X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which hand to wear?

hi hi everyone..
    just curious of something...
    which hand shld wedding ring be worn? left or right?
    how many rings must the guy get for the girl? i mean is it engagement/ROM need one then customary marriage also need to get one?
    pls advice..

hi hi kris,

wedding ring/band is worn on the 4th finger (ring finger) of the left hand.

technically when your guy proposes and you accept his proposal, you're engaged. the ring which he proposes with = engagement ring.

ROM = legally married so you'll need a pair of wedding bands/rings during your ROM.

hope this helps.

Comment

heard it is on left (4th finger) because there is a running vein from one's heart so it is to signify something.

Comment

vernis, signify love!!! and close to the heart!

Comment

yes, genuine love from one's heart. my DH said one. as a lady, i don't know....

Comment

it is believed by the ancient egyptians that on the 4th finger of the left hand, a vein leads directly to the heart hence explains why wedding bands are worn on the ring finger.

Comment

hi kris

wedding ring or engagement ring should be worn on fourth finger on left hand.

Usually, engagement, guy will propose with diamond ring (but not necessary)
              then ROM, guy + girl will exchange wedding ring (usually a band with or without diamond)

If your ROM date is not the same as traditional ceremony date, no need for an additional ring.

Comment

ha but ancient chinese ppl say guy on left girl on right haha so its both guy and girl on left? :/ wear wrong ha but mine is boyfriend girlfriend only not engagement hehe..

Comment

Originally posted by xiaoer
                  ha but ancient chinese ppl say guy on left girl on right haha so its both guy and girl on left? :/ wear wrong ha but mine is boyfriend girlfriend only not engagement hehe..
                  In singapore when you ROM, they will actually tell you which hand and finger it is. As bf/ gf, you can wear a toe ring for all anyone cares

Comment

Originally posted by xiaoer

that's what i heard too..but don't know if it true, so which hand and which finger should the girl wear? i'd got a friend who her bf propose to her already and she was asking me do i know which finger should she wear her ring at, i was in total daze :roll: cause i don't know how to answer, can any1 help?

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoGer
                      that's what i heard too..but don't know if it true, so which hand and which finger should the girl wear? i'd got a friend who her bf propose to her already and she was asking me do i know which finger should she wear her ring at, i was in total daze :roll: cause i don't know how to answer, can any1 help?
                      An engagement ring (e-ring) is actually a Western tradition, so therefore traditionally one should follow the western way of wearing the rings. The e-ring should be worn on the left fourth finger which is the ring finger. If you have a seperate wedding band, then the wedding band should be worn first (closest to the heart) then the e-ring.

However, as this is the 21st century, you really can wear the e-ring on whichever finger you want.

HTH

Comment

i don;t wear haha..too troublesome if i'm doing housework..haha

Comment

wedding band & engagement ring??

Hi

So glad kris85 started this thread. Need some help here!

I'm getting ROM in a couple of mths but rather confused about the rings....where should i wear my engagement ring during ROM solemnization?? Can i wear it on my fourth finger 1st and after solemnize follow on with wedding band??

Blurrr...rrrrr

thnx

Comment

note my friend had this problem she acutally wore a glove on her wedding day & the band was too small so she had to buy a silver one just for that day as props haha! but i think now with thinner material gloves might be ai ok! but just a thought you might need this tip.

Comment

Originally posted by redroses
                              hi hi kris,

wedding ring/band is worn on the 4th finger (ring finger) of the left hand.

technically when your guy proposes and you accept his proposal, you're engaged. the ring which he proposes with = engagement ring.

ROM = legally married so you'll need a pair of wedding bands/rings during your ROM.

hope this helps.
                              oh...no does that mean im married now?? my future mum inlaw place my engagement ring on my left finger...hehehehe...

Comment

Working...
                              X