Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crafty gift ideas for each month he's away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafty gift ideas for each month he's away?

hey gals...
    my dearest bf is away for some training in perth for 8-10 mths. and i have made a pact with him to that i will make a gift for him each month he's away. so i'm just wondering if you gals have any ideas of crafty gifts? recently i have had a spade of DIY madness so i would love to make sumthing for him instead of buying him the gift. any craft ideas? Thanks!

interesting idea!

1 - make a card, send him a poem to tell him how much u miss and love him

2 - knit him a scarf

3 - cross stitch of a simple cartoon (those DIY craft set)

4 - bake him cookies and send it to him (errr, might have probs with quarantine though)

5. take pics of urself and send him with some love poems/ messages

Comment

Lola, you guys are such a sweet couple!! *envy*

My bf's away too for the next 9mths.
      We don't have such similar pact, but initially when he was gone last year, i told myself i will knit him a scarf as it will come in handy over that kinda harsh weather. Bought my needles and yarns, tried learning from those aunties at People's Park but failed.

In the end, i settled for a 100% pure lambwool scarf from Springfield.

I don't know i don't feel the urge of making him little gifts. Ohoh.. has our flame die down on us??

For me, i just sent him practical stuff eg. chicken essence, vit C pills, foodstuff, redbull etc. And i nag at him that he eat them and not waste them when it past their expiry dates! :shout:

Comment

hmm... personally i have no patience for patience for needle work... as i prefer working with other mediums like paper, plastic etc... hmm... i have thoughts of making him a wallet... a keychain etc...

i guess its hard to maintain a long distance relationship so i have to make an extra effort to keep the fire buring...

*i miss him so much... * sorry for the mushiness

Comment

my SO and I used to exchange special friday emails each week summarising the week and what was so special about it. i compiled a year's worth of these emails and formatted and bound it into a book for him.

Comment

hey gajahgirl, aww thats so sweet... hmm this is worth considering... thanks!

Comment

Not exactly an crazy idea, but how about making him some soaps and candles? Fairly easy to do. You can find the supplies at Spotlight although the selection is limited.

Comment

soaps and candles? definitely sounds promising... i wouldnt mind making them for myself too. i know creative hands at ngee ann has some candle/soap making supplies too but limited lik spot light as well. thanks for that great suggestion!

Comment

momopeach dearie,
                  there's lots of soaps/candle making instructions on the web but all kinda varies... would it be possible to share your instructions with me? because i'm kinda confused thanks-a-lot!

Comment

Originally posted by gajahgirl
                    my SO and I used to exchange special friday emails each week summarising the week and what was so special about it. i compiled a year's worth of these emails and formatted and bound it into a book for him.
                    OMG!! that's like soooo sweet of you! *envy*

SO used to give me a paper crane in a small bottle which would be accompanied by a small note summarising the events for the whole month for our monthly anniversary.

maybe you can try doing some origami and put them all into a bottle and give it to him when he comes back? say everytime you missed him, you'll fold one?

Comment

Originally posted by lola
                      momopeach dearie,
                      there's lots of soaps/candle making instructions on the web but all kinda varies... would it be possible to share your instructions with me? because i'm kinda confused thanks-a-lot!
                      Sure no prob. I will look for my soap-making book tomorrow and let you know!

Comment

Hey Lola,

I just realised that it would be too difficult to show you the recipes without the pictures to go along with it. I can make a photocopy of my soap making 101 book for you. It's not that many pages, only about 35. I might be able to make a color photcopy at my MIL's work place. hehe. If not, then it will just be black n white. Just let me know.

Comment

just wondering if these type of books (ie: the soap making ones) are available from the library.. might want to try out myself during the holidays! if i have time.

TIA!

Comment

i tried the library but couldnt any soap making books... maybe i didnt look hard enough...

oh momopeach dearie, have you tried any of the instructions in the book? does it work? wouldnt want to trouble you if its not useful... thanks dearie!

Comment

no results generated using the OPAC in the library?

Comment

Working...
                              X