X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Preparation Class

For newly-weds and those about to get hitched:
    marriage Preparation Classes in SG

This reminds me - I actually registered with the online course and I have yet to go in! SO's and my time don't meet at all. And now we're already happily married.

What's worse is that I have forgotten the password. :piss:

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
      This reminds me - I actually registered with the online course and I have yet to go in! SO's and my time don't meet at all. And now we're already happily married.

What's worse is that I have forgotten the password. :piss:
      Married or not... still good to attend them Karen.

Oh yes! Mind posting the website for on-line prep courses for other cotters?

Comment

Originally posted by Joce7878
        Married or not... still good to attend them Karen.

Oh yes! Mind posting the website for on-line prep courses for other cotters?
        idea! The website is http://aboutfamilylife.org.sg/

Comment

Marriage Preparation Class

SO and I have been attending Marriage Preparation Class by our church since Feb. We have found it to be really good and enlightening, and it really helps to address issues that we never get to discuss in our normal day to day conversations.

One thing we learnt is the once married, the husband must always side the wife, even if she might be in the wrong. This is because, mothers will still love their sons even if they make mistakes, but to reprimand their wives infront of their mother is a big no-no. They should only tell their wives where they went wrong when they are alone.

I wonder if other couples are also attending similar classes and we can share our learnings?

Comment

interesting! seems like common sense but sometimes you really need someone to word it out. My postor has requested for 6 months before the wedding 1 hr a mth as he knows that i & my SO are really busy at work.

I am looking forward to it.

But on my own i did rationalise that there is a reason to resolve quarrels before the sun goes down - or rather in our context before you retire for the day. - leaving it unresolved will slow eat you & cause a wedge in the relationship.
            Last edited by vit_c; 19-04-2005, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Yes I agree, never go to bed angry. In fact, there is this book by Gary Chapman I think every couple who are in serious relationship should read, its called The Five love language.

The book basically says that all of us have a primary love language out of the 5 where we feel loved by the person who love us with that language.

(1) Words of affirmation
              (2) Quality Time
              (3) Physical Touch
              (4) Acts of Service
              (5) Receiving of Gifts

For example if your other half's love language is quality time, no matter how many expensive gifts you give him, he would never feel as loved as if you would just spend some quality time with him alone just doing things together.

You can try to see which is your primary love language by trying this quiz:

Which love language are you?

I've found this book really useful in keeping our love alive!

Comment

Just sharing abit here. I read from somewhere that there's this couple that went for a marriage prep course before their wedding. After the course, they decided that they are not meant for each other and decided to call off the wedding. They were together for 7 years I think. It's such a pity. Sometimes I wonder whether will things be better if they did not go for the course. Sometime things just go differently...

Sorry, not here to dampen lovely ladies' moods ok? I personally think it's a fun thing to do and understand your partner more. I'll most probably go for it if I ever get married.

Comment

I do have a friend who did break out after they attend their Marriage prep class, but they realise it wasnt the class that cause their break out, but the class did make them realise that they are really not suitable as mate for each other cos their ideas on marriage is totally different. I guess knowing that before marriage is better than regretting it after marriage?

Comment

Agree! better regret before walking down the red carpet than later. I went for marriage preparation course with my hubby and we both find it enriching!
                    I still recommend that couples should go for marriage preparation course as there are many parts of each other's lives that both think both know of but may turn out otherwise. & you get to learn about areas pertaining to love and marriage and conflict mangement etc which we may have not discussed or shared between each other.

Comment

I'll be going for my MPC early this May. It's a compulsory for catholic couples to attend MPC before wedding. I'm looking forward to attend the classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewel
                        SO and I have been attending Marriage Preparation Class by our church since Feb. We have found it to be really good and enlightening, and it really helps to address issues that we never get to discuss in our normal day to day conversations.

One thing we learnt is the once married, the husband must always side the wife, even if she might be in the wrong. This is because, mothers will still love their sons even if they make mistakes, but to reprimand their wives infront of their mother is a big no-no. They should only tell their wives where they went wrong when they are alone.

I wonder if other couples are also attending similar classes and we can share our learnings?
                        The thing your learnt is very interesting. Kind of reminds of my mother who felt that my father always side with his mother. In the end, she kind of feel resentful.

I am thinking up of signing for such a Marriage Preparation Course. But my FH kinda of feels that we are going to a class where people tell you what to do in a marriage. But for me, i feel very different. I want to be better prepared for our marriage. Will check out the courses available next month. Thank you.

Comment

As much as I enjoyed my Pre-marital class, I must add that it is not a insurance for successful marriage.But it definately ensures that that we start our marriage on the right foot and prepares us for the new journey ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by tralaalaa
                            I'll be going for my MPC early this May. It's a compulsory for catholic couples to attend MPC before wedding. I'm looking forward to attend the classes.
                            Hi, a little OT here, but if I am non-religious, while my SO is a catholic, am I required to attend the classes too? Thanks for the enlightenment!

Comment

Candice, it's going to be a pre-requisite if you want to be married in church. Other than MPC, there's this other course that runs for 1 week only. Can attend either one.

Comment

Working...
                              X