

Yes, i saw Style Weddings , BV got another outlet in KL if I am not wrong. Mango, do you mean the price will be cheaper there?? Then, i will consider to have a look there too.... since I will go back to KL every 2 -3 months.

Thanks for you advices, Mango.

How about Golden Horse Awards? I saw their gowns in the magazine, very good in embroided gown. Or they are just showing the highest price packages gown in the magazine....

Comment

Originally posted by poohgal
                I was with WhiteLink. A very satisfied customer and happy bride coz I love my gowns and the service was

Gowns were custom made hence I did my homework and share them with my designer and TA-DAaaa.... my dream gowns were born
                Thanks for your sharing, poohgal. I don't know why I don't like Whitelink at first. Maybe I got the impression that they are more pushy because they are so hard selling everytime when I passby their road show in Marina Square.

However, from what you mentioned, if I can get anything not more than 4K, I will consider. Do you mind to show your gown to me... ? I am keen on their gown now after reading your post. sorry for the trouble.....

Comment

Besides the bridal shops that I listed, anyone of you can share your experiences with other bridal shops here too. I am really appreciate on any comment & advices. Thanks!

Comment

Shon, I didn't know that BV has a branch on malaysia, so can't comment on price. What I meant was that bridal packages in malaysia should be relatively cheaper than in spore.

Bear in mind that what a company advertises might be very different from what they offer to the mass public. I know a couple of GHA brides, and the gowns are alright, but I personally think their style of photography is very 'chi-na' and outdated. Perhaps they took the basic packages, but I don't have much memory of seeing anything outstanding from them.

Disclaimer: Its been two years since I lost touch, so I might not be 100% accurate.

Comment

Bear in mind that what a company advertises might be very different from what they offer to the mass public. I know a couple of GHA brides, and the gowns are alright, but I personally think their style of photography is very 'chi-na' and outdated.
                      It's ok, Mango. Yes, luckily you had reminded me all these advertisement things. Now, I am thinking that I should emphasize on the photo skills / the customised gowns?

If I want to control my budget below S$4k, I can only choose one: either good customised-made gowns or good photography. If I want both to be good, it will definite hit my budget to S$6k at least. That's why, I should be more hardworking on doing homeworks in the bridal shops in Singapore & KL.

My elder sister signed up with a local bridal shop in KL for only RM2K+ . Although it is cheap, the wedding gown & evening gowns are for rental one, not customised made & the makeup & hairstyle was outdated & more "taiwan" / "chi-na" style. The photos are good but just that all these are not what I want. I want something different & more natural for the photos & elegant for my gown. ....

Comment

However, from what you mentioned, if I can get anything not more than 4K, I will consider. Do you mind to show your gown to me... ? I am keen on their gown now after reading your post. sorry for the trouble.....
                        Gal, went through my limited pics and cant find one that was taken close enough for you to see the gown clearly but can make do with one black and white one though...

BUT, problem is I still cant figure out how to attach it Went to FAQs but cant find the "Browse" button

To add...yes I agree these people will usually hard-sell at their sales booth and may be rather irritating at times.

BTW, my friend used Golden Horse for hers and was very pleased with them too I lurv her evening gown and the photos were also well-taken.

Comment

Originally posted by poohgal
                          Gal, went through my limited pics and cant find one that was taken close enough for you to see the gown clearly but can make do with one black and white one though...
                          No problem, poohgal. I just had lunched with my colleague who had her wedding dinner on Sept 2003. The advices given are:

1. Golden Horse Awards & Milan Wedding Collection are more to Taiwanese style for the gowns.

2. If I can spend about 6K, Divine Couture, Bridal Veil & Irene Creation will be a good choice.

For my budget, if it is only S$4K, Divine Couture & Bridal Veil is very difficult because Basic Package is about S$5k. She signed up for Divine Couture because she loves their designs so much. She paid about S$7K for everything.....

Comment

For my budget, if it is only S$4K, Divine Couture & Bridal Veil is very difficult because Basic Package is about S$5k. She signed up for Divine Couture because she loves their designs so much. She paid about S$7K for everything.....
                            Hi Shon, I have to agree with what your colleague told you.

My friend signed up with Divine JB. It's much cheaper than Singapore's and designs are similar (sexy bare-back gowns). Only thing she had to travel up to JB when she had her trials and fittings etc. If this is not too troublesome for you, it's another alternative to consider.

As for BV -> Their Simplicity Package is $4980 (the last time I went). Not sure if they increase their rates since then. You might wanna consider "up-ing" your budget a little if you BV's style. Honestly, Simplicity is good enough unless you lotsa lotsa crystals.

Comment

Originally posted by Queenie
                              Hi Shon, I have to agree with what your colleague told you.

My friend signed up with Divine JB. It's much cheaper than Singapore's and designs are similar (sexy bare-back gowns). Only thing she had to travel up to JB when she had her trials and fittings etc. If this is not too troublesome for you, it's another alternative to consider.

As for BV -> Their Simplicity Package is $4980 (the last time I went). Not sure if they increase their rates since then. You might wanna consider "up-ing" your budget a little if you BV's style. Honestly, Simplicity is good enough unless you lotsa lotsa crystals.
                              Thanks for your information, Queenie. It is very helpful. May I know where is the exact location for Divine JB ? if it is in the shopping centre near Malaysia custom, then it is very convenient for me to travel.

I am thinking to increase my budget to S$5K since I want everything looks nice at least, but not the best of course.... it needs more money than expect....

Yes, BV gown is very simple & elegant but my colleague warned me of the designer- Michelle. She said some people don't like her.... attitude or what ... I have no idea... :roll:

Comment

Working...
                              X