Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July
    replied
    its cheaper cos its fr different manufacture. some r fr thailand, malaysia etc... thus thats explains the different prices. doesnt mean that the stuffs r fake.

Leave a comment:

• Rainieng
    replied
    May I know why shop like Swanston, why their products are so cheap? Is it really they are fake? But I happened to buy my leave in conditioner( distributed by XXX) from my salon. When I saw this leave in conditioner at swanston, it is also distributed bt XXX. So does it mean it's not fake?

Leave a comment:

• raremix
    replied
    Thanks Sunkisstiffy for the info!

Leave a comment:

• sunkisstiffy
    replied
    scarlet135: you're welcome!
    i doubt those are fake products, perhaps most are from thailand, like those batteries/toothpaste found in value dollar shops, Pinkybeauty, Venus etc~?
    their brands are not alot though, most of the times, it's always those few brands for sanitary pads, shampoo, shower foam, skincare~
    there are like 3 shops, so before buying, remember to visit all 3 shops to compare the prices. item A maybe the cheapest in Oceans, but that doesn't mean Ocean is has the cheapest for every items.

Leave a comment:

• sunkisstiffy
    replied
    raremix: Oceans, Swanston, Lee Hwa!

Leave a comment:

• raremix
    replied
    Which shop sells the cheapest toiletries? There are so many shops selling toiletries...

Leave a comment:

• LadySilver
    replied
    usually go there for the toiletries because it's cheap. the clothes there not too bad, but some of the clothes not in good quality and not that cheap.

Leave a comment:

• fashionassassin
    replied
    chinatown is one of my fave place to go.i usually go to people's park.

1-i go there for the fabrics.the uncles and aunties at the shops are mostly veryyy friendly and sometimes gives me abit of discount.
    2-there's this shop at level 2 or 3 that sells stockings of all colours.
    its sooo much cheaper than topshop.quality wise is good also.ive worn them a number of times and wash.still no tears or whatever.
    3-sugar cane juice.hehehehe.i dont know which shop..but my friend usually buys them for me..its sooo thirst quenching.
    4-theres this shop called butterfly/butterflies at level 4 or 5 that sells nice clothes.
    5-cheap accessories and toiletries :D

oh yea.anyone know if theres any shop there selling plus size clothings?
    thx :D

Leave a comment:

• simply_bluez
    replied
    yes...i like the clothes there too...i wouldn't say very cheap but definitely cheaper than fep..and quality not too bad either.

Leave a comment:

• cokecheers
    replied
    I usually go People park level 3 for office wears... very cheap (ard 30 plus) and sometime you can bargain too...

The toiletries are really quite cheap too, i prefer Swantson at level 2... the goods are more organised and welly shelfed.

Leave a comment:

• ah_zi
    replied
    I'm a regular to chinatown stores cause my office is just so near. I like their clothes for the cheap prices with good quality. I once bought 2 tops and 2 Korean style pencil skirts for the price of $100 only. So, thought that was quite a good deal.

As for toiletries wise, Estee Lauder is way cheaper. My cleanser selling at $42 only, when reatiling at $50+. My SO's hair gel, was even half priced compared to watsons.

Leave a comment:

• huibaby
    replied
    have done the editing.. sorry for my jargons

Leave a comment:

• Glossie
    replied
    Thanks for the review, huibaby. Can you please edit your post - some words have turned up *** as you've spelled them SMS-style. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• huibaby
    replied
    ok.. i couldn't find where my thread was.. and finally found it combined here.. Went back to chinatown again days ago.. this time round, really took my time and walked through the whole place above the hawker centre.. here's what i have to say:

1) the toiletries are really quite cheap.. just take for example Bioessence.. was at Swanston and the aunty actually showed me the Waston cateloge and compared the pricing.. wow... it was 30% cheaper than watson.. .. i don't know if there's any difference but it looks exactly the same to me and the aunty says 100% same...

2) 2nd floor has alot of textile shops but very few fashion boutiques... I was searchin for this shop at the corner that i went b4... it's called Estilo Fashion... a nicely decorated shop.. the items i will say quite similar to far east.. mostly are casual clothings. some of their items come in relatively small sizing, so suits ppl like me, who are petite... really liked their stuffs but due to budget constraint, only bought a skirt and a top... pricing wise, i can say rather affordable and cheaper than far east.. they have a website actually and i just checked... their eshop has got some nice clothes for sales.. will be ordering through the eshop later.. www.estilo.sg ... important thing : this shop is tended by a male.. those ladies who dun like to have guys serving them shld take note.. but he's very friendly and don't disturb or bother u when u are just browsing around... and quite a handsome guy =X

2) 3rd floor : a veryvery ulu corner has a shop called Felio... wa.. those who like hello kitty should come.. whole shop done up very hello kitty style... clothes are all casual... i should say suitable for teens... alot of tubes and are all rather colourful.. pricing wise, a bit exp but if u like it, pamper yourself abit doesn't really matters ma.. down side is the lady inside doesn't seems to be bothered abt me when i step in... maybe i look poor ? they have bags also and some looked quite cute to me

3) 3rd floor butterflies.. clothes are very simple .. and pricing is quite reasonable.. some of it can be worn to work and are rather neat & simple. but variaty not alot to choose from. design and decor also quite stylish. lookin for simple tops can come here .

4) came upon a very nice shoe shop. cotton candy... the shoes really quite nice and rather affordable. service is good if i want to buy shoes, no doubt i will think of this place. their bags (for putting the shoes) are really nice too.

Alright.. i shall end my reviews here.. very tired from the longgggg post.. haha..
    Last edited by huibaby; 03-06-2008, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aaprikott
    replied
    I go to Chinatown people's park? (the building next to OG, with food maket) for cheap work clothes! ive seen exact pieces selling in FEP but at Chinatoen is wayyyyyy cheaper.

like those pencil skirts.. FEP selling 49.90 or more, Chinatown exct piece for $30ish!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X