Dream Engagement Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Engagement Ring

Thought i'll start a thread on our dream engagement ring.

i absolutely love this 2 rings. cannot decide if i prefer the emerald cut or the round cut. hahahaahahah.... will definitely be a long time more before my SO will consent to buying me either one, but a girl can dream.

what is your dream ring like?

hmm u mean a wedding band or engagement ring?

Comment

Dearie, of course it would be a Tiffany 6-prong, 1 carat white gold one!

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
        hmm u mean a wedding band or engagement ring?
        engagement ring. the one with the nice big diamond.

Comment

ahahahha i have a tiny one from goldheart, my ma said the diamond is too small
          however i it to bits cos it is the first piece of jewellery bought for me!

Comment

Sannie, both Tacoris look great. Such designer settings out of my budget though. I have a simple ubiquitous setting (ie. drop it into a sea of most local girls' rings and you'd find it hard to figure out whose). But planning (for ever so long already) to reset it into my dream setting (I found online a vintage Tiffany setting you can't find anymore, I printed the pics out but of course, being me, there's some parts I want to tweak/ customise).

Hahaha, been leaving the pics lying around the study table but SO's pretending he doesn't notice them... it is quite a fussy setting and requires addition of 4 marquis, 2 brilliant rounds. So... well, probably must wait a long, long time. *hair turns white*

Comment

Originally posted by teiko
              Dearie, of course it would be a Tiffany 6-prong, 1 carat white gold one!
              platinium dear I asked they said their diamond solitaire rings usually come in that metal - better for anti-scratch too.

The Lee hwa guy told me the dofference between the 2 metals is about $400 a ring - say Tif's 30% more expensive it will cost another $500 bucks to have a hardier metal & it will not tanish - white gold will - saves the trouble of re-electro-plating it in future too.

Comment

Hi is Tifanny better or Cartier's solitaire?

Comment

Originally posted by kido
                  Hi is Tifanny better or Cartier's solitaire?
                  personally, i prefer Cartier. u can check out both stores!

Comment

some say that Larry's more worth it than Tiffany so check out Tiffany too. really irritating fellow said it in front of someone whose E ring is from TIffany!.

Comment

I prefer the one from Cartier too...but can't get the one I like. Says my ring size too small... size 5 need to order direct from paris. The half carat one is actually $14000 but to order from paris will take 6 months and $20000... not worth it right... Some more the ring will be so small the word "cartier" can't even be seen.

Giving up on Cartier already, guess we will only get our weddind bands from there ba.

Now my fiance is looking at Bvlgari, Tiffany (1 carat cost 13k but i thk will look too big on my fingers) or George Jensen... what do u all thk?
                      Last edited by kido; 17-11-2005, 12:19 PM.

Comment

IMO, Tiffany (they have a QC standard) diamonds are much better than Bvlgari. George Jensen's designs are fabulous but their pricing for diamonds is ridiculous!

BTW, what is the grade of the Tiffany 1 carat that costs only $13K? It's too cheap for a Tiffany!

You may want to consider picking a loose diamond that is certified if you're thinking of a 1 carat and choose the design you want for your proposal ring and get a reliable jeweller to set it for you. This will ensure that you get quality and yet not be ripped off by brand names! *hint: most jewellers can set the popular Tiffany 6 prongs diamond engagement ring and at least 30-60% cheaper than Tiffany!

For wedding bands, you may get it from your favourite brands above.
                        Last edited by shazzerlyn; 18-11-2005, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kido
                          I prefer the one from Cartier too...but can't get the one I like. Says my ring size too small... size 5 need to order direct from paris. The half carat one is actually $14000 but to order from paris will take 6 months and $20000... not worth it right... Some more the ring will be so small the word "cartier" can't even be seen.

Giving up on Cartier already, guess we will only get our weddind bands from there ba.

Now my fiance is looking at Bvlgari, Tiffany (1 carat cost 13k but i thk will look too big on my fingers) or George Jensen... what do u all thk?
                          kido, i got my wedding bands. we order to make from europe too as we got alot of time to wait but the price remain the same. why is it that yours is 6k more? dont they have stock other parts of the world? do you know that the price of cartier increases every year?

well, if you can get 1 carat at 13k at tiff, i tell you to go get it! a friend of mine got he lazare 0.9 ct at around that price orslightly more!!

Comment

same as teiko. tiffany's 1 carat solitaire, 6 prong, platinum.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                              same as teiko. tiffany's 1 carat solitaire, 6 prong, platinum.
                              Hi michannat, what's the damage?

Comment

Working...
                              X