Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROM High Tea or Lunch Receptions / Treats

Places I recommend for ROM High Tea or Lunch Receptions/Treats:

1. Holiday Inn Park View Hotel - Window on the Park Restaurant.
    2. Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel - Vienna Cafe.
    3. Excelsior Hotel - River City Restaurant.
    4. Conrad Centennial Hotel - Golden Peony Restaurant.

How about Merchant Court?

I'm looking for locations for my ROM in DEC. We're keeping our guest list small (less than 20) and it seems not too easy to find a good place since most places expects minimum 35-50 guests.

Any suggestions?

Comment

binbin: Perhaps you can have a sit-down lunch or dinner after the ROM. I'm holding mine (lunch buffet) in Club Chinos. For you, around 10-20pax, most resturants should be able to provide you with a private function room.

Comment

I think merchant court is better but more exp. Food quality is defintely better than the rivercity restaurant. as for the others, cant comment.

Merchant court is only even if u have < 20 people. just that you dont have yr own private room. just call them up in advance to book for the slot.

Comment

yeap! SO and I are looking at Merchant Court and Aloha Chalet.

for MC, we're thinking of a poolside thing. he went to look at the place last night and its anyone heard anything or have held their ROM or any events at MC before? Any reviews?

Comment

binbin: Do remember to ask if they will provide you with a backup venue if it rains (esp in Dec). Carlton and Goodwood Park have nice poolside venues Carlton has a waterfall and Goodwood Park has a private pool for small parties. Dreamy!!!

Comment

I have been to one at Hilton...
              think its not bad too!...

for waterfalls..
              think sheraton towers has the nicest waterfalls...

Comment

Hello gals!
                My Rom this dec will be at Conrad poolside area. Its actually enclosed so its air-cond & yur guests wont feel so warm. Ive taken some pics of it (w/out decoration yet) On the actual day, the entire place will be filled with flowers, & arches, etc. Very pretty. Just an alternative suggestion to gals here who plan to have their solemnisation outdoors.

Comment

what a warm and cozy venue for your rom..

anyway, how much are you paying per pax for the reception?

Comment

Hello Magical
                    Mine is a hi-tea buffet so its abt $50+++. The spread is very good. They have hot, cold, & dessert stations. I also have a room's stay, wedding cards, wedding bears, decors, etc. My co-ordinator is Dawn, she's a nice lady, can laise with her if u gals need help.

Comment

thanks dior for the info
                      well, SO and i are in the initial stage of planning our rom. So we'll keep our options open.
                      50+++ is kinda high as we don't intend to spend so much for the rom. anyway, hope you will have a wonderful time on your big day!
                      do keep us update with their services

Comment

Originally posted by magical
                        thanks dior for the info
                        well, SO and i are in the initial stage of planning our rom. So we'll keep our options open.
                        50+++ is kinda high as we don't intend to spend so much for the rom. anyway, hope you will have a wonderful time on your big day!
                        do keep us update with their services

Hi magical,
                        There are alot of nice places to consider, like Grand Plaza Parkroyal (U can solemnise at their waterfall area if u take their hi-tea buffet at ard $20+), Marriot poolside (Also ard $20-$30+ per pax), Grand Copthrone Eaterfront Paradisco area, Raffles Hotel lawn, etc. Take your time to source & ask for quotations. Happy searching, sweetie! Will keep u all update after my ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by dior_addict
                          Hello Magical
                          Mine is a hi-tea buffet so its abt $50+++. The spread is very good. They have hot, cold, & dessert stations. I also have a room's stay, wedding cards, wedding bears, decors, etc. My co-ordinator is Dawn, she's a nice lady, can laise with her if u gals need help.
                          Hi Dior, firstly, congrats!
                          The place looks cosy & nice...but I don't see any swimming pool?
                          Anyway, is there a min no. or pax for the package?
                          The additional items you mentioned above, are they complimentary? Or do you have to pay extra?
                          Care to share how much are you spending in total for your ROM?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink-Soul
                            Hi Dior, firstly, congrats!
                            The place looks cosy & nice...but I don't see any swimming pool?
                            Anyway, is there a min no. or pax for the package?
                            The additional items you mentioned above, are they complimentary? Or do you have to pay extra?
                            Care to share how much are you spending in total for your ROM?

Thanks in advance.
                            Hello pink-soul!
                            The place is indoor but has glass panels overlooking the pool outside. I specially chose this place cos i attended a fren's wedding outdoor & she was sweating like crazy by the 1st hr & all her makeup was running. So i chose an indoor venue with an 'outdoor' feel so its not as dull as a function room.
                            I think for hi tea, they have 2 packages, $45+++, & $50+++, min is 30 pax. I have 70 guests & i took the $50+++ package, so they threw in the room stay for me. The rest of the items are complimentary even if u have only the min 30 guests. They include:

• Free flow of soft drinks & mixers
                            • A pair of exclusive Conrad Wedding Teddy Bears
                            • Elegant wedding invitation cards for up to 70% of your guest
                            • 20% car passes will given based on your confirmed attendance

Also included are the solemnisation table, decor, flowers, etc. Come to think fo it, i think i spent
                            quite a bit on my ROM. Let me do a mental breakdown:

- Rom Dress (Allure Noir $189)
                            - Rom Shoes ( Nine West $169)
                            - Hubby Suit, Shirt, Shoes ($800)
                            - Wedding Bands (Tiff & Co $4.5k)
                            - Conrad Hi-tea (Ard $4k)
                            - Makeup (Glamour Shots, $80)
                            - Bouquet (Secret Garden, $60)
                            - Photography (Beetles @ Work, $388

That is excluding everything eles for the customary next year, just settled on banquet venue, photography & Bridal Shop. Planning a wedding is so expensive in Singapore. Must work harder now to earn more money.
                            -

Comment

wow dior_addict, that was quite a huge sum you spent but as long as you are happy with it, i think it doesn't matter. so you spent close to 8k on your ROM? when's your customary held?

SO and myself are supposed to be having our ROM sometime next july but nothing has been prepared!! both of us are so occupied now. damn.

Comment

Working...
                              X