Singapore Import Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Import Tax

when you order is there any taxes the singapore custom impose onto the clothes? and is there the 5% gst? TIA!

Only if your purchase amounts up to S$400

Comment

5gst is taxed on any products above $300. So if your bulk purchase is greater than $300, you'll have to pay!

I also had a $10 "disbursement" charge - have no idea what that is but that's what the receipt says. grin.. can't argue with the fedex guy and spore gov!

Comment

oops posted the same time as atypical. the fedex guy could be wrong.. maybe its $400...

Comment

The 5% GST is levied if your entire purchase (product, shipping and insurance costs) amounts to more than S$400.

I didn't have to pay any disbursement charge so not sure what that is either.

Comment

Oh, but i just got my total worth close to $500 of clothes from Australia and i didnt got tax by Singpost! :note:

Comment

oh, the supre spree order is over $700. dont know if we will be taxed. pray not.....

Comment

thanks babes for ur answers!

Comment

am reviving this thread. does Fedex charge 6% tax for the orders? cos i just ordered from Anf kids... not sure if there would be surcharge...

and i just realised that we've had US$240 worth of orders thats not inclusive of shipping... :Doh:

Comment

Oh yah! Fedex charges $10 fees!!

*slaps myself*

Comment

so its just a flat charge of $10 right?

and i will be incurring GST of 5% right?

first time ordering...

Comment

I think there's some CIF or something like that too... some "hidden" something.. thats why some spree organisers charge 6% instead..

Comment

arrgghh.. better pray that the additional 6% i charged is enough for me to cover the $10 surcharge and 5% GST.

now then i know its not easy organising spress....

Comment

luvcandy, people normally charge and extra 0.40 or something for the Fed Ex $10 fee. Did u do that?

Comment

i took exchange rate at 1.72 to be on the safe side cos im using debit card and told them to add an additional 6%

anyway we only have 16 items and shipping for each item costs about USD$3.75

kinda expensive huh???

Comment

Working...
                              X