X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's Suits | Shirts

Shon Dear...

I found this...quite interesting.
    Maybe our grooms could have a wider selection now.

COLLARS

MORE COLLARS

Dear, I think the wing collared that those designers mentioned should be like this:

I think the wing-collared shirt should be similar to the normal long sleeve men shirt. Just that the collar is different. Yes, and also there will be some designs in front of the shirt near the buttons or what...... something like that....

In fact, bf's friend told us that it doesn't matter how the design of the front part for the shirt, as long as you can the right collar, then groom will look nice in the suit.

Ai..... I had stopped my planning for a while already because bf is sick since several weeks ago..... He is recovering now... Hope everything go smoothly after this...

Comment

I agree with u that the groom will look nice as long as the collar is right.

Oh Dear...Hope ur SO is recovering well. Better nurse him back to health dear....Sont worry..there is still a lot more time to prepare..health is more important.

My planning has also stopped for a while..coz i simply dont know what i should do next

Comment

I have been nursing him since 3 weeks ago. I am quite exhausted already now..... I have to cook, wash clothes, buy daily use stuff..... just like a housewife now. Boss said it is a good practice for me to get close to married life..... He is teasing me...

Today, Period comes..... Still ok but feel tired and no mood to work. Luckily, my workload is no heavy today....

Dear, some net friends told me that I can go to temple to ask for AD. Is it good? Or should I wait til end of the year , then my uncle checks for me? Very confusing now.... :roll:

Dear, maybe you have finished most of the stuff already, then got no much thing to follow.... That's why you are free now... don't need to rush on anything.. That's good.

Comment

Men's Suits | Shirts

For discussions of Men's suits and shirts here.

Comment

Ladies, u can try Raoul for some handsome looking shirts
            Last edited by poohgal; 08-06-2004, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Re: Men's Suits | Shirts

Originally posted by dolphin
              For discussions of Men's suits and shirts here.
              :wave: dolphin,

Tks for creating a new thread for this

Comment

Originally posted by poohgal
                Ladies, u can try Raoul some handsome looking shirts
                Saw some handsome shirts from Raoul. Shon Dear..maybe you can check the boutique out. Its located at Suntec City or Millenia Walk.

Tks PoohGal

anyone knows where can i get more unique handsome shirts,
                Kai from kai Bridal recommended that i get a more fancy shirt,

Like a shirt with pleats, ruffles, something more english kind.

TIA

Comment

Thanks, dear for the information.

I will check it out when I passby Suntec.

Comment

Hi,

Was wondering if the Men's Suit is bought or rented. Sorry ah, I have absolutely no idea. Personally, I have a business suit but I shouldn't be wearing that right?

How much to buy or rent? Is it common to do so?

Comment

Hi trailblazer,

My SO suit was bought at Hugo Boss. His is also a business suit. but according to my bridal studio.

he mentioned that its nice and i believe by dressing up the suit with a more unique corsage or getting an extraordinary shirt to match along will make the entire suit look more unique flavour rather than a business suit.

Its entirely up to your preference whether you want to buy or rent the suit. Ultimately its up to your budget.
                      usually people tailor suits instead of renting them, very seldom men suits are being rented unless its from your bridal studio

Check with your bridal studio if they think that your suit is suitable then its ok

HTHs

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer
                        Hi,

Was wondering if the Men's Suit is bought or rented. Sorry ah, I have absolutely no idea. Personally, I have a business suit but I shouldn't be wearing that right?

How much to buy or rent? Is it common to do so?
                        Hi, I think it is pretty common for grooms to rent suits from the bridal shop the bride go to. Usually, this is cheaper and also the groom can choose from several different types of suits. Most couples like it becos sometimes even the groom enjoy the several change of suits during photoshoot or the actual day (day & night).

As for us, hubby brought me my dream gown and himself his dream suit from Ermenegildo Zegna (a 3 piece tailor made).

http://www.zegna.com/lingue.htm?selez=0

This is definitely a personal preference thing. Just do what pleases you. My hubby wore the same one suit for photoshoot, church wedding and dinner (changing only his shirt). But, its a Zegna! (how many people can beat them in cutting, textile and workmanship?) and he look so good that day

As for prices of suits, I guess off the rack like G2000 will definitely cost less than a tailor made one (which ever tailor it may be).

My advise is go for what matters to you. For us, we wore what we love and get to keep them but spend less on studio photography (don't like posed pictures all that much). But there are many couples who are just the opposite, paid less for their gown/suit but lots for their overseas photoshoot. At the end of the day, there is no right or wrong, just what make you two happy

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygirl
                          his dream suit from Ermenegildo Zegna (a 3 piece tailor made).

there is no right or wrong, just what make you two happy
                          Totally agree with naughtygirl.

BTW how much did your SO pay for his suit from Zegna??
                          Was it a made to measure one or off the rack??

TIA

Comment

Hi demigoddess, that was 4 years ago. I believe he paid less than $2k for his 3 piece. It was made to measure.

Comment

Any one got contacts for a affordable tailor for men's suit ? I wanted to get one for my father. If you have contacts, kindly share . Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X