what to buy for BF family during CNY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to buy for BF family during CNY?

as above/ what u all buy for ur BF and his family during CNY.???
    for my bf, he will buy anbalone and ba kwa every chinese new year without fail. i am lack of ideas to buy something for them... what u girls buy for ur bf??? my bf family seems to have 'unlimited stock 'of bird nest,ba kwa, sea cucumber, ginseng, abalone ... i am loss of idea of what to buy,,'

Instead of food, how about getting them pretty CNY flowers and potted plants?

Comment

i thought of that also.. however, bf said waste of $$ and beside the stuff inside the hamper are cheap stuff... make me all the way

Please refrain from quoting when referring to post above. Thanks.
      Last edited by daphnee; 08-01-2006, 12:54 AM.

Comment

how about making your own pineapple tarts / cookies for his family? i'm thinking of doing that

Comment

i made that last year.... heee! not really up to standard...
          want to make those famous amos cookie type but dunno how to make ....
          Originally posted by lysander
          how about making your own pineapple tarts / cookies for his family? i'm thinking of doing that

Comment

ray, its so nice of you to get a hamper for your So's family.. i feel so bad as i just give one bottle of pineapple tarts(my mum baked)..

Comment

usually, i will buy some new year goodies for SO's family from chinatown. those 5 for $10 kind. SO will choose those that he thinks his family will like to munch on.

Comment

[QUOTE=laura_yaya]i thought of that also.. however, bf said waste of $$ and beside the stuff inside the hamper are cheap stuff... make me all the way

The quality of the products are usually inferior and mostly cheap stuff if you buy the hamper off the shelf. Why don't you purchase your own products, get a basket and wrap your own hamper? That's what my mum does for CNY & Christmas every year, and it never fails to impress!

Comment

yup! my mum does that too..
                  hehe..and it's great cos you get to choose wad you wanna get for his family..
                  and as for me, i'm baking new year goodies..
                  if you gals are interested, i can pass some receipes to you!

Comment

I am buying Bee Cheng Hiang b.ah kua.

Comment

Me too. either a hamper of CNY cookies from Bengawan Solo or *** KWA
                      esle if u are feeling more generous. Abalone set fron Skylight

Comment

im ordering a bottle of choco chip cookies from my colleague and maybe another goodie..the choco chip cookies taste like Famous Amos..

Comment

You can always make ur own hamper too.. Or buy bak Kwa in return...I think food is the best gift of all.

Comment

i am thking of canned abalones

Comment

u can try the following (preferably in items of a pair)
                              1. canned abalone, canned baby scallops (luxurious)
                              2. candy and chocolates (sweet and harmony)
                              3. mushrooms
                              4. dried sharkfins

pack them up in a nice box.

Comment

Working...
                              X