Clear All

• The GOOD & BAD of the Online Spreeing community

This thread is for cotters to share information on the
    GOOD & BAD spree organisers.

I'll start the ball rolling first, do contribute if you can

GOOD :

Nickname : peachvodka
    Community: sgspree/_spreee
    Comments: Not sure if she's still spreeing but I really liked to join her sprees.
    She was efficient, friendly and had regular updates.
    Packed our items in ziplock bags and was accomodating!

Nickname : Gish86
    Community: sgspree
    Comments: Accomodating

Nickname : nuts1987
    Comments: Very efficient spree organiser! Very detailed breakdown & updates too! Very organised person too!

Nickname : shingirl
    Comments: I like her for her drugstore sprees, i find her efficient and detailed with the breakdown and updates. Very organised person too!

BAD:

Ok now things do get a tad bit interesting yeah?

Nickname : McNymph
    Comments: MIA, i think she still owes alot of spreers their items and refunds

Nickname : PinkyMe aka xocherryade aka Shiqin of SMU
    Community: sgspree/_spreee

Nickname : Blurblurme

Nickname : not so sure
    Community: a certain forum similar to Cozycot & Flowerpod
    Comments: I heard that the [Mod(s) OR admin OR both]earn from shipping.
    Didn't provide required printscreens etc or something.
    Not so sure but lately their dirty deeds have been exposed in one of the ex-mod's blog though it's a private entry.

Nickname : Principessa
    Community: _spreee
    Comments: Before the mods finalized the way handling fees should be charged,
    she charged $1 handling fees even for meetup for "keeping your items safe and in good condition".
    Also the infamous spree organiser who was quoted saying that part of the handling fees should go to eye masks cus spree orgs spend long hours staring at their computers.

Nickname : Punqinheads & Ladyhsu
    Comments: Both are pretty efficient and there were no hiccups in their sprees but I suspect that they are earning from the shipping for je551.com sprees.
    Shipping is usually hefty, like around 4-6bucks incld TT charges.
    I joined another spree and paid 2+ only incld PP charges.
    But note that this is purely my own speculation as I do not have evidence.

Nickname : Lolitasweet
    Community: spreehouse
    Comments: Efficient enough but charges higher handling for registered mail.
    However, my envelope had 2 miserable 1.5-2inches tape on each side only, the bubblewrap was miserably tiny too.
    Felt that packing was insufficient and poorly done!

ETA : Will be adding more to this list soon!
    Last edited by Ashlene; 24-08-2008, 03:55 PM.

i second nuts1987!

GOOD :
    Community: sgspree/also conducts spree on her own lj page
    Comments: I've spree-ed with her two times, and both times she was very efficient, detailed and organised. Provides many updates, together with well drawn up lists breaking down costs, etc. Prompt in sending out items. I definitely felt a sense of security spreeing with her. i call her the 'power spree organiser' as her feedback count currently stands at a +1296/-0.

Nickname: thegreendog
    Comments: Efficient, organised and reliable, except for the fact that she was late both times when i opted for meetup.

Comment

GOOD:

Community: sgspree/also conducts spree on her own lj page
      Comments: Very responsible organiser. Everything is very organised and she keeps us updated frequently. One of the best organisers that I have the fortune to spree with.

Everything (invoices, freight charges etc) are all provided to us automatically without any prompts. Very transparent organiser. Efficient and trustworthy.

Nickname: coloredtears
      Community: spreehouse/__spreee/sgspree/own LJ
      Comments: Responsible and speedy.

Nickname: amy_blueberry
      Community: spreehouse/sprees_sg/own LJ
      Comments: She's ok, very speedy mailing and trustworthy though updates are not very frequent. Her sprees are usually quite straight-forward and hassle-free.

Nickname: enterpls
      Community: joinspree
      Comments: Fast, responsible, patient. Safe to join her sprees.

Nickname: blushiezz
      Comments: Patient and nice spree organiser. I had breakouts with her ampoules (it was just me, not her ampoules!) and she offered to refund me after I mail the ampoules back to her. Very prompt and trustworthy.

Nickname:yourslovingly
      Comments: Love the quality of the clothes in her sprees. Fast and responsible mailing out of items coupled with frequent updates.

BAD:

Nickname: mcnymph
      Community: various
      Comments: Didn't have much problems with her, but she conducted way too many sprees at once and mailing out was slow even after I did immediate topups.. Didnt reply to her emails either. It was nerve-wrecking spreeing with her.

Comment

"Nickname: blushiezz
        Comments: Patient and nice spree organiser. I had breakouts with her ampoules (it was just me, not her ampoules!) and she offered to refund me after I mail the ampoules back to her. Very prompt and trustworthy."

wow, thats very nice of her to do that...

Comment

Nickname: stitch_madness aka trashballerinaa
          Community: spore_sprees (She is the admin & moderator)
          Comments: NEGATIVE

Lacks the maturity & responsibility to handle a spree.
          (only found out that she was a mere 17 yrs old later on)

Took ages to conclude a spree.
          Didn't give regular updates.
          Had to be chased alot of times for updates or replies.
          Didn't seem concerned when shipment could have been lost.

http://community.livejournal.com/spo...ees/79917.html

May's spree but up til now, still didn't refund spreers their shipping excess
          http://community.livejournal.com/spo...age=2#comments

http://community.livejournal.com/spo...age=3#comments

On top of that, she either has problems with her maths or she is out to cheat.
          I had excess of $22+ with her.
          She told me to top up $22 for shipping & postage of my 2 items.
          I asked if she had deducted from my excess cus how can shipping & postage be $40 over?

She said YES.

In her email, she mentioned item A's shipping is $13, so I asked for item B's shipping which turned out to $9+.

So after you take $22 - 9+ - 13+ = +/- around $0

I just need to top up for local postage alone.
          I told her that and asked her to confirm my calculations, she said ok transfer over now!?!?!?!

What a big diff! I topped up $8+ only in the end!!!

And she didn't bother to explain why she asked me to transfer $22 in the 1st place.

Also she only sent out my items 9 days later after no news from her at all.
          No news = no replies to my emails/SMS/comments til the 8th day.

I will never ever try out new spree organisers EVER again.
          Last edited by Ashlene; 08-09-2008, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Spree taken part in : Nv ren Wo Zui Da Preorder #7
            Spree link : http://community.livejournal.com/spr...e/1970818.html
            Comments : NEGATIVE
            Remarks: I ordered 5 items from her amounting to $20 plus. thus i opted for registered to be safe. to my dismay the first item, in which i ordered 2 quantities, which cost $11 in total was OOS and was NOT IN THE PACKAGE when i received it.

she did not inform me beforehand that the first item was OOS, if not i will surely opt for NORMAL MAIL. who in the world will pay a registered parcel for a $9plus item?[the rest of the item] you should have told me it is OOS and i will surely ask you to send via normal mail.

BTW, THE I ORDERED ITEMS ON THE 24 JULY 2008 AND ONLY RECEIVE IT ON 10 SEPT. THATS SUPER GODDAMN LONG.

yet she still have time to organise other new sprees despite saying that she is "busy with exams"

CANDY_L0VES
            that is my first negative comment.

and CUTESALE. i ordered items in MAY, items is NOT HERE YET/ GRR

i like nuts1987 , amy_blueberry , leafytea , aphelle , adelicious and especially chimericalz for tons of her makeup spree! i have more , but these are the few i spree more than twice.
            Last edited by deebz; 12-09-2008, 02:17 AM.

Comment

I don't have any names in mind, but I hate organisers who collected extra $0.50-$1.50 from me but send my things in recycle or free envelopes stolen from company, without even using scotch tape or wrapper. Don't tell me the ink used to write my name and address cost so much money?

Comment

havent been in sgspree for long, but i participated in nuts1987's spree before. one of the ones worth remembering

Comment

Originally posted by suki_desu View Post
                  I don't have any names in mind, but I hate organisers who collected extra $0.50-$1.50 from me but send my things in recycle or free envelopes stolen from company, without even using scotch tape or wrapper. Don't tell me the ink used to write my name and address cost so much money?
                  I beg to differ. If the exchange rate is as per charged, I don't mind paying an extra $1 - 2 bucks for handling fee etc., so long as the item gets to me! After all, it takes a lot of time to keep accounts and to order.

But if they charge a higher rate, demand unreasonable handling fees. Can go fly kite.

Comment

I am now considering to set up a new spree service for my online store sgdrugstore.com. Exchange rate will be according to the bank rate and there will be a handling fee of SIN 3 each spreers. Prompt shipping status will be provided and all tracking numbers like UPS, DHL or FedEx will be provided in order to make spree as transparent as possible.

Do you think the handling fee is reasonable?
                    Sprees like UrbanDecay.com, Drugstore.com, Ulta.com, PoshBrushes.com are doable which I did before in another forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Aud View Post
                      I beg to differ. If the exchange rate is as per charged, I don't mind paying an extra $1 - 2 bucks for handling fee etc., so long as the item gets to me! After all, it takes a lot of time to keep accounts and to order.

But if they charge a higher rate, demand unreasonable handling fees. Can go fly kite.

Yes, they've already charged a higher rate and didn't mention the extra money as handling charge until we noticed ourselves.

Comment

Name of Spree Org: orange_fr3nzy
                        Name of Spree: spree for her #9
                        URL of Spree: http://community.livejournal.com/_spreee/2244325.html
                        Comments: 5/5 STAR negative.

my negative fb is here.

this is the worst spree i have ever taken part.will definitely NOT spree with them again. such disappointment.

Comment

To be fair, we should have a thread on BAD COTTERS that spree organisers should avoid.

Comment

Aud, i have one person in mind already. that drama-mama person.

Comment

Originally posted by ryantey2004 View Post
                              I am now considering to set up a new spree service for my online store sgdrugstore.com. Exchange rate will be according to the bank rate and there will be a handling fee of SIN 3 each spreers. Prompt shipping status will be provided and all tracking numbers like UPS, DHL or FedEx will be provided in order to make spree as transparent as possible.

Do you think the handling fee is reasonable?
                              Sprees like UrbanDecay.com, Drugstore.com, Ulta.com, PoshBrushes.com are doable which I did before in another forum.
                              SGD3 for handling is too high for me..

Comment

Working...
                              X