Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olive Suite

Tiemmie,
    u may like to check out olive suite at delfi orchard for rom dresses. They're really very pretty!!! like those little angels sort of satin knee length dresses, good for bridesmaid too. I'm so envious of u guys roming and staying in sg, u get to buy flat and decorate!!!
    Last edited by dolphin; 07-07-2004, 11:03 AM.

just to update all of u.

i went to olive suite yesterday... well was rather disappointed.. maybe i expected too much.. the dresses that was shown in the female brides magazine looks simple sweet nice.. thought i would see more varieties at their shop but sadly not.. mostly just different colours and "interchange" with ribbons or flowers accessories.. but the sales assistant was nice even though i was just browsing..

Comment

Oh dear so sorry to hear that. What's their package like? So which BS will you be visitin next?

Edited for long quote
      Last edited by dolphin; 01-07-2004, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I have split the thread. Please avoid going out of topic and keep relevant discussion in the respective thread.

Thank you for your co-operation!
        CozyCrew

Comment

dear fates

i didnt really bother to ask them as the offerings were limited i thought..dunno if i went there too late (about 6+pm) some of the dresses like it has been worned and not ironed; does not have the brand new look feeling.

They are off the rack and about $200 - 300. They do MTM as well. Actually their simple short dresses are ok. really plain and simple. But i had expected more variety from them..

at the moment, i dont have any BS in mind yet.. cos im only thinking for what to wear for solemnisation.. not for the actual wedding banquet thingy. looking for some casual, simple sweet yet elegant in a certain way. (crazy,demanding ain't i * ) I'm hoping to have outdoor solemnisation, maybe somewhere near the beach? but nothing has been decided cos i havent start looking for venue!

Comment

Olive Suite

Hey, my soleminisation is in May. I wonder anyone get their dresses from Olive Suite in Defi orchard? May I know how long does it take to MTM dress from there and how much did you pay for it? And any photographer to recommend for the ROM day itself, preferably not more than $300? I'm sure those who got their dresses from Olive Suite, will have to get a separate photographer as well as Olive Suite does not have a package. For those brides who have their ROM and AD done on the same day will not be so stress like me now as the photographer from the bridal shop will take care of it.

Really do need some help here. Thank you so much!

Comment

Hi dear, I think you should visit www.singaporebrides.com.sg to get more information.
              Am not sure whether there's reviews on Olive Suite but there's a lot of PG for ROM reviewed there.
              $300 is a good sum for 2 hr PS on ROM.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks pinkdewy!

Comment

My ROM dress is from Olive Suite, way more than $300 because i had mine MTM. Took about 1.5 to 2 months for MTM. I don't remember them having a ROM package with photography. OTR ones are around $200 plus. But they provided great service.

Comment

Hi enternity, thanks for sharing with us. My budget will be $300-$400. Actually, does it matter if it is MTM or OTR, they will still alter for us even it is OTR? OTR also means renting it right? And is there any hidden costs?

Comment

It's also depends on how elaborate you want your gown to be and also the fabric, thus prices varies. You can buy those readily available ones and they will alter for you and it's yours to keep. Faster too since they only need to alter. Rental wise i'm not so sure.

Comment

superbum
                        OTR in this case means buy a dress that is hanging off the rack. They can do alterations but not sure of charges or FOC. It is not rental. I doubt Olive Suite rents.

You should consider buying anyway because OS dresses are quite wearable for other occassions. And the cost of buying will be similar to renting from other shops.

Comment

I love their little dresses.... although, I'm not getting married any time sooner The owners are also Carnival & Co. cupcakes owners All their stuff are so lovely and sweet!!!

Comment

hi ladies I'm interested in getting a mtm gown from Olive Suite. Could anyone kindly share their experiences with them? Please also advise if MTM means you get to bring the gown home? Thanks much!

Comment

Working...
                            X