Diamonds are forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamonds are forever

found a great website to do your research before buying those rocks especially with the aggressive marketing of local retailers these days, you should be armed with all the info you need for your solitaire, good luck!

yeah but i guess it's important to know what you're buying as i see sooooo sooooo much marketing by jewellers claiming to specialize in diamonds these days, it's hard to tell what you're getting.

one reason i started doing my own diamond research was becuase it was really confusing me that there are more and more shops selling commercial grade and natural diamonds side by side so there are really cheap diamond jewellery going for like less than $50 but those priced real high as well!

there are some great GSS diamond deals now going on btw. i just bought a bracelet and am shopping around for a nice pendant for daily wear now, hoping to get a bigger one but not too big

Comment

Hong Kong has very nice diamonds too. Those big shops such as zhou Xing Xing etc do sell good quality diamonds at very reasonable prices. Forget about Meyson, Diamond Industries in Singapore :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by ginger
        Hong Kong has very nice diamonds too. Those big shops such as zhou Xing Xing etc do sell good quality diamonds at very reasonable prices. Forget about Meyson, Diamond Industries in Singapore :roll:
        I 2nd this! Zhou Sang Sang and TSL are the bigger names to go with ... I've been told that the diamonds in Asia "route" thru HK first...***'s why its better priced. Just hearsay though...

Comment

Originally posted by chox
          I 2nd this! Zhou Sang Sang and TSL are the bigger names to go with ... I've been told that the diamonds in Asia "route" thru HK first...***'s why its better priced. Just hearsay though...
          It is cheaper, in Singapore my hubby's aunts are in the diamond business and the prices they give us, are comparable to what we buy in Hong Kong. The service was fantastic! and the range is very good too!

Comment

I should be a tad ashamed to say this. Funnily, my fiance has a better knowledge of diamonds than I do. He would be the one asking the SA lotsa questions, like colour, clarity etc etc. I just sit back & try the diamond pieces.

Comment

has anyone came across pink diamonds in singapore? just wondering whats the price range...

Comment

larry's lazare

after so many years of having 'the girls' best friend'.. i can't deny & must recommend u guys to go for larry's lazare ... they have the best fire & more on the pricey side if u go for designs but if a normal solitare.. its more worthwhile than other diamonds..

don't believe me? go try one at larry itself...

cheers

Comment

opinions needed...

would you consider a 1 carat emerald cut canadian diamond which is H colour with vvs 1 & 4 pink round diamonds (total 0.5carats) set with the diamond in the middle & flanked by 2 pink diamonds on left & right side of the diamond for AUD $20,000?

Comment

for me,

i dont take any anything that goes beyond F colors....

Comment

Re: larry's lazare

Originally posted by SMOKEYeyes
                      after so many years of having 'the girls' best friend'.. i can't deny & must recommend u guys to go for larry's lazare ... they have the best fire & more on the pricey side if u go for designs but if a normal solitare.. its more worthwhile than other diamonds..

cheers
                      yes i totally agree.
                      engagement ring is from larry's lazare collection. super twinkly

Comment

check out the destinee diamonds from lee hwa - pricey but the hearts & diamonds cut really sets the stone out to be very very very very very sparkly!

Comment

Re: larry's lazare

Originally posted by SMOKEYeyes

cheers
                          I don't want to boast but my future husband propose to me with a Lazare diamond ring last year.

Actually, I am pretty blur when it comes to diamonds. To me, diamonds are diamonds. But when I saw the word "Larry" printed on the ring box, I cried non-stop because I know it cost him a bomb!

Anyway, while we were back in Larry to alter the ring size, I did take a look at the diamond carefully. Besides having it's own serial no, it does seen to be much brighter than other non-Lazare diamond.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebubble
                            check out the destinee diamonds from lee hwa - pricey but the hearts & diamonds cut really sets the stone out to be very very very very very sparkly!
                            Ya! 2nd this! My hubby just bought me a trilogy Destinee pendant in D colour and it's so sparkling
                            It has a 100% trade-in value within two years too!

Comment

Originally posted by nutty
                              opinions needed...

would you consider a 1 carat emerald cut canadian diamond which is H colour with vvs 1 & 4 pink round diamonds (total 0.5carats) set with the diamond in the middle & flanked by 2 pink diamonds on left & right side of the diamond for AUD $20,000?
                              Well, Canadian diamonds are overpriced and the cut cannot be compared with Belgium and HK. Pink round diamonds are pretty expensive by themselves. It all depends on how much you're willing to spend and how it looks to you - pink diamonds look quite washed out to me. I'd rather pay the same price for a 1 carat, brilliant (round) cut, D-E color, flawless.

Comment

Working...
                              X