PayPal - Info | Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal - Info | Help

I'm always thinking of opening a PayPal a/c but the fees (when withdraw $ from a HK bank~I believe it's the same as Sg), the fact that I can deposit $ into my a/c, etc etc, holding me off. What's your comments? Can you give me some ideas if you have PayPal? TIA

I love paypal. It's making online transaction so convenient! I tried to ignore the fees. haha. They charged HK$11.5 everytime you withdraw $ into your HK bank a/c so I tried to accumulate a bigger amount of $ before withdrawing it or just use the $ to bid on ebay The exchange is very bad though. US$1 = HK$7.6!! [email protected]%#

Comment

I have paypal. It's convenient but yes, there's withdrawal fees - that's why I never withdraw, just keep the money in there for when I want to purchase stuff.

Comment

So is there any other fees except:

-lousy exchange rate
        -withdrawal fee??

I think there's an opening fee too huh?
        You can't deposit $ to your PayPal a/c right?
        Can just go to the local bank anytime to withdraw cash?

:wave: Hi Sandy aka glittery!

Comment

@#%!! The swindlers!!! The bank that quoted me a $10 fee is POSB!

they're already eating up $2 of mine every month.....arrrrgh..... :burning:

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by glenda
            So is there any other fees except:

-lousy exchange rate
            -withdrawal fee??

I think there's an opening fee too huh?
            You can't deposit $ to your PayPal a/c right?
            Can just go to the local bank anytime to withdraw cash?

:wave: Hi Sandy aka glittery! </FONT SIZE>
            My paypal a/c is a business one so I am not familiar with the personal paypal a/c. They deduct 3.9% + USD$0.3 everytime I accept payment :x But one thing I am sure about is they don't charge any fees when you use paypal to pay people.

International a/c cannot deposit $ into our paypal a/c

When you withdraw the paypal fund, they will just deposit the money into your Bank a/c. It's just like normal auto pay. You can withdraw/use the $ after your HK bank received the $ and the HK bank side doesn't charge any fees receving $ from paypal.

HTH!

Comment

Hi Glenda!

You cant withdraw money from your bank to put into your Paypal account unless you have an US bank account. So when you use Paypal to pay, the amount is charged to your credit card. However do note that some people do not accept credit card payments because you'll need to have either a premium or business account to do that. And when you upgrade to a premium account, Paypal charges you a small fee whenever you receive money, either from Paypal balance or credit card etc. However for a normal account you wont be charged any fee for accepting payment from Paypal balance. That is why usually I leave the money in my Paypal account and do not withdraw it out to me bank. I just keep it and use to when I buy stuff off ebay or MUA etc. It works out better for me this way and I wont lose money due to the crappy exchange rate.

Comment

Oh, and there is no set up fee. But they do charge USD$1 to your credit card for verification. There will be a four digit number on your credit card statement. You need to enter these numbers at the paypal website to verify your credit card.

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by glittery
                  Oh, and there is no set up fee. But they do charge USD$1 to your credit card for verification. There will be a four digit number on your credit card statement. You need to enter these numbers at the paypal website to verify your credit card. </FONT SIZE>
                  actually i think they charge you a small amount, but will then refund that amount back to you.

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by appleger

i wanted to set up paypal so that i can ebay.
                    but realise i have problem!
                    it doesnt accept the debit card number i have entered.
                    weird..
                    i have no problem at all with the same number i used to do purchases online. </FONT SIZE>
                    probably paypal only accepts credit cards and not debit cards

Comment

debit cards - only mastercard debit can be used online, visa debit too, but not visa electron debit

Comment

Hey Apple, I think Paypal only takes credit cards....

As for Ebay....well...did I mention I ended up with lotsa junk from there? Sure, there are gems on there, but most of the time, I've realised that if I wait a bit longer, chances are I;ll be able to find similar items in Singapore....for a fraction of the cost and NONE of the hassle / worry of shipping / fraudulent sellers etc. etc.

I was conned once....sent over an obscene amount of $ to a seller, and the seller NEVER sent the item and disappeared! Filed fraud, and thank goodness my credit card company is one of the best, refunded ALL my money.

I'm still hoping that fraud is burning in hell....

:burning:

Comment

i'm sure paypal takes mastercard debit coz i used to tag that to my paypal

i got ripped off twice at ebay, less than $90 lost but still! at the time i was too young and innocent to know about filing fraud etc. now i just stay off ebay coz of the bad experiences

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by meow123
                            Back to topic, just to verify, sorry quite confuse abt this Paypal thing...If I do not have a premium or business a/c that means the other party can't pay me via credit card rt? And how do I upgrade to a premium or biz a/c? TIA.. </FONT SIZE>
                            not sure about business but you can upgrade to premium anytime you want from your normal account. only thing is with premium accounts you'll get charged a fee for ALL payments that you receive, not only credit card payments.

Comment

Do any of you have relatives in the US who also use Paypal? Paypal also have a lousy exchange rate for USD->CAD so what I do is when I accumulate a significant amount, I transfer it to my cousin in the US & he transfers it to his bank account (no s/c if you're in the US) & he writes me a check for the amount & I keep it in USD & deposit it directly into my USD account here. This is how I withdraw funds from Paypal & it's worked well for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X