Wedding dinner - Shangri La Orchard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding dinner - Shangri La Orchard

Shangrila's food is good, even though they had a foood poisoning incident yrs back, susequently many of my friend & I had a good impression of the food served.

However, i was told that a couple insisted on Shangrila against their parents wishes - as it was financially too much for the couple. If you can handle it yes. But assuming that they had zero $ or about $5k out of their own pockets, they were paying off the wedding dinner deficit 3 yrs into their marriage. 3 yrs estimate $500 a month $500*36 = $18,000 deficit? I am just guessing. There are also variables that they could have had other loans too that's why they took longer to pay off. But 3 yrs is too long right?

My SO also wanted Shangrila because of the prestige & the good food. I told him no no. Imagine we should need to cater for buses to bring guests in fromt he nearest MRT station. I always have the bad feeling that some guests might discount my ang pao if i made them take a taxi in. But my friends tell me "Not really they dont do that discounting!" But still - Thank goodness the above story was told by my future MIL so my SO had to heed it.

hi vit_c, when u planning ur wedding dinner?.. how many tables u looking at?
    if u gonna have a small crowd ( say about 20-30 tables), shangri la isnt recommanded coz the smallest ballroom is a little too big for that size, and wont look cozy....
    but if u looking at big crowd, and u got quite a bit of savings, it shldnt be a problem. the deposit for shangri la is 6k, the rest to be settled upon checkout, so i guess still got a little time to do some savings.

and ya... i find the location of shangril la not too convenient for my friends and relatives who dont have their own transportation. there isnt any nearby mrt, and if i were to cater bus to bring my guests in, i will have another thing to worry abt on the actual day (not knowing if there are still any guests not being picked up at the station)

Comment

my boss daughter had her wedding dinner recently at Shangri-La. Although i didn't attend it, i heard from my fellow colleagues that the service was really slow as each and every person in each table was individually served.

Plus, they served the roast pig before the cold dish, and the roast pig was a little cold. i thought it should be the other way round ie cold dish followed by roast pig.

Comment

It has been like 6 years since any one posted!

Any CC bride host their wedding there?

The perks they give for 2011/2012 are not bad...

They even have PERFECT CELEBRATION "shop" to customize wedding planning... Am in a dilemma now between intercontinental and them

Need reviews! HELP!

Comment

In the end HTB and me signed with Shangri-La!

I'm a Shang Bride-to-be!!!

We wanted to have that big ballroom where Christoper Lee and Fann Wong have theirs but can't as we can't hit Minimum 55 tables. We are looking at 40 tables only

Comment

Originally posted by Princessy_Love View Post
            In the end HTB and me signed with Shangri-La!

I'm a Shang Bride-to-be!!!

We wanted to have that big ballroom where Christoper Lee and Fann Wong have theirs but can't as we can't hit Minimum 55 tables. We are looking at 40 tables only
            I'm shang btb too, using their tower ballroom. Princessy_love, when is your AD? who is your coordinator???

Comment

Shangri-La's view is not to say, my friend is a wedding held at Shangri-La, I heard very good results
              Last edited by larrypage; 29-08-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

One of my employee's wedding dinner i attended they spend at medium range(around 80 to 90 people).Nice catering they hire at Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by sasa87 View Post
                  I'm shang btb too, using their tower ballroom. Princessy_love, when is your AD? who is your coordinator???
                  Hey! I just swop my date from 6th May 2012 to 5th May 2012. My big date 5th May 2012 Saturday. Island ballroom.

We manage to get the minimum so got that Island Ballroom!

My coordinator is damn nice! Stephanie Leow! Applause for her good service so far!

I heard by this Saturday all the prices per table will increase! The usual Weekend package of $1288++ increase to $1388++ plus if its a Saturday wedding another additional charges!

Me & HTB super HENG ARH!!! Very Happy I picked ShangriLa for my wedding!

Comment

Working...
                  X