Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Shoes -- Flats?

Hi there,

think I got to start a thread for this Wedding Shoes Flats since the other is for heels.
    =)

I've got a big problem here.
    My SO is shorter than me, hence have to get flats for my wedding.
    Been searching around in vain.

Any girls have any recommendations for flats which look really nice n girly with sequins beads whatever..?

Would prefer something like clog style or front covered heel lookalike kinda style.
    Not thongs.

Thanks so much.

Annabelle, if you don't mind casuals, your options are limitless! You can go for silver, other than ivory or white! (Provided, of course, that your gown is white and not ivory) Nowadays there're simply too many shoes with sequins or beads.

Perhaps you can also get a pair
    custom made. I'm not sure if Leapin' Lizard does flats, though.

Sneakers?? I think that'd be so !
    Last edited by Glossie; 24-08-2004, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Glossie [email protected]@

Yeah sneakers sounds really cool!!
      Sew my own sequins up?? Hehehe

Leapin Lizards customs 1/2-3/4 inch and above i think. =/

Actually thinking if i could get a pair of heels n just remove the heels. Hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by annabelle
        Actually thinking if i could get a pair of heels n just remove the heels. Hehehe
        Hi, don't think this is possible. If you look at a pair of heels (shoes) that is properly made in dimensions, there is no way you can walk in them if you remove the heels (they are simply not made for the heels to be gone).

My heels came off before, and I simply could not walk in them.

There are many nice flaties around. If I'm you, I'll probably get a nice ballet pumps. And sew on the sequins if you like them so much

Comment

girl!!

Hey hey ur idea's very cool too....
          sweeter n more demure than sneakers.

U have any idea where I can get ballet pumps?
          (what kinda price range?)

I'm a feet size 9 n have broad feet......
          Arghhhh what a chore!

Anyone,
          Any idea how long it should take for leaping lizard to complete a pair of custom shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygirl
            There are many nice flaties around. If I'm you, I'll probably get a nice ballet pumps. And sew on the sequins if you like them so much
            Yes, superb idea! I saw this perfect pair of shoes in Cleo. It's round and broad at the top, with lots of shiny stuff in front. Silver.

Comment

Glossie!

Did it state where to get those?
              where n how...much?

Thanks.

I called up leapin Lizard... said Satins n Sequins/Crystals mostly add to $129.
              Find the price still okay if I cant fin anything retail cos I cant visualise how it looks w/o the real thing.

Comment

My hubby and I are the same height - barefeet. I got a pair of almost-flat mules in a matt gold fabric from Isetan Scotts for our wedding. But that was last May

Wore that the entire day. I know it sounds odd pairing that with the wedding gown, but the gown covered the shoes, so nobody knew In the evening the shoes matched my evening gown. Oh ya, and during the outdoor photoshoot before the wedding, I was running around in my sneakers. A stranger saw and commented that it was cool

Comment

By ice at Bugis or PW has nice ballet pumps from time to time.
                  another place would be Gripz at FEP.

Good Luck
                  Last edited by Demigoddess; 26-08-2004, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                    Yes, superb idea! I saw this perfect pair of shoes in Cleo. It's round and broad at the top, with lots of shiny stuff in front. Silver.
                    This pair of shoes sounds lovely. I saw a girl with a pair of silver sequins ballet pumps yesterday. It even had a ribbon on the tip of the shoe. Thought it was pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by lilupig
                      My hubby and I are the same height - barefeet. I got a pair of almost-flat mules in a matt gold fabric from Isetan Scotts for our wedding.

Wore that the entire day. I know it sounds odd pairing that with the wedding gown, but the gown covered the shoes, so nobody knew
                      Actually, I don't think it's odd at all! Matt gold would go with ivory or off-white gowns PURRfectly!

Annabelle, I try to find out more about the shoes. Later.. :late:

Comment

Originally posted by annabelle
                        Glossie!

Did it state where to get those?
                        where n how...much?

Thanks.

I called up leapin Lizard... said Satins n Sequins/Crystals mostly add to $129.
                        Find the price still okay if I cant fin anything retail cos I cant visualise how it looks w/o the real thing.
                        Annabelle, the mag taked about a launch of an outlet by Anteprima under a brand "Plastiq" but it's about wire bags. The pair of shoes was pictured next to a bag. Erm.. well I only know Anteprima's stuff is totally gorgeous but they are as gorgeously priced

Comment

Maybe can also try Far East... they've got lotsa shoes there that are not so common... might find what you need!

Comment

Hiya,

Leapin Lizards takes only about 3 to 4 weeks for a pair of shoes. But I got some problem /w my recent pair of court shoes. So I need to bring them back for "troubleshooting"

I need europe size 41 to 42 so I am tired of looking for shoes in SG. Court shoes always scratch my heels so badly that I am seriously thinking of just getting a pair of white birkenstocks sandals for my wedding shoes. I mean, after the wedding, I can still wear them So that' will be good. Besides, I like to be unique. N being so used to flats and sneakers, I think wearing a pair of ballet flats or anything comforty will definately be better.

I did saw a bride wearing white sneaks before. But it was bc while walking down the asle, she lifted up her gown as it was too long.

Comment

Originally posted by AhCapp
                              I did saw a bride wearing white sneaks before. But it was bc while walking down the asle, she lifted up her gown as it was too long.
                              Whats bc??

Comment

Working...
                              X