eBay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay!

I bidded 2 MAC pigments for US$13.50 and $12.50 paid $7 shipping total $33 on March 12. Paid by PayPal. I didn't receive anything and so I asked her. She replied on April 2 saying was sent out a while ago. I got her package post marked April 4 a few days ago. But what I received are just 2 pigment samples!! In her auction, a full size picture was shown and the word "sample" was never there!! She replied saying there's a sentence of "photo may not be of the actual item. It is only used as a tool to view the items color". OK I just saw that but it's in the smallest font. Obviously I wouldn't paid so much for samples!!! Her postage I saw was only $1.2 and charged me $7??

Clearly it's a misleading auction did it purposely by her!! What can I do?
    Last edited by glenda; 14-04-2003, 05:53 PM.

She has about 110 feedback 4 neg and 1 neutral. Someone who left a neg feedback saying what she receive isn't as describe.

After a few emails, she's ok to refund me but not a full refund:

shipping: $7.00
    packaging to mail item: $1.98
    packaging of actual item: [email protected] $1.20 ea. = $2.40
    listing fees through ebay: [email protected] .30 ea. = $.60
    final value fees through ebay: $.66 and $.71 = $1.37
    a relisting fee so that i can try to sell a USED makeup item [email protected] .30ea.=$.60
    and a handling fee for my time, gas, etc: $6.00
    also, paypal charges of $ 2.59

that means your $33.00 less $15.54 will be $17.46.

The thing is she charged me $7 shipping but she actually just paid $1.20 showing on the envelope. I already asked her to deduct $1.2 not $7. Waiting for her response.

Comment

that's her response about deducting $7 instead of $1.2 postage she actually paid:

i do not wish to refund anything PERIOD! but i made you an offer, so send back the items, take what i offerd, and call it done. remember to add some kind of delivery confirmation or insurance. because if it gets lost in the mail, or comes back destroyed, or even a SLIGHT BIT MISSING out of the containers, i WILL NOT REFUND ANY MONEY! Please advise on what you plan to do.

Comment

Originally posted by jemay
        send back via registered mail
        But what if she said it's lesser than she sent to me??
        btw, her user name is "Courtney9779" in Ebay and MUA. I'm the one actually told her about MUA and I'm sorry to see someone already cheated by her there!!

Comment

report her to ebay's safe harbour?

Comment

Originally posted by bluebubble
            report her to ebay's safe harbour?
            Thanks for your rec, but what's this?

Comment

i think it's an ebay thing to report fraud sellers or something...i don't use ebay so i can't say for sure, if u ask around MUA or surf around ebay, i think u would be able to find some avenues to file a complaint

Originally posted by glenda
              Thanks for your rec, but what's this?

Comment

she's so damn unreasonable! honestly why should she even charge you for packaging when you're returning her the items (including the container they came in)? plus shipping wasnt even $7! grrr.....and $6 for time and gas? hello, she's wasting your time too!

i think you shouldnt give in glenda, definitely report her to ebay. maybe you can ask around on MUA, i think the ladies there will have more experience dealing with fraud auctions. :piss:

Comment

that's her response about deducting $7 instead of $1.2 postage she actually paid:

i do not wish to refund anything PERIOD! but i made you an offer, so send back the items, take what i offerd, and call it done. remember to add some kind of delivery confirmation or insurance. because if it gets lost in the mail, or comes back destroyed, or even a SLIGHT BIT MISSING out of the containers, i WILL NOT REFUND ANY MONEY!!!!!!!!!! please advise on what you plan to do.

:piss: :piss: :piss:
                  Glenda, I am SO for you! What a total B****! I think you have to take some kind of action against her because on the whole you've not done anything wrong, so why are you paying for her fraudulent methods? You shouldn't have to pay anything at all! H/e, I uderstand that it may not be worth the hassle...please do update us on what you decide to do.

Mag --> feeling so "bu fu qi" for you...

Comment

glenda,

Safe Harbour <<-- there is a listing under safe harbour. u might want to read through them & see what's best to do now. obviously to make a report would be the best start!

HTHs!

Comment

Glenda, you can do a few things:

1. Give her negative feedback on Ebay.

2. Launch a "buyer complaint" process on Ebay. You will have to give a description of what happened and if successful, Ebay will suspend / delete her a/c. I did this once with a #%^!!! fraud in Canada who bloody conned me out of a pair of Pradas, and that seller's a/c got suspended.

3. If you paid through Paypal, file a buyer complaint. If you're lucky you may get a partial refund.

4. If you paid through your credit card, you could speak to them and try to get a refund. I got my full refund when I was conned by the seller on Ebay.

5. Post a warning about this seller on your MUA swap pad.

6. Post a warning about this seller on www.swaptawk.com

Sorry to hear about this....these sellers make me sick!!!

Comment

Glenda, I'm so sorry to hear of your problem.

It will be helpful to forward a photo of the items you received when making a complaint to Ebay together with the auction item #.

Another alternative is to use Square Trade Online Dispute Resolution as an intermediary. They offer a free web based forum for you and the seller to resolve the problem. Apparently a majority of Ebay complaints are resolved through Square Trade. HTHs!

Also, please warn other MUAers of this person through your notepad and at Swaptawk. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by rustybix
                          Glenda, I'm so sorry to hear of your problem.

It will be helpful to forward a photo of the items you received when making a complaint to Ebay together with the auction item #.

Another alternative is to use Square Trade Online Dispute Resolution as an intermediary. They offer a free web based forum for you and the seller to resolve the problem. Apparently a majority of Ebay complaints are resolved through Square Trade. HTHs!

Also, please warn other MUAers of this person through your notepad and at Swaptawk. Good luck!
                          hi Rusty, means it's a forum for only 2 of us?? but via emails she's already this mean and seems she don't wanna give me any other option!!

Comment

Oh, ugh, Glenda, I'm sorry this happened to you. I agree with what the girls have already suggested ... I would definitely ask on MUA ... there are many girls there that are very experienced with Ebay both as buyers and sellers. And as others have suggested, you might want to post some information on your swap pad to warn others. Swaptawk isn't a bad idea, either.

Keep us posted!

Comment

hi Rusty, means it's a forum for only 2 of us?? but via emails she's already this mean and seems she don't wanna give me any other option!!
                              Hi Glenda,

Yes, the free service means it's a forum for just the both of you. Unless if you want to request for a 3rd party mediator, you will have to pay a fee of USD20.00 which is not worth it in your case.

But filing a complaint with Ebay + Square Trade + posting your case on SwapTawk will perhaps indicate to the seller that you really mean business and are not going to take her sh*t sitting down.

Like Pan has mentioned, also lodge a complaint with Paypal since you used the service and hopefully you will be able to recover some of your $$$$.

Comment

Working...
                              X